Amityville House of Lies by London Knight

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Re: Amityville House of Lies by London Knight

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:The reviews of the book have not been kind to Ms. Knight on Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Amityville-House- ... B00BW7JV3W

Much like with Ryan's films people either give 1 star or 5. In both cases it is apparent the 5 stars come from shills.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Looks like London/Carol in addition of being a paranormal and Amityville expert was also an expert stripper.
http://www.amazon.com/kindle-store/dp/B00COZEW9O

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 pm

scipio-USMC wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:She is changing the names of well-known public figures in order to protect the innocent. :clap:
I'm not quite sure what is worse, her to be getting their names wrong because of how poorly she is familiar with what she claims to be investigating for 13 year sr to be so stupid as to think she needs to use pseudonyms for famous people who wrote books.

I tried to make a judgment but am stumped. Either one is so pathetic that it makes her a joke.

As to the question of which is more likely I am leaning towards her simply screwing up the names because she so badly screwed up all the other details as well.
Totally agree. I was just making a joke. She didn't claim it or anything. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if she did make such a claim to hide her mistakes.)

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
scipio-USMC wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:She is changing the names of well-known public figures in order to protect the innocent. :clap:
I'm not quite sure what is worse, her to be getting their names wrong because of how poorly she is familiar with what she claims to be investigating for 13 year sr to be so stupid as to think she needs to use pseudonyms for famous people who wrote books.

I tried to make a judgment but am stumped. Either one is so pathetic that it makes her a joke.

As to the question of which is more likely I am leaning towards her simply screwing up the names because she so badly screwed up all the other details as well.
Totally agree. I was just making a joke. She didn't claim it or anything. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if she did make such a claim to hide her mistakes.)

I know you were just joking. It actually would not be bad speculation since she got NO names right. To screw up every name except DeFeo's actually makes it look like that is what she was doing.

The reviews are pretty funny I kind of wish I could see her giving her reaction to them.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Looks like London/Carol in addition of being a paranormal and Amityville expert was also an expert stripper.
http://www.amazon.com/kindle-store/dp/B00COZEW9O
I doubt she was ever a stripper and if she ever was she was no expert.

That book is basically just a ripoff of media stories except the got the names wrong there too. Michelle Linehan was actually Mechele and the whole thing was on Nightline after she was freed. So much for stories never told before...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 am

scipio-USMC wrote:LMAO, it is hilaruous when self declared authorities can't get any of the details straight especially when talking on the fly. Could you imagine them being on stage and questioned? Good grief Mr Webb is that Jack Webb?
Well, for starters Jack Webb is this guy, the actor out of Dragnet fame.

Whereas Jack Webber was a Welsh spiritualist/medium:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Webber

I seriously doubt she was referring to either of these individuals, both long since departed from this mortal coil.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Looks like she's found a new enemy...
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:AMITYVILLE: HOUSE OF LIES - A new book by London Knight aka Carol Malone is now available on Amazon. I seldom post about other Amityville projects or books, but this one needed to be mentioned because there are so blatant issues that need to be discussed....

I haven't read the whole book, nor do I have the time to point out all the things that are incorrect within the book, but I did take offense at a few things pertaining to myself and my work on this case....

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Hmm, maybe he will sue her. :rotate:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Maybe Ryan and I can be co-plaintiffs for once... :shock:

grimjim
Amityville Addict

Post by grimjim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:46 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS First and foremost, while I am not entirely through the book, I want to note that I am looking at a Kindle version of the book. At "477 of 2221" Knight writes:

"We do know that Dawn's body was moved because the only place inside the DeFeo house that had dark paneling was the downstairs basement room. This was discovered years after the murders took place as another person that was studying the Amityville case was going through the photos and came across it. It was a whole new look into the Amityville case...It is, to this day, that no one can put their finger on just how Dawn's body was moved or just who moved it."

Pictured with the passage is the "7th body" photo that Ric Osuna had stumbled across when examining DeFeo crime scene negatives at the Suffolk Police Department around 2000-2001.

This "another person" London Knight speaks of is and was, factually, Ric Osuna when he was writing "The Night The DeFeos Died."

The body of Dawn DeFeo was factually NOT moved at all from the bed where it was discovered as originally discussed in Ric's book. During the course of research on Shattered Hopes, we discovered the reason behind the mix-up and we wrote an entire piece via our website that resolved the matter once and for all. The page can be viewed at our website: http://www.amityvillefilm.com/The%20Seventh%20Body.html

grimjim
Amityville Addict

Post by grimjim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:56 pm

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS Dwight, I have no idea. Never heard of her before about a year ago when she came on this page and suggested that her and I are long lost friends who spoke way, way back when Ric was writing his book, or something to the effect. She seemed to suggest that we talked, which, as I recall, I shut that down pretty quickly wherein I stated that I have never met her, never talked to her, never emailed her, and have not the foggiest who she is and what her connection to the Amityville case is. Now, POOF, we have this book. And I am not too terribly happy that she proffers documents and research which WE, as the Shattered team, FOUND as her own.
för 6 timmar sedan · Gilla · 1
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS CHAPTER NINE - NEW EVIDENCE FOUND IN THE AMITYVILLE CASE: Knight, without offering anything remotely new to the account of how we found the gun builds an entire chapter by transcribing the CBS2 news segment which aired on us in February 2012. She further scavenges text from AquaSurvey's website, stealing photos that belong to myself or AS without so much as a licensing fee OR credit for the photos. She then reprints, in ALMOST IN ENTIRETY, the complete article written by Seth Porges at Maxim Magazine verbatim as it appeared in the online and print versions of the magazine without so much as a credit to ANYONE and to a lay person they would likely assume it was actually an interview with me that SHE conducted when Seth was the one who did the work.

She further writes: (Reprinted EXACTLY as written)

"I can recall the phone call that woke me up on the day they pulled the gun out of the water.

As I answered it all the voice said was, "They found the second gun."

"What? What the :) love :) are you talking about?"

"Katzenbach and his divers found the second gun in the Amityville murders."

"Are you shitting me?"

"No, look just turn on the news."

"Okay."

As I turned on the news, there it was the whole story, the photo of the gun, everything."

"Oh my God, that son of a bitch pulled it off!!!!! I got to go I will call you later." As I hung up the phone, my mind raced. Was this the same gun? Did the calibers match what we know by the ballistics reports of the DeFeo murders? I know one thing I had to get a hold of Katzenbach.

I tried for days, but was unable to do so. All I knew at the time is that the police had the gun and that tests were being run on it."

MY COMMENT: First and foremost, dramatic, yes, but accurate...not so much. Regarding this person who called her and told her to turn on the news, I can say that this was a blatant fabrication. First and foremost, there were NO NEWS CREWS permitted on site. There were no news people, other than Maxim Magazine, even remotely of the knowledge as to what we were doing and what we were searching for. I know this to be 100% true because, first, I was there and Ms. Knight was not. Secondly, absolute secrecy and "no publicity" was a condition of the "permission" issued by the Village of Amityville under which we were permitted to conduct our search. So this statement that she turned on the news and it was all over the airwaves on the day we discovered it is nothing more than dramatic, shall we say, :) silly dilly :).

For anyone who is interested in the blow by blow as to what happened --- we, as a team, all agreed on absolute secrecy of the find after the SCPD left with the gun. We wanted a few days to collect our thoughts before we issued any form of a statement and we collectively agreed to the following week. We left the site of Coles Avenue around 5p that day, Jan. 19th, 2012, and I went back to my hotel. At around 6-7ish, Bill Pfeiffer called me and said he had been contacted by Newsday. Apparently, word travels fast. So over the course of Thursday and Friday we both spoke with the Newsday reporter and gave our account. The story did not break until around 10p - midnight on Friday evening January 20th. AND, it was NEVER on the news until late February when CBS2 did their nearly 5-minute long exclusive on the story.

If you're going to use my name, get the facts right, Ms. Knight.
för 6 timmar sedan · Gilla · 1
SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS Furthermore, her statement about how she "tried for days" to get ahold of me is ridiculous. For those of you on the page, most of you guys would likely agree I am about as public as a Walgreens and anyone who wants to get ahold of me can likely do so through this page or via our website. Even as busy as I am these days, someone is still keeping an eye on the page at all times. Again, I am calling ":) silly dilly :)."

I just thought I would share the information about this book before anyone else brought it to my attention. (And thanks to those who did!)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 am

I guess he's indirectly thanking us then :)

SHATTERED HOPES: THE TRUE STORY OF THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS wrote:I'm going to be sending a letter to the publisher tomorrow.

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 am

Maybe he'll sue...
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 am

I think this is going to get good! :dance:

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:17 am

What we have here is one BS artist calling another BS artist a liar.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 am

He should be thanking her for not destroying his second gun claims and instead adopting it as correct. If she had even the most remote level of competence she would have completely demolished his nonsense.

1) Once again the gun he found could only be chambered in one of the following: .22 rimfire, .38 S&W, .32 S&W. None of these calibers are even remotely the same as .38 special which is the caliber of bullet he insists item 33 is. He simply drops the suffixes and uses .38 caliber simply to conceal the fact the gun he found can't have fired a .38 special round. He did this intentionally and thus deleted all my posts on his facebook page and banned me from reposting them because he had no way to refute the point that .38 S&W and .38 special are different.

2) Moreover, his entire theory about item 33 having to be a different caliber makes no sense. His theory is that item 33 before it was fired was larger and heavier than the other 7 bullets. What evidence leads to this conclusion and what ballistic experts did he cite? None.

3) Even if item 33 were a larger, heavier round than a .35 rifle round, his theory that it had to be a .38 special round cited no ballistic authorities and indeed makes no sense. A .38 special round is ever so slightly fatter in diameter but shorter and lighter than .35 rifle rounds. The logical assumption is that the only rounds heavier and larger than a standard .35 rifle round are rifle rounds including spcialized .35 rifle ammo. His assumption that pistol rounds would be larger shows a complete lack of knowledge about firearms.

The only .38 special rounds of the same weight (200 grain) were unjacketed and they didn't have factory made .38 special rounds that were heavier than 200 grain. Even these equal rounds were considered antiquated and they stopped making them. The high weight resulted in less velocity and these lesser velocity rounds had penetration issues. Their main value was at crushing bone not damaging tissue. High velocity jacketed bullets struck all the DeFeos including Louise. The incontroverted evidence is that item 33 was a jacketed bullet. So even if it were a fact that item 33 was equal in weight to the rest but a different diameter (thus a different round) it would be impossible for that round to be .38 special because it was jacketed and .38 special rounds of 200 grain were not jacketed.

4) Ryan looked at DellaPenna's notes but completely ignored his professional assessments including those he stated at trial regarding item 33. Ryan ignored them suggesting they were wrong based on his false theory that it had to be bigger than the rest and thus had to be .38 special. DellaPenna- A) item 33 was a jacketed round; B) it was part of a .35 Marlin round manufactured by Winchester; C) the impressions on the round indicate it was fired by a 336C Marlin rifle.

5) Ryan ignored that 8 .35 rifle rounds were definitely fired. Ron collected the spent shells and when done he had collected 8 of them. He then disposed of them in the sewer with the other evidence he tossed. All 8 of them were recovered from the sewer. All 8 had extraction marks and fire pin impressions tying them as having been fired by Ron's 336C Marlin. That means Ron's Marlin definitely fired 8 rounds. In order for the second gun theory to hold even an ounce of water there would have to have been 9 shots fired. There would have to be either another rifle wound in one of the victims that the coroner missed or a rifle round that missed one of the victims and lodged in a wall or floor instead. There is no evidence of either. A .35 rifle round leaves a substantial hole in a wall or floor. High Hopes has a good photo of the hole made in the floor of the Hicks house. The notion such a hole was never found by police or subseqent owners is absurd. The notion the coroner missed it would require proof not unsubtantiated supposition. The only other possiiblity would be that police planted the 8th shell. But the 8th shell was catalogged right away at the sewer scene and photos taken there of it at that time. That would require a grand conspiracy. A) How would police know so early on they needed to plant it? The bullets had not yet been examined so how could police know one and just one bullet was different so they needed to add 1 extra spent shell? B) This conspiracy theory assumes police took the rifle, fired a round and then had an extra spent shell to plant. They had not even recovered the rifle yet so how could they get an extra spent shell to plant at the sewer scene? C) Why would they need to plant it even if 1 bullet was different? It would be fully possible for DeFeo to have used 2 weapons an additional weapon doesn't prove there had to be someone else also involved. Moreover even if there were someone else involved that would not make DeFeo any less guilty for all the deaths. In fact it creates another crime- conspiracy to commit murder and all would have joint liability for all murders regardless of who fired the shots.

At the end of the day nothing about Ryan's police conspiracy BS holds an ounce of water.

If Malone had the remotest competence she would have destroyed his nonsense instead of adopting it. He should get on his knees and thank her for being such a moron.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Check out her facebook page, Carol Malone (London night). Read her post that she posted 21 hours ago. She is one scary woman. :shock:

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:34 pm

kathyM wrote:Check out her facebook page, Carol Malone (London night). Read her post that she posted 21 hours ago. She is one scary woman. :shock:
Only friends can comment apparently of I would have done so. Just in case she ever visits this site here is what I would have wrotten:

First of all someone smart would not open their trap at all they act in silence and can keep a secret. You are the type where you would have to brag and give yourself away. Moreover, you are not nearly as bright as you think. Your supposed analytical skills and forensic skills are pathetic. You just copy from others and can't even do that very well. You get various details wrong and fail to question claims they made that you should if you were even barely competent. I seriously doubt you could kill someone without leaving a substantial evidence trail. In factm if you did try to kill someone you might end up being the one killed. There are talkers and then there are doers. You are clearly a talker, not one capable of walking the walk. Go ahead now and threaten me. I have received so many death threats in my life already from much more scary people than you. So another rant in that vein will mean very little.

By the way you stole the ideas you posted. I had a T-shirt while in high school which read, "some people are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them" I was told never to wear it again to school and told I should learn a lesson from some dork wearing a smiley face shirt. I didn't cry or complain I simply said ok. The next day I wore one which had a shot smiley face. The back of my shirt even showed the exit wound. That's how someone clever acts not ranting like a buffoon.

I sure hope it was something I wrote that got under your skin though, I love helping to prompt morons to open their mouths and "remove all doubt".

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:08 pm

The woman has a hearse! She spells it hurse but wow a hearse! Who would want to drive around in a hearse? Well, unless you are dead. She also says her house used to be an insane asylum. Creepy.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:35 pm

kathyM wrote:The woman has a hearse! She spells it hurse but wow a hearse! Who would want to drive around in a hearse? Well, unless you are dead. She also says her house used to be an insane asylum. Creepy.
The Munster's hearse was cool but then again they turned it into a hotrod.

scipio-USMC
Amityville Maniac

Post by scipio-USMC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Get ready for some fireworks, :twisted: I posted on her London website.

https://www.facebook.com/events/115611691937363/