Remake house for sale

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 am

“The Amityville Horror” House Hits Market for $1.9 Million

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/690 ... illion.htm
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Remake house for sale

Postby Vlad » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:26 am

I didn't even think that eyesore was an actual house. I thought they just built some sort of facade exterior shots, and did all the interiors on sets.
Vlad
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:37 am

It was an actual house that was abandoned for years. The paint chips you saw in the interior in the movie, I think was the actual house. They actually want $1.7 million for this house. Are they serious or delirious or both?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby BionicRose90 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Gotta love how this remake house looked absolutely nothing at all like the real house. At least the one in the original 1979 movie looked closer to the actual DeFeo house. This one was...meh.
BionicRose90
Amityville Member

Postby Amity108 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I did read somewhere that most interior shots were inside the house. I don't think it is worth that much at all especially being way out there in cheeseland Wisconsin. It's a nice looking house and on the water but not very desirable IMHO.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!
Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Postby antny000 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:15 am

It's a really nice looking house, but without the facade they added for the movie, it doesn't hold any interest for me other than just being a nice house for sale.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Yeah, I would much rather have the real Amityville House. It is so nice inside.
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 am

Anyone want to get there today..?

Sale at ‘Amityville Horror’ house draws crowds
Estate sale brings the curious

SALEM LAKES — For $300 each, you can purchase the iconic “eye” windows used to transform Oakwood Manor in the former village of Silver Lake into the Amityville Horror house for the 2005 movie remake. They are among the items at the estate sale.

Mark Kramer, of Trevor, said he didn’t plan to buy anything.

“I’m just a fan of B movies,” Kramer said. “I plan to watch the movie again this weekend to see if I can pick out some of the things I saw.”

Nancy and George Wohlford said people have come to the door wanting to see the property where the movie was filmed. The production house spent about $60,000 to fit part of the house with a fake facade. It has since been returned to its original beauty.

“We have people stopping out here all the time wanting to see the house,” Nancy said.

The bed in which actor Ryan Reynolds shot a scene is for sale for $70 — though not clearly marked as such. The sale continues from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Windows used in the 2005 remake of the Amityville Horror are among the items for sale at an estate sale taking place this weekend at the property used in the film. The property, 27618 Silver Lake Road, is for sale.

A dresser that was used in the 2005 movie Amityville Horror was among the things at a rummage sale at the house used in the film.

People peruse items for sale at the house that was used in the 2005 Amityville Horror film. Some of the items for sale were used in the film.

More pics at:
https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/sale_a ... 924990.php
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Sun May 07, 2017 9:51 am

Darn! Missed that! Love a good rummage sale. :)
kathyM
Princess

Postby Brendan72 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:36 am

One person's trash is another's treasure as the saying goes. I like watching American Pickers when I get the chance (and Aussie Pickers). They come across some good antiquities, rare things which surprisingly have quite a bit of value.

In this case I am not sure whether a quarter-moon window used as a prop for a crappy remake of a classic horror movie would be worth much, say in comparison to the windows used in the original movie house. Or compared to the ACTUAL house. But I do digress ...
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby kathyM » Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Would love to have those original windows. :love:
kathyM
Princess

Postby Amity Windows » Mon May 15, 2017 12:59 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:“The Amityville Horror” House Hits Market for $1.9 Million

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/690 ... illion.htm

I have been inside the house and it is absolutely beautiful. The house is actually a mansion and is historic. It includes 4 large lots which are lakefront lots. It includes a bowling alley, guest houses, a boathouse, and other buildings. The house is still owned by the same family who have owned it for over 100 years and 4 generations. It was once home to the Jefferson Ice Company, who supplied ice to Milwaukee and Chicago. The family arn't big fans of what the movie did to the reputation of their beloved home of 4 generations. They put no special value on the items from the movie. They sold an antique bed Ryan Reynolds was filmed in for $70.00. Here is a link to photos of the house and property. Please take a second to look at the house people on here are talking about:

http://www.cultofweird.com/film/wiscons ... ror-house/

They had an estate sale there last week and I was able to purchase the quarter-round windows from the movie!

I have nothing bad to say about any of the houses or movies. They are part of our history and culture. The original crime is a horrible act committed by a spoiled brat drug addict, and I believe his drug addict sister. They were products of an abusive monster of a father who compensated for his abuse with financial spoiling. Neighbors and friends all say that life for those children was a roller coaster of abuse and being financially spoiled.

We all have our opinions and it is my opinion that the 2005 remake was a good movie. It wasn't exactly the same as the others, but why would we want it to be? People say they strayed from the facts, but nothing the Lutz family said is proven to be "fact."
Why would we want all the movies to be exactly the same? What would the point of seeing the exact same movie be? They breathed new life into a piece of pop culture and presented it to a new generation. The story lives on.

We are all fascinated by things we can't understand and mysteries that are not fully solved! It is human nature.
I was fortunate enough to attend an estate sale at the Wisconsin mansion where they filmed the 2005 Amityville Horror movie. The iconic "eye" quarter-round windows were still in the attic and I bought them!
Amity Windows
Amityville Member

Postby Amity Windows » Mon May 15, 2017 11:09 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Anyone want to get there today..?

Sale at ‘Amityville Horror’ house draws crowds
Estate sale brings the curious

SALEM LAKES — For $300 each, you can purchase the iconic “eye” windows used to transform Oakwood Manor in the former village of Silver Lake into the Amityville Horror house for the 2005 movie remake. They are among the items at the estate sale.

Mark Kramer, of Trevor, said he didn’t plan to buy anything.

“I’m just a fan of B movies,” Kramer said. “I plan to watch the movie again this weekend to see if I can pick out some of the things I saw.”

Nancy and George Wohlford said people have come to the door wanting to see the property where the movie was filmed. The production house spent about $60,000 to fit part of the house with a fake facade. It has since been returned to its original beauty.

“We have people stopping out here all the time wanting to see the house,” Nancy said.

The bed in which actor Ryan Reynolds shot a scene is for sale for $70 — though not clearly marked as such. The sale continues from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Windows used in the 2005 remake of the Amityville Horror are among the items for sale at an estate sale taking place this weekend at the property used in the film. The property, 27618 Silver Lake Road, is for sale.

A dresser that was used in the 2005 movie Amityville Horror was among the things at a rummage sale at the house used in the film.

People peruse items for sale at the house that was used in the 2005 Amityville Horror film. Some of the items for sale were used in the film.

More pics at:
https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/sale_a ... 924990.php

I did make it to the sale and it was amazing! I ended up buying the two pillars you can see on the ground in the photo of people shopping in the lawn. I bought my niece the 2 person wooden outdoor bench seen near the pillars, I also got her a chair and table. I was lucky enough to get the two iconic quarter-moon windows that were still stashed away in the attic. I didn't think they would be as big as they were! They are about 6ft tall when you include the height of the wall sections they are in. They have the wood siding with peeling movie paint on the outside. On the inside they have the movie wallpaper and are really in nice condition. There are no cracks in the glass. I ended up taking up way more space in my house than I had anticipated, so the two pillars are for sale now.

Did anyone else here make it to the sale?
I was fortunate enough to attend an estate sale at the Wisconsin mansion where they filmed the 2005 Amityville Horror movie. The iconic "eye" quarter-round windows were still in the attic and I bought them!
Amity Windows
Amityville Member

Postby Amit Y Ville » Tue May 16, 2017 3:31 pm

They should have pt that stuff online, I live in UK and never had the chance to buy anything.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby antny000 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:55 pm

There have been a few items on Ebay over the years from the film - I would keep an eye out there. A few things I have seen are the promotional snow globe with "blood" snow and the house, which lights up inside the globe. I've seen foam models of the house that were built as visual concepts before they did the facade they built onto the actual house... I've seen some wardrobe items and I'm pretty sure the radio alarm clock that Ronnie has in the opening scene and George has later in the movie.
antny000
Amityville Addict

Postby Amity Windows » Thu May 18, 2017 12:28 pm

antny000 wrote:There have been a few items on Ebay over the years from the film - I would keep an eye out there. A few things I have seen are the promotional snow globe with "blood" snow and the house, which lights up inside the globe. I've seen foam models of the house that were built as visual concepts before they did the facade they built onto the actual house... I've seen some wardrobe items and I'm pretty sure the radio alarm clock that Ronnie has in the opening scene and George has later in the movie.

The Etch A Sketch is on Ebay now, along with the Fridge magnets.
Amity Windows
Amityville Member

Postby Amity Windows » Thu May 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:They should have pt that stuff online, I live in UK and never had the chance to buy anything.

There are items on Ebay right now.
Amity Windows
Amityville Member

Postby antny000 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:04 pm

I saw those - pretty damn expensive if you ask me. The movie wasn't THAT good and I don't like it enough to pay that much for things like that.

The fridge magnets would be cool, but not for that price lol
antny000
Amityville Addict

Return to Amityville Discussion