Spend the night in Amityville...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Re: Spend the night in Amityville...

Post by Victor_Pascow » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:02 am

Love this so much! Just wish I had money to burn to see if completed. Would be amazing to see this on VR!

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Really looks top notch... A labour of love
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

A Kickstarter would be perfect for this game.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

LoverKoalas23 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm
The problem with kickstarter is it would need a demo,a demo set in the house would sort of give away a huge chunk of the game also of course. Kickstarter these days is so hit and miss with what makes it and what doesn't and you need to be realistic about the goal you set to cover development. That's why I'd be hesitant to take any money from it that way - I would hate to fail delivering it or delivering something I wasn't happy with.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Crash wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm
LoverKoalas23 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm
The problem with kickstarter is it would need a demo,a demo set in the house would sort of give away a huge chunk of the game also of course. Kickstarter these days is so hit and miss with what makes it and what doesn't and you need to be realistic about the goal you set to cover development. That's why I'd be hesitant to take any money from it that way - I would hate to fail delivering it or delivering something I wasn't happy with.
You don't need a demo to make a Kickstarter. Look at Last Year, the Kickstarter of that game had only one gameplay of 4 minutes and it was a total success. Besides you don't really need to stress at the idea, if you make a Kickstarter and you put a release date as example and you don't have the game ready when the date cames you can delay the game and put a trailer to hype people, there is a game called Visage, I don't know if you know it but the first gameplay for the Kickstarter of that game came out back in 2015 and the early access which contain only one chapter of the game came out in October 2018. You just don't need to stress yourself about the Kickstarter, if you do it and you have to delay or something then delay it, nobody wants a bad game.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

I remember the Visage kickstarter but not the 'Lat year' one,your right about the long gameplay trailer.
Will maybe have to look into it more and see what the kickstarter goals have been and what mine would be. I think the audience is a little small though so a longer gameplay trailer would be a must,then I guess it would be down to luck to an extent that it finds a bigger audience.

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Crash wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm
I remember the Visage kickstarter but not the 'Lat year' one,your right about the long gameplay trailer.
Will maybe have to look into it more and see what the kickstarter goals have been and what mine would be. I think the audience is a little small though so a longer gameplay trailer would be a must,then I guess it would be down to luck to an extent that it finds a bigger audience.
Last Year The Nightmare, you know the asymmetrical horror game set in a high school? That game released only one gameplay of 4 minutes and attracted a massive amount of people. I think you should release a gameplay trailer like Visage did but not directly in the Kickstarter, try to release it on Youtube and post it on Reddit, Facebook and some gaming forums so people can notice about it. Im pretty sure just with the name "Amityville" tons of peope will want to help you with money, especially since the house and his story are very famous (I mean, it has a book and tons of movies, hell, it even appeared on The Conjuring 2 and not too long ago there was another Amityville house movie made)

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:48 pm

Wow dude I just had a weird dream about this game lol, how is the development going? I know you don't usually post a lot of updates but since you said things have been a little complicated and with the lack of updates is kinda worrying. Hope everything is going good.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 pm

It's about time..for an update. Been a long while but I'm progressing again,updated engine and whole new control,interaction set in place. Last few days have been updating all that and added the first few puzzles into the game plus tons of little extras. Would love to continue at this rate but not sure if it will but it's not abandoned yet.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:38 pm

Crowd fund please. I'm willing to put in some money to get this released.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:38 pm
Crowd fund please. I'm willing to put in some money to get this released.
Just as long as it does not interfere with your plans to buy the house.

Of course you also told us that you were leaving the board too! Doesn't look like you're a man of your word.

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Crash wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 pm
It's about time..for an update. Been a long while but I'm progressing again,updated engine and whole new control,interaction set in place. Last few days have been updating all that and added the first few puzzles into the game plus tons of little extras. Would love to continue at this rate but not sure if it will but it's not abandoned yet.

Please dude, do a Kickstarter if you see it's getting too hard to continue the development.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:07 pm

LoverKoalas23 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:26 pm
Crash wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:07 pm

Please dude, do a Kickstarter if you see it's getting too hard to continue the development.
100% makes sense.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Hopefully since things are coming together a bit I can look my options,like a video demo and get a better idea how long it would take to put together. Been working on more mechanics and few other bits this week,quick .gif attached -

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:37 pm

If they turned the house into an Air BNB then I imagine it would be booked solid for months.
- Brendan72

"Facts don't care for your feelings."
- Ben Shapiro

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Crash wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Hopefully since things are coming together a bit I can look my options,like a video demo and get a better idea how long it would take to put together. Been working on more mechanics and few other bits this week,quick .gif attached -

Like I said before, if you don't want to start a Kickstarter now it's fine but you should release a video on Youtube with gameplay, something like Visage did, just to brought some attention. And also you should do a page for the game explaining mechanics and stuff, who knows, maybe that way you will order your ideas and see what should be in the game and what not.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:55 am

I'm going to take another look at kickstarter today and some demo's to get an idea of the quality / expectation.
Below is a tiny test sequence,was working on fly particles the other day and adding them in.

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 am

Crash wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:55 am
I'm going to take another look at kickstarter today and some demo's to get an idea of the quality / expectation.
Below is a tiny test sequence,was working on fly particles the other day and adding them in.

That looks amazing! I love the synth 80s soundtrack! Just got one question, is the vhs effect gonna be in the game all the time? It looks a little blurry. I don't think you should release a demo video with that effect.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am

I totally agree with you about the blur,for a whole game it's too much. It's not going to be as severe as that,the earlier .gifs show i closer to what I think it will be (I change it a lot).

Another day another test -

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:42 pm

You could use that effect as a gameplay mechanic instead of being just there. I don't know if you changed your mind about the player putting cameras around the house,but if you didn't you could use it. If a ghost is close the camera would get blurry (like in the gif) and stuff could happen while you can't see in that camera. Or, if you changed your mind you could just use it as a warning that a ghost is close or you are in danger. In normal gameplay you could just remove it, I think you did a perfect job creating the atmosphere and choosing the color palette but that effect kinda ruins it. As I said, you could use it as a warning that you are in danger, but being there permanently would kinda ruin the atmosphere. Also, loving the effects like the walls with blood or the thunderstorm, keep up that good work! Im really waiting to see a demo video to see more of the house in-depth and how the gameplay would work.

Crash
Amityville Addict

Post by Crash » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:29 am

Thanks for the feedback as always I appreciative it. I'm still going to add the place-able cameras,have them working currently but they need some adjusting and need to model some old camera monitors. Still working on figuring out more mechanics for the game (worried I don't have anything unique enough), I have a pretty clear idea of the first hour of gameplay at least and I think it's solid but looking to add another mechanic of some sort.

I've also been doing research the last few days into kickstarter and comparing similar projects,game length etc.