House for sell 2016

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
horsysauce
Amityville Member

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by horsysauce » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:16 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:No, such an outrageous article we'd keep up - but seems only you have seen it.
Actually I got it from jimmysmokes but I cannot understand how you didn't know of it? Also, I'm wondering how you haven't seen that piece he wrote about you and this page on another well known Amityville site?

Maybe you have but didn't want to spread it? Ha!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:19 am

horsysauce wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:No, such an outrageous article we'd keep up - but seems only you have seen it.
Actually I got it from jimmysmokes but I cannot understand how you didn't know of it?
Why was Jimmysmokes hoarding it?

I'm sure I would have remembered Wilson scraping dead dogs off his carpet! :shock:
Also, I'm wondering how you haven't seen that piece he wrote about you and this page on another well known Amityville site?
Maybe I haven't been there. What's the site?

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:50 am

DC Fan wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:Found it, or something similar, what can I say. I am a research god ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20110822222 ... es-at.html

Although the story looks extremely fake to me, who knows.
This makes me wonder about a few things and maybe someone who knows more can enlighten us.

Can Freedom of Information requests even be used to obtain 911 tapes or police reports that might invade the privacy of another person? Where I live there is a whole bunch of stuff that you can only get if it is about you. I tried a few years ago to get a marriage certificate of my grandparents for genealogical research and could not get it even though they have been dead for decades.

Is it not known that Brian Wilson was the legal owner who sold the house to the D'Antonios?

At any rate I doubt this has any validity.
New York
NY County Law § 308(4)
4. Records, in whatever form they may be kept, of calls made to a municipality's E911 system shall not be made available to or obtained by any entity or person, other than that municipality' public safety agency, another government agency or body, or a private entity or a person providing medical, ambulance or other emergency services, and shall not be utilized for any commercial purpose other than the provision of emergency services.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:00 am

Amityville Rock wrote:Found it, or something similar, what can I say. I am a research god ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20110822222 ... es-at.html

Although the story looks extremely fake to me, who knows.
Yes. Super fake and a bit ridiculous, which was probably why it was deleted. Some people seem to love fabricating bizarre tales and trying to pass them off as legitimate events (even if no profit is to be made). This happens frequently on the Reddit Paranormal site - so much fiction that it is hard to take anything as truth. The moderators try hard to weed out the obviously faked stories. I wonder if George Lutz was around to post to Reddit, would the mods move his story to No Sleep (or ban him)?

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:45 am

I remember that story going around.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:49 am

The house is off the market now, sale pending. Wonder who the new owners will be.

Ridewithme38
Amityville Member

Post by Ridewithme38 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:37 pm

kathyM wrote:The house is off the market now, sale pending. Wonder who the new owners will be.
Jeep and a Pickup in the driveway this morning. Should i bring over a basket of muffins to 'welcome' them to the neighborhood? lol, just kidding, this is Long Island, we don't do that here!

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:57 pm

kathyM wrote:The house is off the market now, sale pending. Wonder who the new owners will be.
Zillow just notes "listing removed" - not sold. Are listings typically removed prior to sale closure? I've never been in the market (housing prices here are crazy), so am not sure how things work.

At least the listing wasn't removed on the anniversary of the DeFeo murders (11/13)- instead, removed the day *after*.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Ridewithme38 wrote:
Jeep and a Pickup in the driveway this morning. Should i bring over a basket of muffins to 'welcome' them to the neighborhood? lol, just kidding, this is Long Island, we don't do that here!
RWM38, you are our only hope (of ever getting a current glimpse inside the house). For sure put together a welcome basket: fly swatters, No Trespassing signs, security lights, extra locks for the boat house door, can of red paint (for sure it needs a new coating by now), and a card from all of us.

I am curious who moved in! I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 pm

They take it off the market when someone has submitted an offer pending all the paperwork nobody else can buy it during this time.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:56 am

Ridewithme38 wrote:

Bring a case of beer like the guy did in the movie.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:01 am

:clap: :lol: :dance:

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:25 pm

The listing was taken down the day after the anniversary of the murders? Could mean the house sold (closing date?) on the anniversary.. that's potentially quite weird

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:The listing was taken down the day after the anniversary of the murders? Could mean the house sold (closing date?) on the anniversary.. that's potentially quite weird
Potentially. Most likely a weird coincidence.

However, if they move in on December 18th...well...that might out them as weirdos.

crybabymartinez
Amityville Member

Post by crybabymartinez » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:02 pm

One day, when the house goes back on sale, me and my girlfriend promised to buy the house so hopefully y'all will soon see me there! :love:
GET OUT FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:10 pm

crybabymartinez wrote:One day, when the house goes back on sale, me and my girlfriend promised to buy the house so hopefully y'all will soon see me there! :love:
Do you have approx $30k a year to put out for property tax alone? Hell, turn it into a bed and breakfast and you'd make it back in a month

crybabymartinez
Amityville Member

Post by crybabymartinez » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:03 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
crybabymartinez wrote:One day, when the house goes back on sale, me and my girlfriend promised to buy the house so hopefully y'all will soon see me there! :love:
Do you have approx $30k a year to put out for property tax alone? Hell, turn it into a bed and breakfast and you'd make it back in a month
Hell, that'd be awesome to do! I just think I'd find it strange to see a random bed and breakfast hotel in the middle of a neighborhood! But I think thats a perfect Idea considering how famous it is..
GET OUT FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:29 am

The house was sold in November to an undisclosed buyer and the sale price was not announced either.
http://pix11.com/2016/11/18/fearless-pe ... ror-house/

My husband and I went by the house this weekend after spending New Year's at my mother's house. There two cars in the driveway, the fence was still up, and their was a huge sign in the front yard that said "Private property".

Anarane
Amityville Member

Post by Anarane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Good grief, that accompanying video is fantastic. Haha!

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:The house was sold in November to an undisclosed buyer and the sale price was not announced either.
http://pix11.com/2016/11/18/fearless-pe ... ror-house/

My husband and I went by the house this weekend after spending New Year's at my mother's house. There two cars in the driveway, the fence was still up, and their was a huge sign in the front yard that said "Private property".
I keep checking the Zillow site periodically for more info - still states "listing removed" and hasn't been updated to "sold." Probably still in closing process (takes 50-60 days on average). Maybe the cars in the driveway are more of a deterrent for people wanting to look inside the windows?

I want to respect the privacy of the new owners/occupants but part of me is super curious about who bought the house. Or at least if they have any interest in the history of the home. Are they locals? Paranormal hobbyists? Historians? None of the above?

Ridewithme38
Amityville Member

Post by Ridewithme38 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:00 am

I haven't noticed any changes in cars or any moving trucks