House for sell 2016

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:46 am

rohralan wrote:I'm raising money for Amityville Horror House. Click to Donate: https://gofund.me/2b22f5w?pc=tw_cr_n via @gofundme
Only $700k needed, lol. I've seen weirder things funded on GoFundMe, though, often to much success.

I'm sure there will be a stipulation in the ownership contract that the house cannot be used for income-deriving purposes. Or you'd have issues with zoning laws - property can't be a B&B because it's not in a commercial zone. HOWEVER, I wish you luck! It would just be so freaking cool to spend the night, or even an hour there.

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 153

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by Crash » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 am

Amityville horror 'Airbnb' / couchsurfing. Anyone with 700k could find a way around any contract.
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 am

Crash wrote:Amityville horror 'Airbnb' / couchsurfing. Anyone with 700k could find a way around any contract.
Perhaps, but I can imagine neighbors screaming at the new owner/Airbnb host/overnighters to GET OUT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQseahtPVAA

User avatar
DC Fan
Amityville Addict
Posts: 344

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by DC Fan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:43 am

underthegarden wrote:
rohralan wrote:I'm raising money for Amityville Horror House. Click to Donate: https://gofund.me/2b22f5w?pc=tw_cr_n via @gofundme
Only $700k needed, lol. I've seen weirder things funded on GoFundMe, though, often to much success.

I'm sure there will be a stipulation in the ownership contract that the house cannot be used for income-deriving purposes. Or you'd have issues with zoning laws - property can't be a B&B because it's not in a commercial zone. HOWEVER, I wish you luck! It would just be so freaking cool to spend the night, or even an hour there.
In addition to these concerns about whether it would even be allowed to be turned into a commercial venture, I would also want to be a stockholder instead of a donor.

It would be even more cool to raise more money and redo the house to its DeFeo era look with the quarter-moon windows, dark blue siding and 6 bedroom configuration.

It might be easier to just build a B & B elsewhere that is a replica of the DeFeo house.

That being said, I also played with this pipe dream of turning it into a bed and breakfast when it was up for sale last time. It certainly is a cool idea.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 2916

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:10 am

rohralan wrote:I'm raising money for Amityville Horror House. Click to Donate: https://gofund.me/2b22f5w?pc=tw_cr_n via @gofundme

1. The house is in a neighborhood that is not zoned for commercial purposes.
2. You would never get the go-ahead to turn it into a Bed and Breakfast.
3. Are you going to have a Go Fund Me to pay the taxes and the expenses every year?

User avatar
msammons
Amityville Addict
Posts: 298
Location: USA
Contact:

House for sale again

Post by msammons » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:10 am

The house is for sale again. Here's a link to the Zillow site.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-O ... 6605_zpid/

No pics of the interior.
Mary
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/spooks/

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict
Posts: 655
Location: In love

Re: House for sale again

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Beautiful! I love it. Wish I had the $850,000!

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sale again

Post by underthegarden » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Yes, and it still hasn't sold! Listed on 6/3, so it has been on the market for 76 days (national average time on market is 49 days). Wonder if there have been many/any bids? Wonder if they'll drop the price if it doesn't sell by Labor Day?

Or, perhaps it is time to put up interior photos (to generate more interest from non-Amityville story obsessed buyers) or perhaps ease up on all the hoops they make interested buyers jump through.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict
Posts: 655
Location: In love

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:20 am

Well the market isn't good for real estate right now, so I'm not surprised. The economy isn't good either, and I find the job market is tough.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:32 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:Well the market isn't good for real estate right now, so I'm not surprised. The economy isn't good either, and I find the job market is tough.
I live in an area where the real estate market is absolutely bonkers. Too many overpaid tech workers, not enough housing. If the Amityville house could be relocated to my neighborhood, there would be crazy bidding wars and people offering cash. I can imagine this house going for well over $1.5M. I'm sure there's no chance of this house being transported to the West Coast, but I do think it would sell in days out here. If not hours. My family and most of my friends have been totally priced out of this crazy market and there's no end in sight. $850K would be considered a bargain price out here, believe it or not. Sigh.

Other houses in the same zip code (and on the water) as this house have gone for much less, so the buyer would definitely need to be willing to pay more for the historic aspect of the house. At the same time, the buyer would need to deal with people driving by at 3 a.m. and yelling stuff out the windows. That probably doesn't appeal to people who have young kids. So basically your market is: wealthy people without kids who have a historical interest in the house but who aren't paranormal field celebrities and who don't intend to exploit the house. It's a pretty limited market.

Ridewithme38
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by Ridewithme38 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:40 am

underthegarden wrote:
Brooke Forrester wrote: So basically your market is: wealthy people without kids who have a historical interest in the house but who aren't paranormal field celebrities and who don't intend to exploit the house. It's a pretty limited market.
The previous owner was a member of the Amityville Historical society, so i think you're right with that guess. The house next door is also for sale but, for significantly more money and has been on the market a LONG time. The two houses on Ocean close to this one, that have sold recently have been hundreds of thousands of dollars less then the $850,000 requested for this one.

Unless they drop the price, i'd say into the $500's, this house will stay on the market a LONG time.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Ridewithme38 wrote:
underthegarden wrote:
Brooke Forrester wrote: So basically your market is: wealthy people without kids who have a historical interest in the house but who aren't paranormal field celebrities and who don't intend to exploit the house. It's a pretty limited market.
The previous owner was a member of the Amityville Historical society, so i think you're right with that guess. The house next door is also for sale but, for significantly more money and has been on the market a LONG time. The two houses on Ocean close to this one, that have sold recently have been hundreds of thousands of dollars less then the $850,000 requested for this one.

Unless they drop the price, i'd say into the $500's, this house will stay on the market a LONG time.
I was sort of expecting the price to drop over Labor Day weekend, but it's still at $850K. They still haven't added any interior shots to the listing page. What is the big mystery? I'm assuming all the furniture has been moved out and the walls painted. Why would they omit interior photos, so weird.

I know when the house first came on the market, there were articles stating there were numerous interested buyers. They seem to have disappeared, which makes me think their bids were too low.

I Googled that property nearby - the 120 Ocean Avenue property - and can't believe it's on the market for so much. Then again, it's 5000 square feet, so that's 1,400 square feet more than 108 Ocean. Plus a carriage house AND boat house. Built in 1929, not long after 108 (112), so same era. I'm assuming its on the same ley lines as well, if you are into that sort of thing.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 am

Just noticed that the price for the house next door (larger house at 120 Ocean) dropped 16.6% - was 1.19M, now 999.99K.

According to Trulia, the number 9 helps to signify a good deal. I guess putting a ton of nines in the selling price might move the property?

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 181

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Underthegarden, you mentioned ley lines... what do you think about that in relation to 108?

here's something you might find interesting, look at the lat/longitude coordinates of the house and the number 666... coincidence or?

http://www.djtricities.com/amityville/location.php

henry_kaney
Amityville Member
Posts: 15

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by henry_kaney » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:05 pm

There appears to be some sort of angel statue kneeling TOWARDS the house in this shot. Go see picture #7 under the listings.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-O ... 6605_zpid/

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:57 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Underthegarden, you mentioned ley lines... what do you think about that in relation to 108?

here's something you might find interesting, look at the lat/longitude coordinates of the house and the number 666... coincidence or?

http://www.djtricities.com/amityville/location.php
Honestly, I had never really looked into ley lines until I found a reference to them on this board. I know that the concept of ley lines is generally written off as pseudoscience. However, I do think that certain places have a sort of energy that might cause some visitors or occupants to feel uneasy and/or unwell. Perhaps other visitors feel more perceptive or in tune with natural forces. If you have ever been to Yosemite, you notice how the energy there is off the charts - in addition to raw physical beauty, it has an otherworldliness that basically knocks you socks off. Yosemite is said to be at the intersection of many powerful key lines. It also has many ponds, streams, and waterfalls, which perhaps amplifies that energy.

The Amityville properties are near water. If there were ley lines (no idea if there are), maybe the proximity to water affects their energy (if you believe in that).

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 121
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by underthegarden » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:13 am

henry_kaney wrote:There appears to be some sort of angel statue kneeling TOWARDS the house in this shot. Go see picture #7 under the listings.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/108-O ... 6605_zpid/
Interesting. Does the direction the angel is facing mean anything? I've always found angel statutes to be more creepy than protective, so I am a little biased.

I love how all all the blinds/shades on most of the windows are drawn/closed. In addition to no interior photos, there are no photos where we are offered even a small peek inside. This of course adds to the mystique. Everything is so guarded; to gain a glance, you have to jump through so many hoops. I am kind of surprised there have been no info leaks by prospective buyers. Like an anonymous "I did a walk-through and this is my impression" sort of blog post.

I know my imagination tends to run wilder when it is clear information is being unusually withheld. The lack of interior shots is just bizarre. Maybe the walls need paint? Maybe they don't want people analyzing ever mark and scratch and dent? But still, I can't help but wondering if there is a more curious reason.

User avatar
BNSF18
Amityville Member
Posts: 5

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by BNSF18 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:42 pm

That would be pretty cool to own the house but I'd never live in it (aside from the cost) I'd be too scared of hauntings :lol:

Ridewithme38
Amityville Member
Posts: 24

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by Ridewithme38 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Halloween was a mess. Amityville Police on Ocean and either off duty police or security standing in the driveway of 108 handing out candy.

From what i've been able to tell recently, the house MAY be empty. The home owners cars don't seem to be coming and going anymore.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 181

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am

Ridewithme38 wrote:Halloween was a mess. Amityville Police on Ocean and either off duty police or security standing in the driveway of 108 handing out candy.

From what i've been able to tell recently, the house MAY be empty. The home owners cars don't seem to be coming and going anymore.

Wow that is interesting. Please keep us up to date on things there

Would you stay in the house for onenight if you could? I'm certain paranormal activity still goes on in that house, I've heard a local say before on this forum they would hear banging/weird music/arguing voices coming from the house at night when it was empty.... who knows

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac
Posts: 2916

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:48 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:
Ridewithme38 wrote:Halloween was a mess. Amityville Police on Ocean and either off duty police or security standing in the driveway of 108 handing out candy.

From what i've been able to tell recently, the house MAY be empty. The home owners cars don't seem to be coming and going anymore.

Wow that is interesting. Please keep us up to date on things there

Would you stay in the house for onenight if you could? I'm certain paranormal activity still goes on in that house, I've heard a local say before on this forum they would hear banging/weird music/arguing voices coming from the house at night when it was empty.... who knows

If they hear the voices, then why don't they get a recording of it?

I also heard a local say the world is flat.

Post Reply