House for sell 2016

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Re: House for sell 2016

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:27 am

yeah, the local who said the world was flat was probably you.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Ridewithme38 wrote:Halloween was a mess. Amityville Police on Ocean and either off duty police or security standing in the driveway of 108 handing out candy.

From what i've been able to tell recently, the house MAY be empty. The home owners cars don't seem to be coming and going anymore.
House should be empty, unless there is a housesitter or family residing there. David D'Antonio passed away and his wife now lives somewhere else. I think it was vacant even before it was put up for sale.

Makes sense for there to be security outside the house on Halloween evening. I'm sure there would otherwise be kids (and adults) trying to get into the house for whatever reason.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:32 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote: Would you stay in the house for onenight if you could?
Not alone. Maybe not at night, either. I have to admit that the house still frightens me (and I live in a haunted house, or at least a house where lots of unexplainable activity seems to happen). I've never feared being alone in my house at night though. Amityville? Wouldn't go in alone at night. Nope.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:10 pm

I would not live in the house, especially alone. I liken it to living close by a nuclear reactor. Sure you may be okay, but if that sucker melts down say goodbye.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 am

Amityville Rock wrote:I would not live in the house, especially alone. I liken it to living close by a nuclear reactor. Sure you may be okay, but if that sucker melts down say goodbye.
I never understood how Brian Wilson lived there so long (alone). It is such a big house for one person. Even if he entertained a lot, it doesn't make to much sense since it the yard isn't huge. My friend lived in a single level 3 bedroom house by herself for a few years and she ended up moving to a smaller condo: too much house for one person to maintain on a regular basis.

I can understand families or even a social couple like the D'Antonios living there. But solo? To me, that just sounds like too much work, even if you can afford weekly housecleaning and a gardener. Add the Amityville factor in and it seems even stranger. Maybe he only used a few rooms. Maybe he closed off other unused rooms, like my friend did. Wonder if he had pets. I could maybe live there a short period if I had dogs. Who never left my side, lol.

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:13 pm

underthegarden wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:I would not live in the house, especially alone. I liken it to living close by a nuclear reactor. Sure you may be okay, but if that sucker melts down say goodbye.
I never understood how Brian Wilson lived there so long (alone). It is such a big house for one person. Even if he entertained a lot, it doesn't make to much sense since it the yard isn't huge. My friend lived in a single level 3 bedroom house by herself for a few years and she ended up moving to a smaller condo: too much house for one person to maintain on a regular basis.

I can understand families or even a social couple like the D'Antonios living there. But solo? To me, that just sounds like too much work, even if you can afford weekly housecleaning and a gardener. Add the Amityville factor in and it seems even stranger. Maybe he only used a few rooms. Maybe he closed off other unused rooms, like my friend did. Wonder if he had pets. I could maybe live there a short period if I had dogs. Who never left my side, lol.
From what I know, Wilson tried to get out of the house but the demons wouldn't let him leave.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:40 am

horsysauce wrote:
underthegarden wrote:

From what I know, Wilson tried to get out of the house but the demons wouldn't let him leave.
Horsysauce, what did you mean byyour comment? Now you have peaked my curiosity

A psychic I spoke to did remote viewings of the house and said Wilson did rituals in the basement to try and conjure the demon there... that May explain the hole in the wall that spooked the realtors that cold air was coming out of

Do you have any information? Would love to hear

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:14 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:A psychic I spoke to did remote viewings of the house and said Wilson did rituals in the basement to try and conjure the demon there... that May explain the hole in the wall that spooked the realtors that cold air was coming out of
Regarding that so called hole in the wall, it came up for discussion before. One of the links in that thread no longer works but you can still see the Savive blog. It is abundantly clear that it was a realtor ( singular ) and not realtors ( plural ) that were spooked even though that guy was not alone.

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 49#p132049

Maybe the other realtors give an indication of the reliability of the psychics that you consult.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:03 am

It was the female realtor that got spooked...

She had a weird feeling on the upstairs floor like they were being watched and then again in the basement.

Upon discovering the hole, her and other realtors who were in the basement got spooked and they all at the same time rushed out of the house, catching the attention of a news reporter, as Savive's blog states

So no- there was not just one realtor who was in there who was spooked

Anyways, that was a tangent I went on with the hole, but I want to know what horsysauce meant by his comment- if it was serious or meant as a joke.

It is creepy Wilson could live there by himself, every little bump in the night would make me jump. Was he just a hermit or is there something more sinister to the story?
Last edited by OntarioGuy1988 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:14 am

It says in the blog that the female agent Laura had denied any haunting activity. The news report with the link that no longer works had made it clearer that it was James Smith alone making any claims.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:17 am

Horsysauce? Wherefore art thou

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 am

The same thing that happened to the Lutz's seemed to have happened to Wilson. Apparently several times Wilson tried to get out of the house he was blocked by illness or couldn't get the door opened and one time he was knocked out cold by unseen forces for about an hour. I read this article on another site.

Spooky stuff!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:08 am

I wouldn't believe "other sites" ;)

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:28 am

horsysauce wrote:The same thing that happened to the Lutz's seemed to have happened to Wilson. Apparently several times Wilson tried to get out of the house he was blocked by illness or couldn't get the door opened and one time he was knocked out cold by unseen forces for about an hour. I read this article on another site.

Spooky stuff!
Hmmm. Okay, so assuming that the article on the other site has some sort of validity, wouldn't he want to move after being knocked out? He lived there quite a long time (13 years!). Unless it happened right before he sold the house, of course.

Of all the people who've ever lived in the house, he's the biggest mystery to me. That being said, he is the only person (post-Lutz) who has let the public walk through the house (for his yard sale), even if it wasn't to investigate. That was pretty cool.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Anyone have a link for that website? Would like to read it

Maybe it's confusing with Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys :P

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:26 pm

I also would like to read the article in question.

I must admit I find the claims rather dubious. If they were true Mr. Wilson could make a mint, not to mention become a minor celebrity, by going public. Hauntings are all the rage these days.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:23 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:I wouldn't believe "other sites" ;)
I take it you have seen the article!

Did you delete that off here at one time too? ;)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:31 pm

No, such an outrageous article we'd keep up - but seems only you have seen it.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Found it, or something similar, what can I say. I am a research god ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20110822222 ... es-at.html

Although the story looks extremely fake to me, who knows.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:Found it, or something similar, what can I say. I am a research god ;)

This makes me wonder about a few things and maybe someone who knows more can enlighten us.

Can Freedom of Information requests even be used to obtain 911 tapes or police reports that might invade the privacy of another person? Where I live there is a whole bunch of stuff that you can only get if it is about you. I tried a few years ago to get a marriage certificate of my grandparents for genealogical research and could not get it even though they have been dead for decades.

Is it not known that Brian Wilson was the legal owner who sold the house to the D'Antonios?

At any rate I doubt this has any validity.

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:Found it, or something similar, what can I say. I am a research god ;)

Good work man! There is another (longer) version out there but you probably found it by now?

It's probably nonsense but I found it interesting.