Amityville house plank up for grabs

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Amityville house plank up for grabs

Post by underthegarden » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:05 am

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but a paranormal news website called Week in Weird is offering a piece of the old Defeo-Lutz era Amityville house as part of a contest. I'm not sure if the house plank has been authenticated (I'm guessing not). Still, it might interest some people on this board, since none of us can actually afford to buy the house.

See http://weekinweird.com/2016/08/11/the-t ... ool-stuff/

They also have the plank on a live feed display, see http://weekinweird.com/livefeed/ (EVP monitor is next to it, but it didn't go off in the few minutes I watched it).

crabs_jubilee
Amityville Member

Re: Amityville house plank up for grabs

Post by crabs_jubilee » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Pure nuttiness :breakdance: To each his own, I guess...

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:53 am

Whoever wins should sell it on to me, I'm considering making a Amityville sequel in a similar vein of Amityville 4. The film will have a lot of slapstick comedy in the style of Laurel & Hardy, a possessed child gets really clumsy with that piece of old plank.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:16 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Whoever wins should sell it on to me, I'm considering making a Amityville sequel in a similar vein of Amityville 4. The film will have a lot of slapstick comedy in the style of Laurel & Hardy, a possessed child gets really clumsy with that piece of old plank.
LOL. I wish I'd won so I could just give it to you. I didn't want to have photo of myself wearing a tin foil hat online (forever available for future employers to find), so I didn't play. But, had I known your plans for a slapstick Amityville movie, I would maybe have risked future employability for your cause.

I'm also imagining an rebooted episode of Three's Company (old show from the 70s, in case anyone doesn't know) where Jack, Chrissy and Janet play hot potato with the piece of plank. At some point, the landlady comes in to show off her new hat and Jack accidentally tosses it into her hat, where it gets stuck. Weird things start happening - pigs with glowing eyes follow her in the streets, people randomly tell her to get out, and she feels compelled to paint the interior of her bedroom closet red. She hears marching band music coming from tenant's apartments, even when they aren't home. Etc.

daiichi
Amityville Member

Post by daiichi » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Let's suppose that the ghouls and specters were attracted to the house. If so, then wouldn't owning a portion of that tainted house also invite them into your own? Can any paranormal experts advise regarding the personal safety of owning one of these wooden planks please?

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:23 am

Where's the proof it even comes from the house? I wouldn't be too certain of the authenticity.

Imo spirits can move around, so I don't think one would be attached to a piece of wood.

From my understanding, haunted objects tend to be something that was very important to someone, like say a cherished doll, or a negative energy would be in a murder weapon, but I doubt a spirit would be attached just to one piece of wood from a house.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:40 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:Where's the proof it even comes from the house? I wouldn't be too certain of the authenticity.

Imo spirits can move around, so I don't think one would be attached to a piece of wood.

From my understanding, haunted objects tend to be something that was very important to someone, like say a cherished doll, or a negative energy would be in a murder weapon, but I doubt a spirit would be attached just to one piece of wood from a house.
As far as I can tell, there's no proof it is from the house. Someone donated it to a private paranormal museum collection. I imagine a piece of the plank fell off and they decided to have a contest and give it away. There would be no way to authenticate the plank, unless it was donated by a former owner who oversaw the renovations.

They did have a live feed of the plank, along with a K2 meter in the background. The K2 meter rarely moved at all, and when it did, it was a slight blip. I got the sense there was zero paranormal activity linked to the plank (at least none that you can quasi-scientifically measure). They held an EVP session with the plank as well. I missed it since I was on a bus home at the time, but I think one of the EVPs was the word Ronnie. Maybe. You know how EVPS are - other people make words out of jibberish, essentially. Words are what you want to hear.

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:28 am

underthegarden wrote:As far as I can tell, there's no proof it is from the house. Someone donated it to a private paranormal museum collection. I imagine a piece of the plank fell off and they decided to have a contest and give it away. There would be no way to authenticate the plank, unless it was donated by a former owner who oversaw the renovations.

They did have a live feed of the plank, along with a K2 meter in the background. The K2 meter rarely moved at all, and when it did, it was a slight blip. I got the sense there was zero paranormal activity linked to the plank (at least none that you can quasi-scientifically measure). They held an EVP session with the plank as well. I missed it since I was on a bus home at the time, but I think one of the EVPs was the word Ronnie. Maybe. You know how EVPS are - other people make words out of jibberish, essentially. Words are what you want to hear.
You sound like one who believes but is also scared if the average person knows the truth. That does not go over well in any ambition to give an image of (spiritual) strength, in my opinion. That is a statement of generality and not directed solely at this one comment.
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 pm

The plank featured on TV this week -

Occult Museum’s ‘Amityville Horror’ Artifact Featured in ‘Mysteries at the Museum’ Season Premiere

http://weekinweird.com/2017/02/07/occul ... -premiere/

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:40 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:The plank featured on TV this week -

Occult Museum’s ‘Amityville Horror’ Artifact Featured in ‘Mysteries at the Museum’ Season Premiere

http://weekinweird.com/2017/02/07/occul ... -premiere/
I don't have Travel Channel, but read the article. States that plank started independently moving around in its case during a lecture given by someone talking about the Amityville house. Not sure who that someone was - name was not provided, unfortunately. That detail would have been nice. In addition to moving around on its own, overhead lights in lecture space began to swing around. Stopped swinging as soon as lecturer changed topic.

I tend to be skeptical about these sorts of things, especially when details are left out - like where the lecture was, who was lecturing, and lack of any footage/audio, lack of alternative explanations. That being said, who knows. Maybe the plank is haunted. They have it up on live feed now and the meter seems to be moving around, as if it is trying to communicate.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:53 pm

I will buy the plank. How much you asking for it? Can you ship to UK?
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

mariareese
Amityville Member

Post by mariareese » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:24 am

What's the location?

reece86
Amityville Member

Post by reece86 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 am

I heard that someone owns the iconic old windows that were replaced, I would think they would be more haunted than anything lol

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:07 pm

reece86 wrote:I heard that someone owns the iconic old windows that were replaced, I would think they would be more haunted than anything lol
I thought those windows went missing???

reece86
Amityville Member

Post by reece86 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 am

underthegarden wrote:
reece86 wrote:I heard that someone owns the iconic old windows that were replaced, I would think they would be more haunted than anything lol
I thought those windows went missing???
I heard on one of the threads on here that a trades person who removed them also sold them for a pretty high price.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:00 am

So many rumours!

During the making of the Histories Mysteries doc back in 1999, they heard the O'Neil's kept them after having them replaced (and presumably taking them with them)

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:So many rumours!

During the making of the Histories Mysteries doc back in 1999, they heard the O'Neil's kept them after having them replaced (and presumably taking them with them)
Wasn't there also the rumour that an Australian musician had purchased the windows?

Hang on ... John G Jones ... Australian musician ... spooky
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)