The Shocking Truth (2017)

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

The Shocking Truth (2017)

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:57 pm

New documentary series airing next month...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6227952/epi ... =tt_ov_epl

Episode 2 = The Shocking Truth: The Amityville Horror

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6468146/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

22 minutes...
Episode credited cast:

Paul Day ... Ronald DeFeo, Sr.
Kaitlyn Kanygin ... Dawn DeFeo
Ryan Katzenbach ... Himself
Gary Layton ... Detective Gozoloff
Gerald M. Lotto ... Himself
Daniel Lutz ... Himself
Brent McIntosh ... Ronald DeFeo Jr.
Rebekah McKendry ... Herself
Lindsay Meli ... Louise DeFeo
Carey Roberts ... Joe Yeswit
Tedra Rogers ... Allison DeFeo
Sandor Stern ... Himself

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: The Shocking Truth (2017)

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:52 pm

From the looks of the other episodes in the series they are covering some good stories such as The Exorcist and The Conjuring.

22 minutes per episode plus ads is about half an hour. Although when they air several seconds may be squeezed out for commercial time.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:24 am

Ryan Katzenbach has time for this project, but doesn't have time to release part 3 of his documentary series on the murder after all these years?

112 elm street
Amityville Member

Post by 112 elm street » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:02 pm

I can't figure out what network it's on?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:28 am

I think it's going to be Reelz.

Jimmie_R
Amityville Member

Post by Jimmie_R » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:54 am

Ryan should not be in the same sentence as the word "truth"

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 am

Anything with RK, pass. :evil:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:48 am

kathyM wrote:Anything with RK, pass. :evil:
Well, someone needs to balance out the show with "alternative facts" :p

And tonights the night - but it's E! channel (not Reelz)
E! debuts new Canadian original series THE SHOCKING TRUTH from Calgary-based Pyramid Productions, Mondays at 9 p.m. ET beginning February 6. Exploring the real-life events that inspired Hollywood’s most memorable crime stories and thrillers, the 12-episode, 30-minute series also features a behind-the-scenes look at the stars of these iconic films, including Anthony Hopkins (Silence of the Lambs) and Ryan Reynolds (Amityville Horror), as they recount how they prepared for their legendary roles, and how these shockingly true stories informed their performances. Two back-to-back episodes of THE SHOCKING TRUTH air weekly, kicking off with the frightening stories behind films The Silence of the Lambs and Amityville Horror, Monday, Feb. 6 beginning at 9 p.m. ET on E!. To watch the series premiere, click here.

Every Monday night following the premiere of each new episode, a companion podcast debuts on iTunes. THE SHOCKING TRUTH PODCAST delves deeper into the stories featured, offering extended interviews with experts.
http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/e-debu ... ebruary-6/

112 elm street
Amityville Member

Post by 112 elm street » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 pm

That must be in Canada only, some dumb movie is on in the states on E.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 pm

112 elm street wrote:That must be in Canada only, some dumb movie is on in the states on E.
You may want to check the TV listings, cable or satellite provider or American website to see if they have it at a different day/time.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:20 pm

It's about the murders and also features part of the story of Dan Lutz, who appears on it. One thing I don't like is the implication that the Lutzes sought out Jay Anson.

They like talking about the movies, which I would have liked better if they had mentioned that the movies were fictional.

They also feature Ryan Katzenbach even though they and he admit that Butch killed his entire family and point to the evidence that convinced the SCPD. I don't know if that makes any sense to do both and make claims that Dawn was shot awake and a confession was beaten out of Butch.

On the whole: not good but certainly not the worst we've seen.

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Fourty plus years after the actual events took place, Hollywood(s) (the not talked about 'global team' of entertainment not surprisingly unwilling to talk about their 'harmony') are still flooding the market with loads of the same old, either the one extreme of endless fiction that has nothing to do with TAH (and is usually uninteresting if not lousy) or documentaries recounting the same old facts and conjectures with nothing new to add. *LARGE & EXAGGERATED YAWN THAT IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION IN THIS CASE*

Global Hollywoods: Stop making fools of yourselves, please, and find a writer that is not on drugs, and stop pretending because you look like fools. Just stop altogether or hand over the industry to those that care about (true and not a mockery of) arts & crafts. You and the high society would have more entertainment offered (to them) and we (street folks) would have some at all. I pray for you whether you like it or not, and for some quality artwork. :pray:
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:05 am

Apparently it is or will be available on Reelz in the USA, according to this podcast page with extra interviews.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the ... 58435?mt=2

Maybe someone on the board with i-tunes in the US can try getting it.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:18 am

Cheers, I forgot about the podcast.

RipDefeos
Amityville Member

Post by RipDefeos » Fri May 05, 2017 5:36 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:New documentary series airing next month...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6227952/epi ... =tt_ov_epl

Episode 2 = The Shocking Truth: The Amityville Horror

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6468146/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

22 minutes...
Episode credited cast:

Paul Day ... Ronald DeFeo, Sr.
Kaitlyn Kanygin ... Dawn DeFeo
Ryan Katzenbach ... Himself
Gary Layton ... Detective Gozoloff
Gerald M. Lotto ... Himself
Daniel Lutz ... Himself
Brent McIntosh ... Ronald DeFeo Jr.
Rebekah McKendry ... Herself
Lindsay Meli ... Louise DeFeo
Carey Roberts ... Joe Yeswit
Tedra Rogers ... Allison DeFeo
Sandor Stern ... Himself
I want to watch this documentary, where can I find it?
I can't find it anywhere.. :hammer:

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sat May 06, 2017 3:38 am

This turned out to be a Canadian production for the E! channel and as far as I can tell it was not available in other countries.

Google Play and iTunes have it, although not for free and I don't know if it's available everywhere.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 am

Let's try again...
Amityville Horror: The Shocking Truth – Exclusive Clip

The story of the most infamous house in the world just keeps on giving! There’s a new documentary on its way this week entitled Amityville Horror: The Shocking Truth, and we have nabbed you guys an exclusive clip!

The Amityville Horror is an iconic film about a haunted house, but behind the Hollywood thriller is the shocking true story of a mass murder. Six members of the DeFeo family were brutally murdered in their beds in the middle of the night. The killer claims the house is haunted and an evil presence made him do it. A year later another family moves in and the hauntings continue, inspiring a best-selling book and a hit movie. This special features archival interviews with Ryan Reynolds and Margo Kidder and an original interview with the real-life resident of the Amityville house, Daniel Lutz.

Amityville Horror: The Shocking Truth airs Friday, May 26, at 9:30pm ET/PT, only on REELZ

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/23090 ... sive-clip/

Amityville666
Amityville Member

Post by Amityville666 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Let's try again...

The story of the most infamous house in the world just keeps on giving! There’s a new documentary on its way this week entitled Amityville Horror: The Shocking Truth, and we have nabbed you guys an exclusive clip!

The Amityville Horror is an iconic film about a haunted house, but behind the Hollywood thriller is the shocking true story of a mass murder. Six members of the DeFeo family were brutally murdered in their beds in the middle of the night. The killer claims the house is haunted and an evil presence made him do it. A year later another family moves in and the hauntings continue, inspiring a best-selling book and a hit movie. This special features archival interviews with Ryan Reynolds and Margo Kidder and an original interview with the real-life resident of the Amityville house, Daniel Lutz.

Amityville Horror: The Shocking Truth airs Friday, May 26, at 9:30pm ET/PT, only on REELZ

Unfortunately I can not watch it because I do not live in america :cry:
:cry: :cry:

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Amityville666 wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:Let's try again...

Unfortunately I can not watch it because I do not live in america :cry:
:cry: :cry:
I'm currently on holiday in Spain and able to watch this sir.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:27 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:I'm currently on holiday in Spain and able to watch this sir.
How do you get American cable channels in Spain? Are you staying at a Hotel that has a contract with Hubbard Broadcasting (the owners of REELZ)? If so, that does not help the rest of us (poor folks) in Europe.
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

Fadden
Amityville Member

Post by Fadden » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Hey guys is this online anywhere?