Amityville House history?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
reece86
Amityville Member

Amityville House history?

Post by reece86 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the house or history, before the DeFeo's move in? I wonder who lived in the house before the Defeo's and if they had any activity in the house. :D

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Re: Amityville House history?

Post by DC Fan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:08 am

reece86 wrote:Hi, just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the house or history, before the DeFeo's move in? I wonder who lived in the house before the Defeo's and if they had any activity in the house. :D
You can get historical info on this board through board index/board info/case related info/Amityville FAQ. Lots of stuff going back to John Moynahan in the 1920's building of the house. Some of this was also in the History Channel docs along with Kathy's claim that some tragedy occurred to every family that lived in the house.

There is a famous person who lived in the house immediately prior to the Defeos. The actress Christine Belford was part of the Riley family.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:45 pm

I think the original question was whether there were any photographs taken of the house prior to the DeFeo's moving in.

I do not know of any which have publicly been shown on the internet or any other forum, but I would speculate there could be some in collections of past owners or their surviving family members.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 pm

This site contains the only alleged pre-Defeo era photos of the house I have ever seen -

http://www.infobarrel.com/Amityville_Horror_Hoax

you are welcome ;)
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:This site contains the only alleged pre-Defeo era photos of the house I have ever seen -

you are welcome ;)
They did put a photo of the house in the section where they write about Moynahan. But aren't the beige siding, trees and fake windows indicative of the Cromarty period? I know the change of colour was theirs.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:20 am

I note Sherb commented on the article in the comments section.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am

DC Fan wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:This site contains the only alleged pre-Defeo era photos of the house I have ever seen -

you are welcome ;)
They did put a photo of the house in the section where they write about Moynahan. But aren't the beige siding, trees and fake windows indicative of the Cromarty period? I know the change of colour was theirs.
Indeed, that's why I used the word "alleged".
Special Guest Star

est. 1999