Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

Postby JFII » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:47 pm

So is everyone now agreed that this tale is nonsense?

Getting up on 20 years this board has been going in ever decreasing circles.

Still waiting on any evidence.

Jf!
JFII
Amityville Member

Re: Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 pm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby kathyM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:26 am

It is funny you should say that now just as I have been thinking the same thing. I am starting to look at George and Kathy not in a good way. I wish I could have talked to them in person. I am feeling like we have all been scammed and it was all about money and even the fame. We will never really know. :(
kathyM
Princess

Postby Amit Y Ville » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:03 am

Oh go away.

You slander them because they're not here anymore. So graceful of you.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Oh go away.

It's not slander... Being skeptical is not slander, neither is not believing the story at all.

I've always been on the fence about Amityville, I don't really have a strong enough opinion either way. True or false, the whole thing is fascinating and an interesting subject to discuss, no matter what any of us believes or doesn't believe. In fact the wildly differing opinions and theories is what makes it (for me) even more engaging.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby JFII » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Oh go away.

Really? I didn't believe it back in the late 90's and I said so on here. Or what was the precursor to here. George didnt complain then. His minion Scooty G Gerardi DID. AND TOLD US ALL SO. : D

However. I dont claim its black and white. Just that nothing *supernatural* happened. No matter how many absolute utter charlatans pop out the woodwork, like the Warrens for example.

I think mibbie A) Someone was "at it" ala Borley Rectory. (faked by Marianne Foyster to cover an affair)
B) A Folie a deux, they really got freaked by the house and convinced themselves something was happening.
C) The Weber book story...... I kind of struggle with this as its quite a leap to buy a house and then jack it all in just over a few "bottles of wine". Then again Stranger Things peeps.

What we do know is that there was no Red Room, No flying pigs, No doors blowing outwards and ripping off their frames etc etc.
No one else has reported anything remotely strange about the place. So go figure.

As I said. That about wraps it up for Amityville.

JF,
JFII
Amityville Member

Postby DC Fan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm

I don't accept that there is anyone who gets to wrap it up one way or the other or a third.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:29 pm

kathyM wrote:I am starting to look at George and Kathy not in a good way.(

What came to light to make you think this way?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm

JFII wrote:What we do know is that there was no Red Room, No flying pigs, No doors blowing outwards and ripping off their frames etc etc.

George and Kathy would have agreed with you on two out of three of those!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:12 pm

JFII wrote:Really? I didn't believe it back in the late 90's and I said so on here. Or what was the precursor to here. George didnt complain then. His minion Scooty G Gerardi DID. AND TOLD US ALL SO. : D

I must be missing something as I have no idea what you mean by Scott Gerardi 'complaining' and telling us all of the haunting not being true? I do not recall him ever saying that.

JFII wrote:C) The Weber book story...... I kind of struggle with this as its quite a leap to buy a house and then jack it all in just over a few "bottles of wine". Then again Stranger Things peeps.

I agree with half of what you are saying. It is a bit of a substantial risk taking venture to buy a house and then walk out to concoct a story and make your money back (and then some) when a hoax story is concocted. Bottles of wine involved or not. Then again if you were to meet two people who claim a house they lived in that was the scene of a brutal mass murder that your client committed, you might be inclined to bring some wine to get them to loosen their tongues. You'd be under no obligation to believe them but then again if you had an unrealised book project in which you wanted the haunting aspect included, then if you were stuck for ideas you can get any ideas from the people claiming to live in a haunted house.

At some point I believe George and Kathy had, when sobered up from that meeting with Weber, regretted saying the things they said, and probably wanted to have never associated with Weber in the first place had they known his real intentions.

So I suppose strange things can happen - just not the strange things you suggest.

JFII wrote:As I said. That about wraps it up for Amityville.

How disappointing. I was just starting to have fun with your theories.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby JFII » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:56 am

LOL, You dont remember SCOOTIE G BIZZARDIE being anti anyone who doubted the *supernatural* explanation. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ON A DIFFERENT BOARD. THIS IS THE AMITYVILLE BOARD. DONT YOU DARE QUESTION WHY I TYPE LIKE THIS.
IM THE EXAULTED SKOOTIEE GEEEEEEEE FORMAL PAL OF RIC OZOOOONA YOU WILL TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I notice you replied to my C) but not my A) or B) ?

There is a song in there somewhere.

JF,
JFII
Amityville Member

Postby kathyM » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Exactly Bodie Rose. 8-)
kathyM
Princess

Postby Bodie_Rose » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:06 pm

The whole George and Kathy meeting up with Weber thing... Always seemed a bit fishy to me why they would run straight to DeFeo's defence lawyer!!!! Wasn't the meeting only two weeks after they fled the house? It happened before any investigation was even arranged. I don't know it's always seemed odd to me.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby Amityville Rock » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:16 pm

I must confess the final straw for me was when Danny and the alleged Aunt came forward. Their story, about George being a warlock with mystical powers that would put Uri Geller to shame, is simply put so ridiculous it doesn't deserve consideration of any sort. Ever since then my interest in this story was been steadily ebbing away.
Last edited by Amityville Rock on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Sherb,
it is many things that have made me wonder if anything really happened.
Nothing has ever happened after they fled, they do the interview rounds and George practically makes a career out of the whole thing. Makes me wonder if George wanted the house because of the history. Don't know but it has never made much sense. Too many questions and not enough answers.
kathyM
Princess

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:04 am

kathyM wrote:they do the interview rounds and George practically makes a career out of the whole thing.

Are a few interviews really a career though..?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:34 am

kathyM wrote:It is funny you should say that now just as I have been thinking the same thing. I am starting to look at George and Kathy not in a good way. I wish I could have talked to them in person. I am feeling like we have all been scammed and it was all about money and even the fame. We will never really know. :(

How were you scammed by the Amityville Horror?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:36 am

JFII wrote:
Oh go away.

Really? I didn't believe it back in the late 90's and I said so on here. Or what was the precursor to here. George didnt complain then. His minion Scooty G Gerardi DID. AND TOLD US ALL SO. : D

However. I dont claim its black and white. Just that nothing *supernatural* happened. No matter how many absolute utter charlatans pop out the woodwork, like the Warrens for example.

I think mibbie A) Someone was "at it" ala Borley Rectory. (faked by Marianne Foyster to cover an affair)
B) A Folie a deux, they really got freaked by the house and convinced themselves something was happening.
C) The Weber book story...... I kind of struggle with this as its quite a leap to buy a house and then jack it all in just over a few "bottles of wine". Then again Stranger Things peeps.

What we do know is that there was no Red Room, No flying pigs, No doors blowing outwards and ripping off their frames etc etc.
No one else has reported anything remotely strange about the place. So go figure.

As I said. That about wraps it up for Amityville.

JF,

The red room did exist. There are pictures of it and it appeared on That's Incredible. Of course it may not be the portal to Hell.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:The whole George and Kathy meeting up with Weber thing... Always seemed a bit fishy to me why they would run straight to DeFeo's defence lawyer!!!! Wasn't the meeting only two weeks after they fled the house? It happened before any investigation was even arranged. I don't know it's always seemed odd to me.

They wanted to know what Ronnie claimed he experienced in the house.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:42 am

kathyM wrote:It is funny you should say that now just as I have been thinking the same thing. I am starting to look at George and Kathy not in a good way. I wish I could have talked to them in person. I am feeling like we have all been scammed and it was all about money and even the fame. We will never really know. :(

Where was all the money that they made from it?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby underthegarden » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:08 am

The Amityville story has so many unknowns, so many missing pages, so many living people who might have answers but either won't talk or who contribute to the confusion with absurd stories and probable half truths. Whether or not you believe in the paranormal or not, you have to agree the house has a lot of mystery to it, even today.

I understand just wanting to leave this mystery behind, though. I don't think it is possible to solve. Not even sure who might be a credible source to talk to anymore?

What would be really cool/impossible is if someone could get in touch with people who were/are close to the Lutz family (not direct relatives) and interview them separately but confidentially, to see what they might know/remember.
Also go back and get statements from people who were at the seance. People who have visited the house or looked at the house over the years. Get more information & see what matches up, what stories are similar. Don't mess up credibility with ridiculous long distance EVP sessions with the deceased DeFeos or try to exorcise anything. Just collect data and put it out there.

Paranormal researchers seem to have the most interest in the house, but methodolgies seem to rely too much on pseudoscience and explanations based on religious beliefs. Scientists write it all off as malarkey. Historians don't want to get involved - too much work and not enough payoff. An investigative reporter with solid backing, maybe, but there are too many other more important stories to pursue. Sigh.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion