Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 am

underthegarden wrote:The Amityville story has so many unknowns, so many missing pages, so many living people who might have answers but either won't talk or who contribute to the confusion with absurd stories and probable half truths. Whether or not you believe in the paranormal or not, you have to agree the house has a lot of mystery to it, even today.

I understand just wanting to leave this mystery behind, though. I don't think it is possible to solve. Not even sure who might be a credible source to talk to anymore?

What would be really cool/impossible is if someone could get in touch with people who were/are close to the Lutz family (not direct relatives) and interview them separately but confidentially, to see what they might know/remember.
Also go back and get statements from people who were at the seance. People who have visited the house or looked at the house over the years. Get more information & see what matches up, what stories are similar. Don't mess up credibility with ridiculous long distance EVP sessions with the deceased DeFeos or try to exorcise anything. Just collect data and put it out there.

Paranormal researchers seem to have the most interest in the house, but methodolgies seem to rely too much on pseudoscience and explanations based on religious beliefs. Scientists write it all off as malarkey. Historians don't want to get involved - too much work and not enough payoff. An investigative reporter with solid backing, maybe, but there are too many other more important stories to pursue. Sigh.

Both Christopher and Daniel have commented on the house. Both Laura DiDio and Marvin Scott commented several times on the seance in the house. Basically nothing unusual happen other than cold breezes or people getting dizzy.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Brooke Forrester » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:26 am

My opinion is that if there was any ghostly activity and not a case of bad nerves from the Lutz family, it was the DeFeo spirits not at rest. The consensus from most who believe in hauntings is that people, especially children, who die unexpectedly/untimely have a hard time understanding what has happened and have a harder time crossing over.

For some reason, Jay Anson's book has George blowing off the idea that it could be the murders that caused his paranormal issues, and instead they go into Indians and supposed witches and demons. I think the book is written this way to put the "blame" so to speak, on others instead of the DeFeos in order to spare the feelings of the DeFeo's family and friends who might not want to hear that their loved ones were haunting a house.

I also think they thought those things sounded more exciting than a normal family who was killed by a crazy drug-addicted member of the family, and thus all the Ron was possessed stuff was put in (also based on his claim he heard voices, which I think he said just to get himself off and make people think he was crazy, not that he was saying he was possessed) and the demons, Indians and witch were put in.

Without any real proof that there's Indians buried there, or John Ketcham buried there or that he even really was a witch (doubtful), or the DeFeos thought it was haunted (they lived there almost 10 years), I think that can be seen as fiction to make the story scarier.

I don't think the Lutz's were lying. Like I said, either it was the DeFeo spirits not at rest yet, or the Lutz's were much more nervous living in a house where murders occured a year before and thought normal occurences were evil (for example, the flies, the funny smells....I think those were natural).

I think the house is fine now, the spirits, if there were any there, have moved on. That's my opinion.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:42 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:My opinion is that if there was any ghostly activity and not a case of bad nerves from the Lutz family, it was the DeFeo spirits not at rest. The consensus from most who believe in hauntings is that people, especially children, who die unexpectedly/untimely have a hard time understanding what has happened and have a harder time crossing over.

For some reason, Jay Anson's book has George blowing off the idea that it could be the murders that caused his paranormal issues, and instead they go into Indians and supposed witches and demons. I think the book is written this way to put the "blame" so to speak, on others instead of the DeFeos in order to spare the feelings of the DeFeo's family and friends who might not want to hear that their loved ones were haunting a house.

I also think they thought those things sounded more exciting than a normal family who was killed by a crazy drug-addicted member of the family, and thus all the Ron was possessed stuff was put in (also based on his claim he heard voices, which I think he said just to get himself off and make people think he was crazy, not that he was saying he was possessed) and the demons, Indians and witch were put in.

Without any real proof that there's Indians buried there, or John Ketcham buried there or that he even really was a witch (doubtful), or the DeFeos thought it was haunted (they lived there almost 10 years), I think that can be seen as fiction to make the story scarier.

I don't think the Lutz's were lying. Like I said, either it was the DeFeo spirits not at rest yet, or the Lutz's were much more nervous living in a house where murders occured a year before and thought normal occurences were evil (for example, the flies, the funny smells....I think those were natural).

I think the house is fine now, the spirits, if there were any there, have moved on. That's my opinion.

There were rumors of the house being haunted when DeFeos were alive.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby underthegarden » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Both Christopher and Daniel have commented on the house. Both Laura DiDio and Marvin Scott commented several times on the seance in the house. Basically nothing unusual happen other than cold breezes or people getting dizzy.

Right, but I am hoping people who are NOT direct relatives of George/Kathy might know something. People too close to them have too much bias. People who might have had dinner with George and Kathy and picked up on additional stories or admissions of truth. I mean, someone out there must have more information, right? Not everyone can be dead or unstable, right?

Laura DiDio always seems to speak in riddles or leaves out information. For instance, she's said "it's not black and white" about the hauntings, but never really went on to explain what her definition gray is. Not exactly. Does she have anything definitive out there? Like an essay or biography or statement of what happened. If so, I haven't seen it and would like to see it. I get the feeling she has more to say OR she might be able to provide more names and leads.

And I'm sure there are other people in Amityville who know more - about the house, about the other owners, about complaints. Babysitters, housesitters, care providers, cat sitters, plumbers, contractors. In this day and age where people are constantly talking telling stories via blogs and Reddit, you'd think SOMEONE would have provided some sort of story somewhere, even if it was just to say they spent 4 days changing pipes in the basement and it was like any other house. Does everyone who has ever entered the house have to sign some sort of nondisclosure form? It seems that way sometimes.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby Amityville Rock » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Regarding rumors that the house was haunted when the Defeoes lived there, and perhaps before. For years now I've been trying to speak with actress Christine Belford (she is the daughter of the Reillies) about her time in the house without success. This story has become toxic and many people do not wish to get involved even indirectly.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:25 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:The whole George and Kathy meeting up with Weber thing... Always seemed a bit fishy to me why they would run straight to DeFeo's defence lawyer!!!! Wasn't the meeting only two weeks after they fled the house? It happened before any investigation was even arranged. I don't know it's always seemed odd to me.

This was an age before "ghostbusting" was common knowledge. They hadn't even heard of the Warrens or Holzer - the two big names at the time. They went to Weber to find out about the history of the house, and how it affected DeFeo.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:36 am

underthegarden wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:Both Christopher and Daniel have commented on the house. Both Laura DiDio and Marvin Scott commented several times on the seance in the house. Basically nothing unusual happen other than cold breezes or people getting dizzy.

Right, but I am hoping people who are NOT direct relatives of George/Kathy might know something. People too close to them have too much bias. People who might have had dinner with George and Kathy and picked up on additional stories or admissions of truth. I mean, someone out there must have more information, right? Not everyone can be dead or unstable, right?

Laura DiDio always seems to speak in riddles or leaves out information. For instance, she's said "it's not black and white" about the hauntings, but never really went on to explain what her definition gray is. Not exactly. Does she have anything definitive out there? Like an essay or biography or statement of what happened. If so, I haven't seen it and would like to see it. I get the feeling she has more to say OR she might be able to provide more names and leads.

And I'm sure there are other people in Amityville who know more - about the house, about the other owners, about complaints. Babysitters, housesitters, care providers, cat sitters, plumbers, contractors. In this day and age where people are constantly talking telling stories via blogs and Reddit, you'd think SOMEONE would have provided some sort of story somewhere, even if it was just to say they spent 4 days changing pipes in the basement and it was like any other house. Does everyone who has ever entered the house have to sign some sort of nondisclosure form? It seems that way sometimes.

The Lutz kids (at least the boys) were not fans of George. If it was a hoax, then they would have said it to spite George.

Most older people do not use social media. They value their privacy and believe that the public doesn't need to know everything about their lives.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Amit Y Ville » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:49 am

There's no proof it was a hoax, so all you naysayers saying bad stuff against George and Kathy, I hope you're proud of yourself. You're literally calling them liars which is slander in itself especially as they're not here to defend themselves. You think thats clever?

Please, learn to respect the dead and provide evidence it was all a hoax or your claims are immediately defunct.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby Amityville Rock » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:There's no proof it was a hoax, so all you naysayers saying bad stuff against George and Kathy, I hope you're proud of yourself. You're literally calling them liars which is slander in itself especially as they're not here to defend themselves. You think thats clever?

Please, learn to respect the dead and provide evidence it was all a hoax or your claims are immediately defunct.

It is what it is. Countless people have bad mouthed members of Defeo family for years. Poor Mr. Defeo has borne the brunt of these distasteful stories.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:There's no proof it was a hoax, so all you naysayers saying bad stuff against George and Kathy, I hope you're proud of yourself. You're literally calling them liars which is slander in itself especially as they're not here to defend themselves. You think thats clever?

provide evidence on the spot right now that the haunting actually happened!

I guarantee you won't be able to do it. Until then, shut your mouth!
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:

provide evidence on the spot right now that the haunting actually happened!

I guarantee you won't be able to do it. Until then, shut your mouth!

Can't prove it one way or another. It's like trying to prove God exists or doesn't exist. Now go back and take a hit from your bong.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Yeah you alone would know that best. So grab your hubby and do another drive by to and convince yourself there might be a supernatural vision to behold!

We all know you been let down before but continue to get a kick out of watching you try to feel the hole in your arm, or more like the one in your head.

Btw it has and been disproven. Of course you already know that.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:Yeah you alone would know that best. So grab your hubby and do another drive by to and convince yourself there might be a supernatural vision to behold!

We all know you been let down before but continue to get a kick out of watching you try to feel the hole in your arm, or more like the one in your head.

Btw it has and been disproven. Of course you already know that.

Where is your proof that it was disproven, Goobs?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 pm

None other than the lutzes themselves. Time and time again.

I see you've really missed me in my absence. Don't worry, I won't disappoint you...
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:29 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:None other than the lutzes themselves. Time and time again.

I see you've really missed me in my absence. Don't worry, I won't disappoint you...

Still no evidence. Let's see it.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:50 pm

of course not! Chris hasn't come forth with his latest tale yet. So we're still waiting for the official version.

I did call him out on his bluff about two months ago. You know what he told me? He stated that I would definetly believe him that it was a true story when he released his newest, real version of what happened. Umm, yeah

I followed up with a quick question. Chris, will this newest version be any different then your last versions?

Seems Christopher joined a monastery soon after? Silence is golden. Or less contradictive.

Evidence is a boring house that nothing demonic has happened since our family got chased out in the wee hours. Or the afternoon? Depending on which of the lutzes you quote?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby DC Fan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Jimmy:

So is this going to be another one of your things where the Lutzes disprove themselves by them not all singing exactly the same from the same hymnbook?

What Chris is going to come out with --- Jeez --- how long have we been waiting for his book to come out? I'll worry about it when I see it.

Seriously there is more continuity on the Lutz side, even with Anson in the mix, than there is among the critics. Kaplan and Cromarty might have thought Micky Sexton was nuts. Weber based on his investigations didn't want to make such claims like those later be made by Osuna, Katzenbach and that lady who names herself after a hockey team. Maybe you can provide us with your list of who you say have proven a hoax.

At any rate, Dan Lutz on that E! channel thing states the only evidence he has is his bent finger. Now was that injured somewhere else or maybe an acting or camera trick job? Maybe it was. But just like with the polygraph, you won't accept it so why bother asking for evidence?
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:50 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:The whole George and Kathy meeting up with Weber thing... Always seemed a bit fishy to me why they would run straight to DeFeo's defence lawyer!!!! Wasn't the meeting only two weeks after they fled the house? It happened before any investigation was even arranged. I don't know it's always seemed odd to me.

They wanted to know what Ronnie claimed he experienced in the house.

Still not seeing the logic behind it.

If I was experiencing a haunting in a house where 6 people were murdered only a year before... the LAST thing I'd be thinking about would be going to talk to the murderer's defense lawyer.

The whole "Ronnie was influenced/possessed by what was in the house and that's why he murdered his family" thing... which George and Kathy were supposedly convinced of about TWO WEEKS after leaving the house? I don't know it just seems so... contrived and illogical.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
Brooke Forrester wrote:My opinion is that if there was any ghostly activity and not a case of bad nerves from the Lutz family, it was the DeFeo spirits not at rest. The consensus from most who believe in hauntings is that people, especially children, who die unexpectedly/untimely have a hard time understanding what has happened and have a harder time crossing over.

There were rumors of the house being haunted when DeFeos were alive.

The only time I've ever heard that claim was from RONNIE, when Holzer interviewed him in prison. Unless you mean a supposed picture of a "spirit" inside a house which may or may not be the same one that occupied the plot originally. A photo that looks so fake it's not even funny.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:08 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:

This was an age before "ghostbusting" was common knowledge. They hadn't even heard of the Warrens or Holzer - the two big names at the time. They went to Weber to find out about the history of the house, and how it affected DeFeo.

Still doesn't add up. A shady defense lawyer is hardly the best source for history on a house. You'd think the local historical society would be of more use... and indeed they did go there didn't they? So that leaves their apparent interest in Ronnie, which still doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying the whole thing was a hoax, I wasn't there so that would be a foolish thing to assume. However, I do wonder if a lot of stuff was "spiced up" for the sake of making a really good story out of it... and what better way to do that than weave the DeFeo murders/possessed Ronnie into the narrative as a whole new level of spookiness.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:12 am

JFII wrote:LOL, You dont remember SCOOTIE G BIZZARDIE being anti anyone who doubted the *supernatural* explanation. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ON A DIFFERENT BOARD. THIS IS THE AMITYVILLE BOARD. DONT YOU DARE QUESTION WHY I TYPE LIKE THIS.
IM THE EXAULTED SKOOTIEE GEEEEEEEE FORMAL PAL OF RIC OZOOOONA YOU WILL TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JF,

Okay then when you get back on your medication we can continue the conversation.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Amityville Discussion