Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Well that about wraps it up for Amityville.

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:22 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:Still doesn't add up. A shady defense lawyer is hardly the best source for history on a house. You'd think the local historical society would be of more use... and indeed they did go there didn't they? So that leaves their apparent interest in Ronnie, which still doesn't make sense.
They thought the house was changing their personalities, giving them "thoughts that were not are own". The last person to live there killed his entire family, so going to his lawyer for more information sounds a reasonable starting point to me.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:The only time I've ever heard that claim was from RONNIE, when Holzer interviewed him in prison. Unless you mean a supposed picture of a "spirit" inside a house which may or may not be the same one that occupied the plot originally. A photo that looks so fake it's not even funny.
You mean the picture that looked like it was a photoshop image of Black Sabbath's first album cover? What I am talking about is rumors that the Catholic Church performed cleansings or excorisms while the DeFeo's were in the house. Why did Ronnie pass out religious statue necklaces to his aquaitances and associates saying he "had the devil on his back". What was the deal with all those religious statues in their front yard that was put up not too long before the murders along with the "High Hopes" sign?

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:28 am

The photograph in question is real. I spent a lot of time and money getting the plate authenticated. Is it a ghost? I don't know. Was it taken in the original Amityville house? I can't confirm that. Once again we are left with more questions than answers. I have never, however, been able to locate any past resident who will state on the record that 112/108 Ocean Avenue was haunted, well other than the Lutzes or Ronnie Jr. of course.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:The photograph in question is real. I spent a lot of time and money getting the plate authenticated. Is it a ghost? I don't know. Was it taken in the original Amityville house? I can't confirm that. Once again we are left with more questions than answers. I have never, however, been able to locate any past resident who will state on the record that 112/108 Ocean Avenue was haunted, well other than the Lutzes or Ronnie Jr. of course.
I would also imagine it being very difficult to get anybody to openly admit something happened which they could not explain rationally. Either because it challenges their own belief system, they are afraid of being ridiculed. I would also imagine the town of Amityville would not want anything remotely confirming recent paranormal activity to be circulated in fear of attracting the wrong kind of tourist trade. Money might be money and business might do well but I suspect the township (the money side) would want their sleepy idyllic town to remain gentrified and not 'polluted' by what they would snobbily refer to as 'everyday rabble'.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:The whole George and Kathy meeting up with Weber thing... Always seemed a bit fishy to me why they would run straight to DeFeo's defence lawyer!!!! Wasn't the meeting only two weeks after they fled the house? It happened before any investigation was even arranged. I don't know it's always seemed odd to me.
They wanted to know what Ronnie claimed he experienced in the house.
Still not seeing the logic behind it.

If I was experiencing a haunting in a house where 6 people were murdered only a year before... the LAST thing I'd be thinking about would be going to talk to the murderer's defense lawyer.

The whole "Ronnie was influenced/possessed by what was in the house and that's why he murdered his family" thing... which George and Kathy were supposedly convinced of about TWO WEEKS after leaving the house? I don't know it just seems so... contrived and illogical.
and you forgot to toss in how quickly they were to get into the publishing business soon after their horrible experiences.

one wonders why they would have to tell anyone their story anyway? what's to be gained?

guess kathym has a point there?
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:46 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:Still doesn't add up. A shady defense lawyer is hardly the best source for history on a house. You'd think the local historical society would be of more use... and indeed they did go there didn't they? So that leaves their apparent interest in Ronnie, which still doesn't make sense.
They thought the house was changing their personalities, giving them "thoughts that were not are own". The last person to live there killed his entire family, so going to his lawyer for more information sounds a reasonable starting point to me.
Or they could have had the investigation they apparently wanted so desperately instead of entertaining wild assumptions first.

Whichever side of the fence anyone is on, I think we can all agree rushing to tell their story to Weber did them no favours at all.
Last edited by Bodie_Rose on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:The photograph in question is real. I spent a lot of time and money getting the plate authenticated. Is it a ghost? I don't know. Was it taken in the original Amityville house? I can't confirm that. Once again we are left with more questions than answers. I have never, however, been able to locate any past resident who will state on the record that 112/108 Ocean Avenue was haunted, well other than the Lutzes or Ronnie Jr. of course.
"Define "Real."

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Or they could have had the investigation they apparently wanted so desperately instead of entertaining wild assumptions first.

Whichever side of the fence anyone is on, I think we can all agree rushing to tell their story to Weber did them no favours at all.
yes it did. by going to Weber they were able to start the ball rolling and ended up with a better deal with anson.

300,000 plus. not bad for a few weeks in a house
FIRE THAT THING UP!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:Or they could have had the investigation they apparently wanted so desperately instead of entertaining wild assumptions first.
What investigation were they desperate to have?
Yep!

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:yes it did. by going to Weber they were able to start the ball rolling and ended up with a better deal with anson.

So now if someone wants to write a book they should go to a lawyer to get it published or get an initial offer? People don't do that.

I don't think it should be in dispute that a lawyer who wanted a book deal with them was a big part of their problems. It created a lawsuit.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

DC Fan wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:yes it did. by going to Weber they were able to start the ball rolling and ended up with a better deal with anson.

So now if someone wants to write a book they should go to a lawyer to get it published or get an initial offer? People don't do that.

I don't think it should be in dispute that a lawyer who wanted a book deal with them was a big part of their problems. It created a lawsuit.
Uh, that's exactly what they did! Or have you forgotten that little paper that was drawn up with Weber that they backed out on? and yes it was the first of many lawsuits. You reap what you sew.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:26 am

By the looks of it, the expression, 'that about wraps it up', is now defined as, 'that is not yet all wrapped up'.

It is never over until The First Lady sings...
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 am

jimmysmokes wrote: Uh, that's exactly what they did! Or have you forgotten that little paper that was drawn up with Weber that they backed out on? and yes it was the first of many lawsuits. You reap what you sew.
By 'that little paper' you must be referring to the 'contract' William Weber drew up of which terms were not agreed to. I am pretty sure that in order to back out of a contract - or breach - one would have had to actually have entered into it. Correct?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 am

Brendan72 wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote: Uh, that's exactly what they did! Or have you forgotten that little paper that was drawn up with Weber that they backed out on? and yes it was the first of many lawsuits. You reap what you sew.
By 'that little paper' you must be referring to the 'contract' William Weber drew up of which terms were not agreed to. I am pretty sure that in order to back out of a contract - or breach - one would have had to actually have entered into it. Correct?
yep. they had a better deal awaiting. you missing something here?
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:Or they could have had the investigation they apparently wanted so desperately instead of entertaining wild assumptions first.
What investigation were they desperate to have?
Well...that was the idea right? They wanted the place "fixed" so they could move back in.

Or is there some other reason they got involved with Kaplan? Who is a whole new minefield I tend to avoid arguing about, all I have to say about that particular person is that he clearly didn't believe the story... and he was entitled to that opinion as much as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:27 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
"Define "Real."
It is from a Kodiak photographic plate (manufactured in 1921) that has not been tampered with according to the Photographic lab in Germany (I was originally going to use one in France but the Germany facility had greater expertise) that examined it. I will not post the full twenty-three-page report here because, frankly, I have spent a lot of money researching the Amityville Saga (little own on authenticating this plate) and I want a return on my investment. Unlike others, past and present, I admit I'm doing this in large part for profit or at least official recognition. When my project is finished a much higher quality image derived from the plate in question will be produced.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:20 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:
"Define "Real."
It is from a Kodiak photographic plate (manufactured in 1921) that has not been tampered with according to the Photographic lab in Germany (I was originally going to use one in France but the Germany facility had greater expertise) that examined it. I will not post the full twenty-three-page report here because, frankly, I have spent a lot of money researching the Amityville Saga (little own on authenticating this plate) and I want a return on my investment. Unlike others, past and present, I admit I'm doing this in large part for profit or at least official recognition. When my project is finished a much higher quality image derived from the plate in question will be produced.

Fair enough.

Forgive me if I retain my skepticism of something that looks like a fuzzy Darth Vader.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:59 am

Whatever it may be, it is of a tangible nature. I'm not saying it is a ghost, only that the image is imprinted on the actual plate by natural means and that the person who furnished it to me was a, now deceased, relative of Catherin Moynahan (that much I have proven through my research). Which will all, along with much more, be revealed in my upcoming project.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote: Well...that was the idea right? They wanted the place "fixed" so they could move back in.
Sure, so how does contacting Weber negate this?

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Obvious troll thread. Should be closed. Don't feed them.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:Obvious troll thread. Should be closed. Don't feed them.
you must be starving!
FIRE THAT THING UP!