Who (or what?) slapped Father Pecararo?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Who (or what?) slapped Father Pecararo?

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi folks,

Has been some time since I have started a thread on this board on account many theories discussed (and over discussed/analysed) are covered in most of the threads here already. As fun as it is to discover (and rediscover) aspects of the haunting and murders (pro or against haunting) there is rarely an aspect of either I have deemed worthy of creating a new thread over for quite some time.

It is interesting how such theories and ideas come to you and where they do, in the most peculiar of places while doing the most mundane and irrelevant task. However something interesting did occur to me recently and I think I might have already discussed this on one of the older forums however over the years I have been discussing on the boards I think it is worthy at the very least of rehashing.

When Father Pecararo was blessing the sewing room (the former DeFeo boy's bedroom) on moving day and he said he was slapped, the popular belief was that it was a demonic entity. What if the entity was not inhuman but human and in fact may have been Ronald DeFeo senior? It was said he had a temper, was domineering and controlling in life. If this were true then at the very least if the idea that people having sudden violent deaths remain in the area they expired do not realise they have passed or if they do and cannot move on, feel frustrated and angry at not being heard? What if violent hauntings are not always necessarily demonic but a human spirit who is stuck between realms for whatever reason such as a murder.

We know that DeFeo Snr was a religious man evidenced by the statuary and religious decorations around the outside and inside of the house. What if by chance he was not aware he had died, or had realised and for some reason felt betrayed by his God not letting him pass? Here walks in a priest, a representative of the Catholic church he was so devout to, blessing HIS home. Feeling betrayed he slaps Father Pecararo and tells him to 'Get Out!", as in "get out of my house!"?

Thoughts? Ideas?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Re: Who (or what?) slapped Father Pecararo?

Post by DC Fan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Brendan72 wrote:When Father Pecararo was blessing the sewing room (the former DeFeo boy's bedroom) on moving day and he said he was slapped, the popular belief was that it was a demonic entity. What if the entity was not inhuman but human and in fact may have been Ronald DeFeo senior? It was said he had a temper, was domineering and controlling in life. If this were true then at the very least if the idea that people having sudden violent deaths remain in the area they expired do not realise they have passed or if they do and cannot move on, feel frustrated and angry at not being heard? What if violent hauntings are not always necessarily demonic but a human spirit who is stuck between realms for whatever reason such as a murder.

We know that DeFeo Snr was a religious man evidenced by the statuary and religious decorations around the outside and inside of the house. What if by chance he was not aware he had died, or had realised and for some reason felt betrayed by his God not letting him pass? Here walks in a priest, a representative of the Catholic church he was so devout to, blessing HIS home. Feeling betrayed he slaps Father Pecararo and tells him to 'Get Out!", as in "get out of my house!"?

Thoughts? Ideas?
Under Catholic teaching God is all powerful and does not make a mistake of allowing someone to remain earthbound. You can argue that many Catholics do believe in ghosts but that creates an inconsistency. DeFeo would likely interpret that situation as a kind of purgatory, in which case being nasty with Father Ray would be the last thing he would want to do. Why attack a representative of the Big Guy when your ticket to Paradise might be in the mail? Under the scenario of him not knowing that he is dead I would think it would still make more sense to attack Lutz instead.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Re: Who (or what?) slapped Father Pecararo?

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 pm

If it was in anyway real, which is a big if at this point, perhaps it was the ghost of Rolling Thunder the alleged Indian Cheif. Being a pagan, could be he was offended by an unknown holy man saying a Christian blessing over his already desecrated gravesite.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999