Gerald Brittle's BILLION Dollar Conjuring Lawsuit

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Gerald Brittle's BILLION Dollar Conjuring Lawsuit

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:09 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:You need help
People of certain pathologies often turn the argument on the other person they are attacking, taking the victim-stance. They do this to gain sympathy but mostly to deflect their own flaws on the other person.

Telling a person they 'need help' as a response to their claims only validates a point that you probably do not intend to project but your own words betray you.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:You need help
People of certain pathologies often turn the argument on the other person they are attacking, taking the victim-stance. They do this to gain sympathy but mostly to deflect their own flaws on the other person.

Telling a person they 'need help' as a response to their claims only validates a point that you probably do not intend to project but your own words betray you.
Well you are free to believe the Easter bunny left you some goodies today. And if you do believe that I think most people in here would agree that you need help!

Nice try Bren but reverse psychology is a bitch and it can back fire
FIRE THAT THING UP!

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Or maybe Jimmy's dealer took the holiday off and as a result he is at a loss to come up with anything better. :roll:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 pm

well when i reach the level of stupidity that you're on (with your fairy tales and such) i'll give up the weed and start drinking nestle's quick and talking to the leprecaun on the cereal box like you do in the morning.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:14 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:well when i reach the level of stupidity that you're on (with your fairy tales and such) i'll give up the weed and start drinking nestle's quick and talking to the leprecaun on the cereal box like you do in the morning.

You already have reached the high level of stupidity, Jimmy.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:well when i reach the level of stupidity that you're on (with your fairy tales and such) i'll give up the weed and start drinking nestle's quick and talking to the leprecaun on the cereal box like you do in the morning.

You already have reached the high level of stupidity, Jimmy.
no that honor goes to your husband
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:09 am

My husband is a very intelligent man. He doesn't do drugs and knows how to use proper English punctuation unlike one particular person you know very well.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 am

he married you and does drive by's past the amityville house? believes in fairy tales like you.

that dont sound too intelligent to me
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 am

devilbustedinct wrote:You know what they say about Karma. I hope there is something to be learned here for all, regardless of your beliefs. Good luck with your billion dollar lawsuit Mr. Brittle, and folks, get your buttered popcorn and your favorite beverage ready and get ready to enjoy the spectacle to come. I’m also pretty sure you can still count on “The Conjuring 3” coming to a theater near you sometime in the future, probably with a few lawsuits attached to it…but hey, it’s all fun and games until you make a buck ruining someone’s life.
Thanks for reading.
Here, here...that is very true.
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 am

It should be up to the movie going audiences to determine whether they believe the premise of the movie. All I know was the both Conjuring movies were very entertaining despite being budget movies. Anabelle, on the other hand.

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:00 am

Victoria Principles wrote:It should be up to the movie going audiences to determine whether they believe the premise of the movie. All I know was the both Conjuring movies were very entertaining despite being budget movies. Anabelle, on the other hand.
To be honest, I myself have not (yet) seen The Conjuring (2013). I heard the films were okay but unoriginal. If I did watch them, I don't know where to start when Anabelle (2014) is the second part as a prequel making The Conjuring 2 (2016) actually The Conjuring 3 making Annabelle: Creation (2017) actually part 4 and another Sequel, The Nun (2018) reportedly set for release and will be part...who the hell knows?! Director James Wan was quoting as saying that there will be countless Conjuring movies because the Lorraines did so much field work. Sorry, I just don't feel drawn to any of the films with such a mass of confusion and scandal that is really nothing. I got better things to waste my time with.

Also, I wanted to state that I find it irresponsible and perhaps cowardly of Warner Brothers to remain without comment although I bet they are as confused as everybody else and don't know what to say except, 'Who does the background checks around here?' among themselves.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 am

Ayko wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:It should be up to the movie going audiences to determine whether they believe the premise of the movie. All I know was the both Conjuring movies were very entertaining despite being budget movies. Anabelle, on the other hand.
To be honest, I myself have not (yet) seen The Conjuring (2013). I heard the films were okay but unoriginal. If I did watch them, I don't know where to start when Anabelle (2014) is the second part as a prequel making The Conjuring 2 (2016) actually The Conjuring 3 making Annabelle: Creation (2017) actually part 4 and another Sequel, The Nun (2018) reportedly set for release and will be part...who the hell knows?! Director James Wan was quoting as saying that there will be countless Conjuring movies because the Lorraines did so much field work. Sorry, I just don't feel drawn to any of the films with such a mass of confusion and scandal that is really nothing. I got better things to waste my time with.

Also, I wanted to state that I find it irresponsible and perhaps cowardly of Warner Brothers to remain without comment although I bet they are as confused as everybody else and don't know what to say except, 'Who does the background checks around here?' among themselves.

Generally entities being sued do not comment on the suit while it still is in litigation.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 am

Ayko wrote:

James Wang does not direct the Annabelle series. Perhaps that is why they are not as good as The Conjuring. The story of Annabelle in the movie is totally unrelated to the way they happen in real life while The Conjuring series keep the basic story close to how it allegedly really happened.

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:29 pm

Victoria Principles wrote: Generally entities being sued do not comment on the suit while it still is in litigation.
That is true and perhaps 'cowardly' was a poor choice of wording but, that old standard of being without comment during such a potential scandal was once a ploy for free Advertising. Here, the situation seems to follow that procedure in definition but, without much of anybody paying attention (except maybe us few Amityville fanatics) I do again feel it borders on cowardness and shows that Wan and WB and the rest do not care at all for the Arts&Crafts of the 'ghostly hauntings' (entertainment) genre and are so caught up in their personal lives of recreation they do not even pay attention to what the media is fed regarding them and the lawsuit or what any 'street fan' would think. Yes, cowardly, irresponsible, confused, and uncaring (about 'their artwork').
Victoria Principles wrote: James Wang does not direct the Annabelle series. Perhaps that is why they are not as good as The Conjuring. The story of Annabelle in the movie is totally unrelated to the way they happen in real life while The Conjuring series keep the basic story close to how it allegedly really happened.
I see. Well, Wan does have a good record at directing (horror) movies but, the stories he is given seem to follow a strange pattern of finding new movie writers with such originality like not seen since the 1970s that could only muster one or two stories in their life before fading out the way they faded in. No offense to James Wan who surely can only do the best he can with what they give him but, I would do it different. For example, Oren Peli (an Arab writer/producer who makes his debut with 'Paranormal Activity', an Arab, and nothing else) and writer/actor Leigh Whannell (SAW, Dead Silence, Insidious) who we would expect, by now, to have put out twenty original stories by now for every director searching for (or not) original material. Then there is the Conjuring writers, twin Brothers Chad Hayes and Carey Hayes (again taking the place of others), always shown with their family names written twice as if to emphasize the initials and the double Ha. Tradition and people true to what is being insinuated (or gloated) would never advertise in such immature and insulting ways that serve no constuctive purpose. Coincidence? Let us not play dumb. It does, however, undersore all that I have stated here.

In any case, I will give The Conjuring a try soon since our ViPr recommends it. I'll let you know what I thought...Thanks

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:34 am

Then I read this in Wikipedia.org:
'Norma Sutcliffe and Gerald Helfrich, the current owners of the house on which the film was based, are suing James Wan, Warner Bros. and other producers, on the ground that their property is being vandalized constantly as a consequence of the film. Entertainment Weekly obtained documents in which the owners affirm various invasions and ratify that they have found numerous objects affiliated with satanic cults. The lawsuit also reveals that the current owners bought the house in 1987 and lived "in peace" until 2012. Both owners are seeking unspecified damages. When questioned, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. declined to comment on the issue.'

...and, after rolling my eyes, thought only :fp:

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Ayko wrote:Then I read this in Wikipedia.org:
'Norma Sutcliffe and Gerald Helfrich, the current owners of the house on which the film was based, are suing James Wan, Warner Bros. and other producers, on the ground that their property is being vandalized constantly as a consequence of the film. Entertainment Weekly obtained documents in which the owners affirm various invasions and ratify that they have found numerous objects affiliated with satanic cults. The lawsuit also reveals that the current owners bought the house in 1987 and lived "in peace" until 2012. Both owners are seeking unspecified damages. When questioned, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. declined to comment on the issue.'

That should be an interesting lawsuit since Norma Sutcliffe has been recorded in interviews that she had paranormal experiences in the house.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Ayko wrote:Then I read this in Wikipedia.org:

Norma Sutcliffe also had the house featured on TAPS. I am sure James Wang's and Warner Brother's lawyers are going to have a field day with this.
http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters/episod ... two-houses

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 am

Victoria Principles wrote:James Wang does not direct the Annabelle series. Perhaps that is why they are not as good as The Conjuring. The story of Annabelle in the movie is totally unrelated to the way they happen in real life while The Conjuring series keep the basic story close to how it allegedly really happened.
He does produce the Annabelle series though. In any case, I just finished watching The Conjuring the other day as recommended by ViPr and I did enjoy the film quite a bit with a few good shocker scenes and well used imagery as well as music. Some of the acting could have been better though and the (demonic possession) climax was okay but unoriginal and expected. All in all, though, I did come away feeling I got my worth in horror movie. I also liked the interviews with James Wan who certainly has talent and personality (and at such a young age or he just looks it). I would gladly work with him. I guess I am now commited to watching Conjuring 2. Is that any good?

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 am

The Conjuring 2 is also a good movie about a story that most people are more familiar with.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:47 am

Looks like it's going to trial! Mark your calendars for April 16, 2018. It's going to be better than any of the movies.
http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-conjuri ... 57470/amp/