why is everything so hush-hush about the new family?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

why is everything so hush-hush about the new family?

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Aside from the obvious reasons such as protecting their privacy, why is the identity of the new family living there being kept such a secret? Even the title to the land on the county website hasn't been updated yet to show who owns 108, despite them closing in February... does this just not seem a bit odd to anyone that the names of the new family hasn't been released yet and no one knows anything about them... everyone knew when Brian Wilson, the D'Antonios, etc bought the house who they were
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Re: why is everything so hush-hush about the new family?

Postby jimmysmokes » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:14 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Aside from the obvious reasons such as protecting their privacy, why is the identity of the new family living there being kept such a secret? Even the title to the land on the county website hasn't been updated yet to show who owns 108, despite them closing in February... does this just not seem a bit odd to anyone that the names of the new family hasn't been released yet and no one knows anything about them... everyone knew when Brian Wilson, the D'Antonios, etc bought the house who they were

Because the house is still haunted and the new owners are trapped inside by the hellish forces! They've been on social media and from what I've learned it's pretty bad. And whenever one of them try and escape, they become violently ill and the dog, Larry, becomes possessed and starts speaking in tongues!

For gods sake, lets get them out!!
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 am

Lol! :lol: :lol:
kathyM
Princess

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:29 am

so, who is the new family living there??

Surely some of the detectives on here should have some leads
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Aside from the obvious reasons such as protecting their privacy, why is the identity of the new family living there being kept such a secret? Even the title to the land on the county website hasn't been updated yet to show who owns 108, despite them closing in February... does this just not seem a bit odd to anyone that the names of the new family hasn't been released yet and no one knows anything about them... everyone knew when Brian Wilson, the D'Antonios, etc bought the house who they were

Sounds like a season of American Horror Story ... oh, wait that's already been done.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Ayko » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:53 pm

According to the price history, the home was sold in 1997 for $230,000.00 or $310,000.00 (depending on the report) apparently to someone named Brian Wilson who has never appeared to anyone or been involved in any Amityville Propaganda, before the listing price soared 400% to $1,150,000.00. Then, as if again sold, the home was being offered for the price of $850,000.00 in October 2010 alongside reports that the home was again sold in 2010, but to who?. Now, in 2017, reports state the home has been apparently sold again to owners that wish to remain anonymous.

Now, I am not going to insinuate that the home is being sold to nobody over and over in a messed up attempt at 'laundering money to make financial profit' to invest in hiding places afraid of the 'Goodyman'. Who would believe it?!
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby underthegarden » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 pm

That info is above our classification level. We cannot be trusted. Not yet.

You must move to Amityville, but not that neighborhood. Get a job nearby. Slowly integrate, don't be obvious. Date locals, slowly dump anyone who doesn't have any leads. But be friendly, don't burn bridges. Eventually you will find someone with connections. Marry them. Have their kids. Play the long game. Eventually a friend of a friend will blurt out names after their third glass of wine.

Then report back, here.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby underthegarden » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Ayko wrote:According to the price history, the home was sold in 1997 for $230,000.00 or $310,000.00 (depending on the report) apparently to someone named Brian Wilson who has never appeared to anyone or been involved in any Amityville Propaganda, before the listing price soared 400% to $1,150,000.00. Then, as if again sold, the home was being offered for the price of $850,000.00 in October 2010 alongside reports that the home was again sold in 2010, but to who?. Now, in 2017, reports state the home has been apparently sold again to owners that wish to remain anonymous.

Now, I am not going to insinuate that the home is being sold to nobody over and over in a messed up attempt at 'laundering money to make financial profit' to invest in hiding places afraid of the 'Goodyman'. Who would believe it?!

What better cover for an intricate, longrunning financial scam than a haunted house? Nothing to see here except a few ghostie boys and gateways to hell (maybe). Brian Wilson is probably in the Cayman Islands, sipping on a margarita and still laughing about his garage sale con.

But seriously, where is Brian? Is he some sort of mass delusion, a la the BerenstAIn Bears????
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby jimmysmokes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 am

underthegarden wrote:That info is above our classification level. We cannot be trusted. Not yet.

You must move to Amityville, but not that neighborhood. Get a job nearby. Slowly integrate, don't be obvious. Date locals, slowly dump anyone who doesn't have any leads. But be friendly, don't burn bridges. Eventually you will find someone with connections. Marry them. Have their kids. Play the long game. Eventually a friend of a friend will blurt out names after their third glass of wine.

Then report back, here.

report what? an ordinary family living in a house where a tragedy occurred in another century.

time to give it up.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:21 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
underthegarden wrote:That info is above our classification level. We cannot be trusted. Not yet.

Then report back, here.

report what? an ordinary family living in a house where a tragedy occurred in another century.

time to give it up.

Time to give up the drugs.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby underthegarden » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:

Then report back, here.

time to give it up.

Time to give up the drugs.

I was kidding! Been watching too many spy shows. THe Americans meet Night Manager meets X-Files meets Amityville. Or something.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon May 01, 2017 5:39 am

The new owners have young kids. There are enough creepy stalkers out there. You don't need to know who owns the house. The new owners already have posted pictures of what the inside of the house looks like.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby OntarioGuy1988 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 pm

My God, most of you guys are useless

I don't even know why half of you even bother going on this site since you have nothing substantive to contribute except your miserable sarcastic bulls*it
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon May 01, 2017 12:13 pm

lol! you letting vick get to you? :o remember, her and her lame husband are the head stalkers of 108 Ocean Ave. she gets very anal about someone removing the spotlight from her on this matter, so lets not upset her coz I'm sure there is another drive by coming up. :wall:
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby underthegarden » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:My God, most of you guys are useless

I don't even know why half of you even bother going on this site since you have nothing substantive to contribute except your miserable sarcastic bulls*it

I wish I had an answer. Part of me understands why information is being kept secret. They have kids, etc. I have kids, too, so I totally get not wanting to expose them to the media circus. On the other hand, I am pretty curious about who now owns the house. It's a historic home that pretty much everyone who lived through the 70s-80s instantly recognizes. Books written, movies made, the subject of countless documentaries and parodies. It is a very high profile house, so it's just odd that the new owners want to be so low profile.

I'm sure eventually there will be some sort of interview - who they are, why they purchased the house. I was under the impression that the Facebook page that keeps posting new photos is hosted not by the new owners but by other people. Who knows. I am clearly not an insider!
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon May 01, 2017 3:30 pm

"A family with kids" would be all the information I'd need to know to be honest.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby DC Fan » Mon May 01, 2017 3:31 pm

I suspect the true explanation is the simple one.

It is not normal for the new owners of a house to have their identities announced in the papers or to be interviewed on TV. They may end up being listed in public documents, such as a city directory, but there is a lag time.

Amityville people want this house treated as a normal house and are acting accordingly.

As for the larger media in the US, if there aren't enough plane crashes, tornadoes and mass murders to fill up a newscast, there will still be someone in Washington or at the head of a corporation creating a scandal.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 pm

I am curious too OntarioGuy. It will come out eventually. Patience. :)
kathyM
Princess

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed May 03, 2017 6:25 am

It's really none of :) silly dilly :) business really.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby jimmysmokes » Wed May 03, 2017 6:46 am

can't we all just smoke and get along
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am

If we are so useless, then why are you here and why don't you do your own work to find out?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Return to Amityville Discussion