THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS film

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Re: THE AMITYVILLE MURDERS film

Post by Victor_Pascow » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:06 am

...Amityville II: The Possession was at least theatrical and transported you out of reality for 100 minutes, great practical effects, atmospheric, slightly chilling and creepy (well for me as a kid it was!) and dare I say it believable before the internet was a tool to question fact & fiction.

I tell you what is real HORROR....is the artwork for the prequel!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/353 ... exclusive/

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm

I'm sorry guys. On a 2nd rewatch I somehow managed to cast the terrible CGI and acting aside and actually enjoyed it.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Victor_Pascow wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:06 am
...Amityville II: The Possession was at least theatrical and transported you out of reality for 100 minutes, great practical effects, atmospheric, slightly chilling and creepy (well for me as a kid it was!) and dare I say it believable before the internet was a tool to question fact & fiction.

Thanks.

I still like Amity 2: Possession, I actually think it’s better than part 1 and despite the kind of silliness with the ending, held up better. To me it was scarier than the original.

I too think it would be good to see a film done about the DeFeo family without the supernatural angle.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:30 pm
Victor_Pascow wrote:

Thanks.

I still like Amity 2: Possession, I actually think it’s better than part 1 and despite the kind of silliness with the ending, held up better. To me it was scarier than the original.

I too think it would be good to see a film done about the DeFeo family without the supernatural angle.
Nothing silly about it to be honest. Unless you count the discovery that the priest lusts over Diane Franklin. Usually men of the church go for girls much younger!
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:43 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Victor_Pascow wrote:

Thanks.

Nothing silly about it to be honest. Unless you count the discovery that the priest lusts over Diane Franklin. Usually men of the church go for girls much younger!
I thought the scene of Sonny peeling the demons face off him was silly.

Was Fr. Adamski really supposed to be attracted to Patricia? I thought it was just the demon messing with him.

I remember seeing this as a kid in theaters and being scared of what would see when he kept asking the name and Sonny is hiding his face, then being relieved when it was just “Trish”. I was only 7.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:46 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:43 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:

Thanks.

I thought the scene of Sonny peeling the demons face off him was silly.

Was Fr. Adamski really supposed to be attracted to Patricia? I thought it was just the demon messing with him.
Yes. There was an admission of guilt by Adamski in that he had sinned.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Oh, okay, I didn’t even know that. Wow, Adamski, she was a kid, lol.

I wonder what is supposed to have happened to him at the end. Has he become the demon we see in part 3? They just show him praying and then it’s over. I felt sorry for him. You’d think his priest friend would send someone back for him.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:47 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 pm
Oh, okay, I didn’t even know that. Wow, Adamski, she was a kid, lol.

I wonder what is supposed to have happened to him at the end. Has he become the demon we see in part 3? They just show him praying and then it’s over. I felt sorry for him. You’d think his priest friend would send someone back for him.
This is the beauty of these movies. Your suggestion alone breathes new life into watching part 3 again... which can never be a bad thing.

The scene where Susan walks up those stairs sends shivers down my spine.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm

I thought I was the only person who liked Part 3! That’s my favorite. Something about it. I thought it captured a spooky and sad mood.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm
I thought I was the only person who liked Part 3! That’s my favorite. Something about it. I thought it captured a spooky and sad mood.
No. I love it. But then there's only a few recent Amityville movies I haven't loved.

I think 3 is really a movie about depression in its sub-text. Definitely it deals with disassociation. Every key character feels and wants to completely alone at one point.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:34 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm
No. I love it. But then there's only a few recent Amityville movies I haven't loved.

I think 3 is really a movie about depression in its sub-text. Definitely it deals with disassociation. Every key character feels and wants to completely alone at one point.

That’s a good point, I hadn’t thought of it that way but it makes sense.

I still think Emma either cursed Melanie or had a premonition of her death because of the way she says “fire, smoke, can’t breathe”.