Your experience with fortune tellers?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Your experience with fortune tellers?

Postby jecht » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:40 am

I am Catholic, but went to one just b/c I was curious.
I'm adopted and am from the Philippines. The one I went to was one in Columbus, Morse Road, near Karl. She was very interesting--she told me my biological family was the subject of a curse/jealous/evil eye placed on them back home. In the Philippines that's common--lots of local tribes and clans with their own customs. She also told me I'd get a job and 10 days later I got one. I told her very little about myself, having done research before I went there.

A few months later I went back and was like "how in the hell did you know I'd get the job?"

I wanted her to predict whether or not my 2017 Brownies would go 6-10 this year or better, but she would not do that, saying "gambling." If that's the case, they should know the lottery #s and play the lottery. If the Browns win 6 games that'll be a Miracle from God Himself.

It sounds like a bunch of BS. If God Himself gave me those gifts and I knew the lottery #s I'd play without question. It's not that hard.

If it is NOT BS (some of me does believe, as they predicted a few other things in my life that were accurate) then how come they don't take it the next step and really use it for good or, at the very least, big profits (i.e. the lottery?)
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!
jecht
Amityville Member

Re: Your experience with fortune tellers?

Postby Ayko » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 am

Someone else began a similar topic once and I wanted to comment then but I wasn't in the mood. Right now I have no time but, I will say thet, traditionally speaking, accepting money or glory or the like nullifies any true arts & crafts that may be valid in such a practice. For example, Angelina Jolie had Miraval blessed or given a protection spell/rite that were done by fakes that took a lot of money from her and also a lot from others that paid them to curse the area. I would reverse it (for free) if I were them.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby jecht » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:51 am

Ayko wrote:Someone else began a similar topic once and I wanted to comment then but I wasn't in the mood. Right now I have no time but, I will say thet, traditionally speaking, accepting money or glory or the like nullifies any true arts & crafts that may be valid in such a practice. For example, Angelina Jolie had Miraval blessed or given a protection spell/rite that were done by fakes that took a lot of money from her and also a lot from others that paid them to curse the area. I would reverse it (for free) if I were them.

Interesting point! I just thought it was interesting, and her prediction about me getting a job was true, and she didn't know me. So there was some validity to it.

Back in the '70s my mom had a fortune teller at a party. The fortune teller told her she'd be married and adopt a deaf child, and work in a "hearing profession." Years later, she adopted me (I'm partially deaf) and worked for an audiologist!
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!
jecht
Amityville Member

Postby DC Fan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

jecht wrote:A few months later I went back and was like "how in the hell did you know I'd get the job?"

Often they make good guesses based on what they hear or see from you when you think they are just being friendly at the start, even though you might think they don't have enough information. For instance if you seem to be a quiet person who doesn't like large crowds and like having a small number of close friends, I might infer that you prefer to have the TV or radio off when doing other things and you'd be amazed. The inference would be psychological rather than psychic, based on personality psychology started by Jung's theory of types, and have a high probability.

Then again sometimes they just throw something out there because that's what you pay for and sometimes they end up being right. If I guess your astrological sign without knowing your birthday I can get it right about 8% of the time. My mother went to a fortune teller when I was a kid and without meeting me he made two predictions about me that were way off the mark.

Many of these people are smart and understand why statisticians say that lotteries are for people who don't understand math.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Return to Amityville Discussion