The Ghostie Boy photo thread

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Rocco
Amityville Member

The Ghostie Boy photo thread

Post by Rocco » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:02 pm

Hello all,

Well Im trying to find that pic of the boy standing out of the door in the Amitville house, however I can't find it. I was scared of it when I saw it on the History channel today, but can anyone bring me up a picture of the boy that has almost glowing like eyes.

Thanks
Always know your limits

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:56 pm

Welcome to the forum, Rocco!

The picture that you refer to has come to be known as "The Ghost Boy Picture". It is creepy indeed but since it's a Copyrighted image, you won't find it here on this site. Please DO NOT post the pic if and when you find one.

It will be included in a forthcoming book by George Lutz tentatively entitled, "The Amityville Horror Picture Book".

If you're interested, here's how George explains that photo:

"The first time that picture was shown was on the Merv Griffin show back in 1979. It was discovered 3 years after it was taken. Gene Campbell, who was a professional photographer, was brought into the house in 1976 when the Warrens went in with their team. He set up an automatic camera on the 2nd floor landing that shot off infrared film, black and white, throughout the night. There are literally rolls of film with nothing on them. There's only one picture of the little boy. In 1979, I was putting together a book that has yet to be published that included the photographs. The secretary I had at the time was about eight months pregnant. We had dozens of these pictures to choose from that didn't have the boy, and she asked me: "Which one should we put in the book?" I told her to just pick one. She came running back into my office about 5 minutes later saying that every time she picked up the photograph with the boy, the baby kicked her. We then asked my kids if they knew who this was. Missy said it was the little boy she used to play with in the house. I then called the Warrens and the photographer and let them know about the picture."

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/amityville.htm
Last edited by BillyCigars on Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocco
Amityville Member

Post by Rocco » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:47 pm

Thanks Billy,

However the photo dosen't show up for some reason. i think its cause Lutz took it off from the site.
Always know your limits

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:28 pm

No problem, Rocco.
"However the photo dosen't show up for some reason. i think its cause Lutz took it off from the site."
Thats because it's a Copyrighted image. Ghoststudy removed the picture out of regard for copyright law.

As an aside, Jim Eaton, the guy who runs Ghoststudy, is a real class act. His site is very informative and well put-together.

Alley Cat
Amityville Member

re:

Post by Alley Cat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:09 pm

I came across that picture on Ghost Study about a year ago and it is creepy!!!!! :shock:

jjb06
Amityville Member

Post by jjb06 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:13 pm

The boy photo looks like a mixture of a old person and a kid all in one. I guess demons can't make themselves 100 percent beautiful. Always a giveaway. I don't think manifesting into something physical is one of their main strenghts. It's more manipulating behind the scenes and making noises and such.

Azura
Amityville Member

Post by Azura » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:26 pm

Ok...I'm doing you guys a favor...Cause this picture nearly sent me into a spasm...*sigh* No sleep for me tonight...

ADMIN EDIT: Removed Copyrighted Images

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:33 pm

Azura,

I apologize but I had to edit your post. :(

If you have the pictures of the Ghost Boy, great. Please don't post them on the forum since they are Copyrighted and owned by George Lutz and we do not have his permission to post them.

We would ask that no one from here on out posts those pics. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
Last edited by BillyCigars on Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Azura
Amityville Member

Post by Azura » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:34 pm

Sorry...^^;;;; Can I post the site?

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:36 pm

Not on this forum, no.

We encourage people to check out the History's Mysteries Documentaries for the image. Also, they will be appearing in the forthcoming book by George Lutz.

Thanks for your cooperation, it is very much appreciated :)

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Re: Boy with Glowing Eyes in the House

Post by CMite » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:47 pm

Rocco wrote: Well Im trying to find that pic of the boy standing out of the door in the Amitville house, however I can't find it. I was scared of it when I saw it on the History channel today
Scared of the ghost of a little boy? Come on, ya wuss. I've seen the History Channel show too...the kid looks like Casper with clothes. If he ever came down the hall trying to scare me, I'd just shove him out of the way.

Rocco
Amityville Member

Post by Rocco » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Yeah I'm sure you would just shove it out of the way. Thats just what you would do bub.

Anyone here, whether they like it or not would get the :) flower :) scared out of them if they saw that boy in real life. Cmite you would be on the ground scared if you saw it, and so would I. You act like you would do that, however if you were in one of the Lutz's prediciments you would not just shove it out of the way
Always know your limits

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Post by CMite » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:59 pm

It's true, I would be a little freaked out. I'm just teasing; I do that from time to time.

Rocco
Amityville Member

Post by Rocco » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:01 pm

Its all good. Sry I freaked out
Always know your limits

beanbagbreath
TOWN DRUNK
Location: Ashy Larry... Marcy Projects... Marcy son... WHAT!!!

Post by beanbagbreath » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:05 pm

BillyCigars wrote:
It will be included in a forthcoming book by George Lutz tentatively entitled, "The Amityville Horror Picture Book".

When will this be? Why the slowness in finishing this? I think with all the hoopla pertaining to the remake, that would have been a perfect time to get his story out there.

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:48 pm

Why the slowness in finishing this?
Ya gotta keep in mind a couple of things:

Frankly, his health sucks these days. Plus, he's old (LOL j/k). Also, he has important legal matters to tend to, family issues, a wife, and various other more pressing projects.

Releasing the Picture Book to coincide with the Remake would have been great--I agree; it just didn't work out like that :(

redsun24
DeepFromTheSun

Post by redsun24 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:31 pm

Im so looking forward to that book....George has shared some of the pictures at conventions and from what i understand some of those photos are mind blowing!!!! :shock:

Cemetery Man
Amityville Member

Post by Cemetery Man » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:33 pm

I also watched the two part documentary on the history channel, until just a few days ago i thought the amityville horror was just a movie. Since i watched the documentary i have become a amityville horror addict! I also cannot find that picture anywhere on the web myself. I will most definately buy george's book when it comes out, and i am going to try and find the original amityville horror books to read. Great site you have here george!

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:49 am

:roll:
Last edited by Littlelukey on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocco
Amityville Member

Post by Rocco » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:33 am

Yeah that is what I thought at first, but I want to see the pic again so I can get more time to look at it.
Always know your limits

FairyMagic
Amityville Member

Post by FairyMagic » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:00 pm

Ed & Lorraine Warren's new Amityville page has the pic posted. Atleast it did yesterday when I visited the site. If I was incorrect for posting this I apologize.