The Ghostie Boy photo thread

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: The Ghostie Boy photo thread

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 am

If Missy was wrong, it could be completely understandable.

The original photo that she saw is quite different from the images we see on the Internet. In the original photo, the figure of the ghost boy is very tiny and hard to see in the background. A lot of us are used to seeing a cropped image of an extreme close-up -- and that's not what Missy saw that night. She saw the original, which probably made the figure look even more like a child.

So seeing a photo of a child in the house (with the child being hard to make out) could have made her think it was the same one she experienced 3 years earlier. And 3 years is a long time for a child, moving from age 5 to 8.

As for George, he and his family have just been through a traumatic haunting and a lot of weird stuff was still happening (though to a lesser extent). When faced with his secretary's story of her baby kicking every time she touched this one photo, and the almost-hidden figure behind the stairway railing, I can totally see why he would believe it was something "not normal." I certainly don't fault either of them for thinking this was a ghost.

I think it's Paul (especially after his pseudo-confession), but even though the evidence seems very strong in support of this, we still could be wrong. We shouldn't make the mistake of jumping to conclusions. That happens a lot with people on both sides of this case, and it causes real trouble when you use a false pretense as a foundation for further theories...

csullivan
Amityville Addict

Post by csullivan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 am

thanks for explaining it dan i appreciate it i understand what you are saying and i should have not been so lazy and gone thru the entire thread before i posted anything :(

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:58 am

Not a problem. But yes, it irritates me sometimes when people can't be bothered to read through a thread (or do a search) especially when they expect others to rewrite stuff which they took a lot of time writing on a previous occasion. But whatever. I'm human, and I'll get over it.

But if you simply typed the word "Missy" in the "search this topic" box (above), you would have easily found what you were looking for.

csullivan
Amityville Addict

Post by csullivan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:52 am

i never see that search button when i get on here....do yall hide it from me or what ;) .....i see what you are saying and thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:58 am

Hey Dan, I get the same thing - a bit of advice is don't ever post on AboveTopSecret.com. :lol: Pages and pages of UFO threads with grainy, pixellated UFO videos, which are successfully debunked by page 2, but from page 3 onwards you get pages of "Haha, debunkers are noticeably absent from this thread! :D", as if nothing had ever happened.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:45 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Hey Dan, I get the same thing - a bit of advice is don't ever post on AboveTopSecret.com. :lol: Pages and pages of UFO threads with grainy, pixellated UFO videos, which are successfully debunked by page 2, but from page 3 onwards you get pages of "Haha, debunkers are noticeably absent from this thread! :D", as if nothing had ever happened.
LOL, been there, done that.

csullivan
Amityville Addict

Post by csullivan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:59 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Hey Dan, I get the same thing - a bit of advice is don't ever post on AboveTopSecret.com. :lol: Pages and pages of UFO threads with grainy, pixellated UFO videos, which are successfully debunked by page 2, but from page 3 onwards you get pages of "Haha, debunkers are noticeably absent from this thread! :D", as if nothing had ever happened.
LOL, been there, done that.
what is this all about

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:11 am

It's a UFO/paranormal website:

For example...

http://abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread693416/pg1

AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Has the book been published yet?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 pm

No it hasn't, and doubtful it ever will be. The dream died with George.

AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Aww that's too bad. Thanks for letting me know.

jcamden81
Amityville Member

The Real Ghost Boy?

Post by jcamden81 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:33 pm

I've frequented this board for years but never actually made an account to post until today because I felt like I had something worth sharing. I've looked at a lot of old posts and have seen a couple of people mention this but I've never seen the below pictures posted here before. I was watching a doc on youtube called The Real Amityville Horror, im not sure where it originated from but you can find it here: http://youtu.be/H2yec5OE9w8

At this point in the doc they are explaining how the Warrens, a reporter and a camera crew, etc. were exploring the house and have a seance after the Lutz's left and how they didn't get anything concrete besides this 'ghost boy' picture. I've seen many times people dissecting this picture of the ghost boy but what I've never seen before that I saw in this youtube video was of a guy that was part of the camera crew.

If you look at the print of his shirt it looks a lot like the print that appears to be on the 'ghost boy' that you can see inbetween the banister of the stairs.

On other sites and videos I've seen the 'ghost boy' side by side with the picture of Marc Defeo's portrait as proof that it's his ghost. The problem with that is that the portrait was at least two or three years old and by looking at the crime scene photos anyone can see that Marc's hair was longer and a different style than in the portrait.

This man in the picture next to the guy with the camera definitely has a youthful looking face, definitely more youthful than anyone else that was there that night the picture was taken. And if you look at his hair and where his hair is parted high up on his forehead it's almost identical to that of 'ghost boy'. Could this man have needed to get on his knees for a certain reason, to get a shot or hold the mic a certain way? Or was it inentional as the news reporter that was there that night states they didn't find anything distinctly paranormal that they could show their viewers?

I tend to believe this man is the 'ghost boy' consider he's clearly not either of the boys that were killed in the house, and if you believe the mediums or Missy Lutz they only ever described the spirits that resided there as demons, indian chiefs and flying pigs.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Welcome to the board!

I removed the Ghost Boy pic from your post as it's under copyright, as probably are the other two, but I'll allow them as they're cropped and from video...

But PLEASE do not post any more, thank you!

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:30 pm

That's a pretty interesting find. In regards to your question, I think the picture was taken by accident and simply catched his movement - this explains a few things like the 'shining eyes' effect followed by the slight blurriness in his (already) younger-looking appearance. Maybe he was just testing the camera out, or maybe he was searching for something which involved kneeling down?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

Interesting..now we have suspect number two! :clap:

bobbo
Amityville Addict

Post by bobbo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Still a great read, and a record-setting thread on the boards, after all of this time. I so, SO love the community and the wealth of information available here. And for the record, I still think it's "something else" captured on film that we're looking at.

Longest-running thread on the whole board, still--that's a marvel, and we STILL don't have a damned Amityville photo-journal-book on the damned coffee table! Dammit.
What the Hell are we standing here listening to?

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 pm

bobbo wrote: And for the record, I still think it's "something else" captured on film that we're looking at.

The "something else" is Paul Bartz.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 pm

msmart112 wrote:
bobbo wrote: And for the record, I still think it's "something else" captured on film that we're looking at.

The "something else" is Paul Bartz.

When I saw this photo for the very first time it gave me chills down the back of my spine. Soon after that, I learned that it was also the bedroom of Marc and John, making me more certain it was a ghost of one of the boys. However, the information we have seen here is now making me think that it is Paul. I wonder if George had the same suspicions and if it was the reason George did not make this photo his smoking gun. And that in turn makes me a hell of a lot more certain that George and Kathy did not lie. And this is not the only "proof" that imo, George and Kathy presented to the world. I will say though, Kathy's statements on the 700 club and the front door still gives me pause. Was she simply exaggerating? I mean, it happens naturally to someone that was freaked out at the time, right? :think:

*ETA Italics are not working. jfyi.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Shawn wrote:Soon after that, I learned that it was also the bedroom of Marc and John, making me more certain it was a ghost of one of the boys.
It was Allison's room!

However, Missy claimed "Jodie" hung out in there with her.

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Shawn wrote:*ETA Italics are not working. jfyi.
Actually they are but the poster didn't "close" the italics tag properly which is why it showed up as words. ;)
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Has the police report ever turned up regarding the front door incident? Is it possible to hunt this down?
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz