There is NO proof of a haunting

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

There is NO proof of a haunting

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 am

There is NO proof of a haunting.

Where is this "evidence" you have to support it?

The Amityville Horror was debunked long ago. Obviously you haven't been aware of that fact.

Tell you what. Why don't you go read up on the claims and stories, do some research, become familiar with it.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: Roxanne Kaplan Slanders This Forum

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:59 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 am
The Amityville Horror was debunked long ago.
While I agree that there is no proof that the haunting took place, you are incorrect when you say the haunting has been debunked.

If you feel that way, that's fine. But you're wrong.

The whole thing is in a state of limbo -- no proof either way. Just a lot of theories.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 am

:lol:

Must be a ghost poster here, I don't see him.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:59 am
While I agree that there is no proof that the haunting took place, you are incorrect when you say the haunting has been debunked.

If you feel that way, that's fine. But you're wrong.

The whole thing is in a state of limbo -- no proof either way. Just a lot of theories.
No, I'm not wrong. What parts have not been debunked? "Ghosts" do not haunt houses. People do not levitate. Pigs do not take spirit form and fly around houses. Doors do not get blown out from the inside left to hang. Spirit marching bands do not practice during the night in living rooms. Portals to hell do not exist inside houses. Spirits do not mess up phone lines. Indian chiefs do not haunt houses. Spirit hooded figures with half blown off faces do not stand at the top of staircases and point. Spirits don't knock on doors. Spirits do not tamper with car ignitions. Demons don't ask one to stop praying inside of their homes. Spirits do not cause one to cut wood and make fires. Jello does not appear in keyholes or ooze out walls. Spirits do not cause children to fight or talk back to parents. Spirits do not cause diarrhea or vomiting. Spirits do not slap priests and tell them to get out.

Now if you think that any of the above mentioned truly happened or does happen, we need to get you committed to the psychiatric ward in a hospital because there is something wrong with you.

Limbo? What is limbo? Is that a place? Let's toss that in up there in the above too.

You've been asleep in that medieval cave too long. It's time to wake up. And you're gonna wake up on this bitter truth!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 pm
You've been asleep in that medieval cave too long. It's time to wake up. And you're gonna wake up on this bitter truth!
So which part of the Amityville story interests you?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm

The story itself interests me. I find the Lutz family interesting. I do enjoy listening to their interviews. If someone writes a book about them (TNTDD or My Sisters Keeper) I want to read it. I was interested in My Amityville Horror. I find the actual house interesting, well as it was back in the 70's.

I'm interested in The Defeo's and The Lutz's.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:36 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm
The story itself interests me. I find the Lutz family interesting. I do enjoy listening to their interviews. If someone writes a book about them (TNTDD or My Sisters Keeper) I want to read it. I was interested in My Amityville Horror. I find the actual house interesting, well as it was back in the 70's.

I agree the personalities and setting involved are both endlessly fascinating. I'm extremely interested in the whole case and have been for decades. These days I approach the case more from the angle of a modern myth than that of legitimate paranormal activity. Someday (the fates willing) I plan to publish a book which will be an in-depth exploration of Amityville as an urban legend and how it became that way (inspired by an excellent book I read published in 1997 about the Rosewell "UFO Crash").
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
"Ghosts" do not haunt houses. People do not levitate. Pigs do not take spirit form and fly around houses. Doors do not get blown out from the inside left to hang. Spirit marching bands do not practice during the night in living rooms. Portals to hell do not exist inside houses. Spirits do not mess up phone lines. Indian chiefs do not haunt houses. Spirit hooded figures with half blown off faces do not stand at the top of staircases and point. Spirits don't knock on doors. Spirits do not tamper with car ignitions. Demons don't ask one to stop praying inside of their homes. Spirits do not cause one to cut wood and make fires. Jello does not appear in keyholes or ooze out walls. Spirits do not cause children to fight or talk back to parents. Spirits do not cause diarrhea or vomiting. Spirits do not slap priests and tell them to get out.
Are you saying that ghosts and spirits exist, but they do not partake of the activities you list here?

Or are you saying that ghosts and spirits don't exist at all?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:51 am

This is gold! :lol:
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
"Ghosts" do not haunt houses. People do not levitate. Pigs do not take spirit form and fly around houses. Doors do not get blown out from the inside left to hang. Spirit marching bands do not practice during the night in living rooms. Portals to hell do not exist inside houses. Spirits do not mess up phone lines. Indian chiefs do not haunt houses. Spirit hooded figures with half blown off faces do not stand at the top of staircases and point. Spirits don't knock on doors. Spirits do not tamper with car ignitions. Demons don't ask one to stop praying inside of their homes. Spirits do not cause one to cut wood and make fires. Jello does not appear in keyholes or ooze out walls. Spirits do not cause children to fight or talk back to parents. Spirits do not cause diarrhea or vomiting. Spirits do not slap priests and tell them to get out.
Are you saying that ghosts and spirits exist, but they do not partake of the activities you list here?

Or are you saying that ghosts and spirits don't exist at all?
Well, I believe in a creator (God). I believe that humans do have souls and when they die they enter the spirit world. I cannot prove that. As far as ghosts, no I don't believe they exist. Spirits at work in this world? Sure, to an extent. But as to what I listed up top, (the partaking in the activities I listed) no they do not do silliness like that.

I believe in some of the bible. It says that after Jesus was crucified and died, the dead got up and walked from their graves around the city. Umm, no, I got to disagree with that. The dead don't come back to life in this world!

Because I read a book that is supposed to be "true" does not mean I just take it on face value and run with it. Common sense prevails with me and my personal feelings or emotions I might have for characters involved does not in anyway cloud my judgment or thinking.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:36 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm

I agree the personalities and setting involved are both endlessly fascinating. I'm extremely interested in the whole case and have been for decades. These days I approach the case more from the angle of a modern myth than that of legitimate paranormal activity. Someday (the fates willing) I plan to publish a book which will be an in-depth exploration of Amityville as an urban legend and how it became that way (inspired by an excellent book I read published in 1997 about the Rosewell "UFO Crash").
I think that is an excellent way to approach the case. Hopefully your book will see the light of day.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 am
Because I read a book that is supposed to be "true" does not mean I just take it on face value and run with it.
Unless that book is The Bible, apparently.

You believe a great magic man in the sky created the universe, but you do not believe a spirit or demon would knock on a door. Gotcha.

:fp:

So, in essence, you are saying that the Amityville Horror was debunked long ago because you don't believe in ghosts, although you do believe in spirits (but you feel they don't do certain things).

Okay. That might explain why you don't "believe" in the haunting. But it does not explain how the haunting was debunked (as you claimed).

And BTW, a lot of the items you mentioned in your list of "spirits dos and dont's" are misinformation -- things that were claimed by others, not the Lutzes. How long have you been a member here? And you don't know what was claimed by the Lutzes and what was claimed by other people?

Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:59 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Limbo? What is limbo? Is that a place? Let's toss that in up there in the above too.
The story of the haunting can not be proven as true, and (so far) no one has been able to prove it was a hoax. Therefore, it can't really be classified as "true" or "false." It lies somewhere in-between. In a state of limbo. "Limbo" being defined as "an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition."

Man, if you're too lazy to look up a word (that you don't understand) in Google, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you don't know the details of "who said what" as it pertains to the Lutz haunting. But nevermind. You just go ahead and claim that it's been debunked, anyway.

Nice to see you don't take people's claims at face value (unless it's the people who falsely claim the haunting was proven as a hoax)...

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Wow, you absolutely destroyed him, man. Go easy! He may wake up tomorrow to find he's the next ghost in the house. :lol:

I hope prolonged soft drug use doesn't effect young minds in the afterlife. :fp:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm

No I don't take the bible and run with it. On the contrary I provided a piece suggesting that some of it is nonsense. You skip that part or shall I repeat it to you?

No I don't believe spirits knock on doors. I also don't believe fairies collect teeth and put money under pillows. But I'm sure if Missy found a dollar under her pillow and credited it to the tooth fairy (while in the house, and George & Kathy said it happened), you'd buy it regardless. Btw, that hoax can't be proven either so you can believe it.

Yes, I do believe their story was debunked or it did not occur and no I do not believe in ghosts. If I recite this about 50 more times for you, will it suffice for you?

Misinformation? Claims made by others, not by the Lutzes themselves? Ok. Let's take a look. One of the George & Kathy's claims were that their heavy front door was blown off its hinges from the inside caused by the demonic forces. Kathy even confirmed this in an interview in the nineties. Remember folks, this was checked out by the authorities and repairman who could not explain it? A few years ago Mr. Christopher Lutz gave an interview in which he stated that this actual event never actually happened! HUH WHAT? You get that Dan? Chris is calling his mom a liar. And looky looky I didn't even have to resort to Weber or the Kaplans to show here that someone in the Lutz family has been telling fibbies! But I'll leave that to you Dan. Love to see how you get around this one? And btw I can pull up more of this fibbing & contradiction nonsense. You let me know when you're ready.

Thanks for your info on Limbo. But the case does not hang in Limbo. One either believes it or does not. And why would I take their claims at face value? They themselves (as I have showed on this very forum time and time again) CANNOT get their own claims (stories) straight. Don't need others and their claims when I have the Lutzes themselves. And yes, if the haunting cannot be proven then one need not prove a hoax... foot in mouth BAM

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm
Wow, you absolutely destroyed him, man. Go easy! He may wake up tomorrow to find he's the next ghost in the house. :lol:

I hope prolonged soft drug use doesn't effect young minds in the afterlife. :fp:
No he didn't destroy me he just got his arse handed to him on a platter! An education free of charge. So dig in and have a bite.

But do continue to show up on this forum. We all get a kick out watching you make a bigger fool out of yourself than what God made out of you...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:35 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm
Yes, I do believe their story was debunked or it did not occur
And that is the whole problem right there. You not believing the story took place is NOT the same as it being debunked.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:35 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm
Yes, I do believe their story was debunked or it did not occur
And that is the whole problem right there. You not believing the story took place is NOT the same as it being debunked.
Oh you mean their claims in their story! Ah yes. My bad. They did live in that house for 28 days. Or two weeks depending on which "story" one chooses to go with. :roll:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Stay with me, now. Try to understand.

"I don't believe the haunting took place"

...is not the same as...

"The haunting was debunked long ago."

Do you see the difference?

Just because you feel the haunting was a hoax does not mean there is proof of it being a hoax. If there is proof, then let us know.

Simply declaring "it was debunked" does not make it so.

So put up or shut up. Give us the proof that it was debunked.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:47 pm
Stay with me, now. Try to understand.

"I don't believe the haunting took place"

...is not the same as...

"The haunting was debunked long ago."

Do you see the difference?

Just because you feel the haunting was a hoax does not mean there is proof of it being a hoax. If there is proof, then let us know.

Simply declaring "it was debunked" does not make it so.

So put up or shut up. Give us the proof that it was debunked.
Ok. I don't believe the haunting took place. I don't believe the ever was. I don't believe it ever happened. That suffice?

Debunking now. Ok. There were certain parties involved with the George & Kathy who went on record as saying that they had a plan to have a book written based on their experiences in the house, even before they lived in the house, while they were living in the house. Ok, you following. They made calls to certain parties to have the house investigated only to drop these certain parties after finding out they couldn't be bought. You still following? When George & Kathy got the deal they wanted (book) they cut loose the other parties involved. Then disappeared to the other side of the country. Nice time to cut and run btw. Anyway, the certain party whom they gave their story to and turn into a book did not one shred of investigation into their claims and wrote a book sensationalized to promote many claims that actually did not happen proving the story was not true after all. Now a certain party who knew that their claims were bogus all along exposed many of the falsehoods and outright lies in his own book years later, and was exposing it after the book came out for years. George & Kathy's responses to all this? "Well some of the things didn't actually happen that way", and "well when Danny smashed his hand we didn't really take him to the hospital". "And we can't explain ourselves really what went on now", "but something really did happen in our house"?

Yeah whatever sure. Now I showed you your debunking and no it wasn't debunked by me. The people that were directly in contact with George & Kathy exposed it. Now for those of you on here that do not like these parties that were involved with them because they exposed the haunting as fraud (and it's a source ass burn for you) I do not give a SH!T. Go deal with it! It's simply your problem.

Now Dan I've answered this for the last time! Now it's your turn to prove a haunting. Give us proof that it happened. Put up or shut up. And I want an answer on what I posted earlier dealing with the door being blown off its hinges! Which one of the Lutzes is lying? And if one or two of them are lying about that incident, is it possible they were lying about others? :pray:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:08 pm
There were certain parties involved with the George & Kathy who went on record as saying that they had a plan to have a book written based on their experiences in the house, even before they lived in the house
The only person who claimed they had the idea before living in the house, was Geraldine in Ric's book. And I thought you were no fan of that book?
They made calls to certain parties to have the house investigated only to drop these certain parties after finding out they couldn't be bought.
Kaplan? It was him who called off the investigation after Lutz postponed it!
When George & Kathy got the deal they wanted (book) they cut loose the other parties involved.
They stopped dealing with William Weber before they met Jay Anson.
Now a certain party who knew that their claims were bogus all along exposed many of the falsehoods and outright lies in his own book years later, and was exposing it after the book came out for years.

Now I showed you your debunking and no it wasn't debunked by me. The people that were directly in contact with George & Kathy exposed it.
Again Kaplan - but his book isn't based on things he directly knows. The bulk deals with comparing newspaper & magazine articles leading up to Jay Anson's book and listing the discrepancies, while never taking into account the Lutzes were never involved in them, but William Weber and his partner Paul Hoffman were.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:38 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:08 pm
There were certain parties involved with the George & Kathy who went on record as saying that they had a plan to have a book written based on their experiences in the house, even before they lived in the house
The only person who claimed they had the idea before living in the house, was Geraldine in Ric's book. And I thought you were no fan of that book?
They made calls to certain parties to have the house investigated only to drop these certain parties after finding out they couldn't be bought.
Kaplan? It was him who called off the investigation after Lutz postponed it!
When George & Kathy got the deal they wanted (book) they cut loose the other parties involved.
They stopped dealing with William Weber before they met Jay Anson.
Now a certain party who knew that their claims were bogus all along exposed many of the falsehoods and outright lies in his own book years later, and was exposing it after the book came out for years.

Now I showed you your debunking and no it wasn't debunked by me. The people that were directly in contact with George & Kathy exposed it.
Again Kaplan - but his book isn't based on things he directly knows. The bulk deals with comparing newspaper & magazine articles leading up to Jay Anson's book and listing the discrepancies, while never taking into account the Lutzes were never involved in them, but William Weber and his partner Paul Hoffman were.
No you are misinformed Geraldine was not the only one made that claim. You need to go back and do your homework. And she was not the one(s) I was referring to at all!

And this debate is between Dan and I at the moment. I want an answer from him on what I asked. I'll be happy to answer you back on what you wrote here but not until he answers my question. Fair enough?