There is NO proof of a haunting

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: There is NO proof of a haunting

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:07 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:35 am
By complaint you meant me reporting others breaking the rules, on your own forum? Before you clarified there kinda are no rules on this forum at all.

It's not really my issue if you're allowing others to use words like "retard", "asshat" to debate. Let's not forget the constant abuse TC1 gets about his Alison Defeo haunting. Again, you did nothing. You're protected by the fact the subject matter is very niche and has a dedicated audience like myself, but this forum looks like garbage to newcomers because of the toxic members of this community you blindly protect.

And there are those that can debate no truth in the Amityville haunting without using said insults. No issue with that, again not my issue. However no one has proven it, and once said insults are used instead of logic, pro-haunting wins.
Don't try to worm your way out of this by changing the issue. I told you many times before that you are just as much of a jerk to others as they are to you. You asked me for examples. And when I show you this particular example, instead of owning up to it, you deflect and try to change the issue.

All I am saying is that you can put away your victim card now. No one is falling for it.

Matt9290 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 am
Ironically you are one of the most toxic member! You attack anyone who disagrees with you... You never put forward a counter argument, but simply resort name calling and accuse people of being trolls. Your research and arguments are none existent and quite frankly you just annoy most people on here.
I kinda agree with what Matt says (to a certain extent). You might not have thick-enough skin to be a member here. This isn't a place for those who flip-out whenever their personal beliefs are put into question. I mean, that seems to be what's going on here. It seems to me that when you can't defend your position in an argument, you resort to name-calling.

And, as I've said before, you seem to hold on to this false notion that this forum is an "us against them" setup, where non-believers are mocked and then quickly banned before they can make an argument against the haunting. Frankly, we don't need your comments of "Dan told you" or "Sherb sure got the best of you." Because that's not what we're doing. Sure, we're arguing our positions, but we welcome counter-arguments at the same time. Neither "side" can figure out what went down if we're arguing in a vacuum. That's the mistake Osuna and Katzenbach made.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm

In all honesty, as much as I enjoy reading the posts here and learning something new (or at least be entertained), it took only a few days to realize that Amit Y Ville is the most toxic hypocrite I have come across in a forum in quite a long time. It’s amusing, but also sad. At least others have something to contribute, regardless of their views. Amit Y Ville is exactly why some people don’t bother sharing. Not name calling, just telling it like I see it. This person’s mind is superglued shut and don’t you dare have a different opinion or cry baby/victim mode ensues. Don't you dare use facts - they mean nothing, and if you are dumb enough to speculate, how dare you, Amit Y Ville gonna shoot you down and insult you backhand style while at the same time whining for justice. The hypocrisy is like reading the Sunday comics once a week. Good for a laugh then quickly forgotten.

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm
In all honesty, as much as I enjoy reading the posts here and learning something new (or at least be entertained), it took only a few days to realize that Amit Y Ville is the most toxic hypocrite I have come across in a forum in quite a long time.
I agree 100%.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

devilbustedinct wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:22 pm
Amit Y Ville is exactly why some people don’t bother sharing.
That's interesting. I've not posted for around two weeks and here is a screenshot I took yesterday.

https://i.ibb.co/4W61sTJ/Screenshot-201 ... Chrome.jpg

No posts on this entire board for five entire days.

Kinda makes your hypothesis a bit weak, no? That's not an "insult", btw. Just prevents you from making things up.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:24 pm

Interesting. You might be right after all. Let's try another test -- you know, just to make sure. Don't post for a whole year and we'll see how many other people post during that time.

Looking forward to seeing the results!

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Let's try another test -- you know, just to make sure. Don't post for a whole year and we'll see how many other people post during that time.
That would be awesome! :dance:

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:25 am

I think most of us prefer quality over quantity :hand:
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:41 pm

Matt9290 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:25 am
I think most of us prefer quality over quantity :hand:
:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:24 am

msmart112 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 pm
Dan the Damned wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Let's try another test -- you know, just to make sure. Don't post for a whole year and we'll see how many other people post during that time.
That would be awesome! :dance:
I knew there were positive vibes here. Ha.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 am

It does not prove a haunting, but I will submit for consideration that I had stumbled upon some level of proof against the hoax theorist. In this forum in response to JimmySmokes:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 3&start=63
DC Fan wrote:It's not that simple because there has to be a timeline on these events. The Lutzes did three things:
1. Objecting to the press conference, to which you just admitted.
2. They decided, whether telling Weber or not, to not sign on with him.
3. A friend who knew Tam Mossman arranged for an offer from Prentice Hall.

But in what exact order? If these events did happen in this order then they did not as you proclaim reject Weber's offer "upon learning they could make a bit more money on that fairy tale".

In an interview with Lou Gentle, presumably without any prior knowledge that he would need to describe things in this way, George states here:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/intlgps.html#moss

"Well that was probably one of the biggest mistakes we ever made – even trying to help Ronald DeFeo – because this guy was only interested in doing books and movies about the murders, and he was not interested in helping his client in that manner.

Eventually he came back to Kathy and I with a contract that is about 3/4 of an inch of paper, where he wanted us to do books and movies with him about this, and he wanted us to give him the house – donate the house to this corporation he was gonna form. And I still have this contract – this proposed contract from him. He wanted us to donate the house to him and all the contents and agree that for the rest of our lives we would appear anytime that he decided we should appear – and we would talk about this on cue. But also that if we at any time told – said – anything that wasn't the truth, that we would receive no benefit from doing this.

So on the one hand he was making us swear to the truth, that everything we had told him was the truth – and that was the reason why he was interested in doing this. On the other hand, he was going to control our lives one way or the other, either economically or physically even. And that was just an unconscionable kind of idea to become an indentured servant to someone who hadn't even – didn't even know what we were talking about – who had no real belief in anything that we had been through in terms of his own experience – his own personal experience. He obviously believed us, because he put this contract together in such a way that he thought it was commercially viable.

A friend of mine who sold textbooks to colleges looked at this and said, "I know someone who you should talk to before you ever consider such a thing." I said, "Well we're not even considering this – this is just an absurd idea," but he introduced us then to Tam Mossman who was an editor at Prentice-Hall Books – Prentice Hall Trade Division." [emphasis added]

So it here at least looks like the Lutzes decided against Weber's offer before having any knowledge that they could get any other offer.
Does this prove a haunting? Certainly not. It also does not prove that exaggerations or outright fabrications were not made either.

I do however think that if accepted it shows the Lutzes were not planning a book at the time they left the Amityville house, contrary to the narrative of the hoax theorist. It should especially be troubling for those who think it was logical for an aspiring story teller Lutz to go to criminal defense lawyer, just like when you have a toothache of course you go see your plumber!

It proves it about as much as a negative can be proven, which is never absolutely.

I think the hoax theorist needs some narrative of why the Lutzes left the house after only 28 days. And even if that other narrative about financial trouble had any validity, who the hell moves out, without putting the house up for sale, prior to even the first missed payment?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm

DC Fan wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 am
It does not prove a haunting, but I will submit for consideration that I had stumbled upon some level of proof against the hoax theorist. In this forum in response to JimmySmokes:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... 3&start=63
DC Fan wrote:It's not that simple because there has to be a timeline on these events. The Lutzes did three things:
1. Objecting to the press conference, to which you just admitted.
2. They decided, whether telling Weber or not, to not sign on with him.
3. A friend who knew Tam Mossman arranged for an offer from Prentice Hall.

But in what exact order? If these events did happen in this order then they did not as you proclaim reject Weber's offer "upon learning they could make a bit more money on that fairy tale".

In an interview with Lou Gentle, presumably without any prior knowledge that he would need to describe things in this way, George states here:

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/intlgps.html#moss

"Well that was probably one of the biggest mistakes we ever made – even trying to help Ronald DeFeo – because this guy was only interested in doing books and movies about the murders, and he was not interested in helping his client in that manner.

Eventually he came back to Kathy and I with a contract that is about 3/4 of an inch of paper, where he wanted us to do books and movies with him about this, and he wanted us to give him the house – donate the house to this corporation he was gonna form. And I still have this contract – this proposed contract from him. He wanted us to donate the house to him and all the contents and agree that for the rest of our lives we would appear anytime that he decided we should appear – and we would talk about this on cue. But also that if we at any time told – said – anything that wasn't the truth, that we would receive no benefit from doing this.

So on the one hand he was making us swear to the truth, that everything we had told him was the truth – and that was the reason why he was interested in doing this. On the other hand, he was going to control our lives one way or the other, either economically or physically even. And that was just an unconscionable kind of idea to become an indentured servant to someone who hadn't even – didn't even know what we were talking about – who had no real belief in anything that we had been through in terms of his own experience – his own personal experience. He obviously believed us, because he put this contract together in such a way that he thought it was commercially viable.

A friend of mine who sold textbooks to colleges looked at this and said, "I know someone who you should talk to before you ever consider such a thing." I said, "Well we're not even considering this – this is just an absurd idea," but he introduced us then to Tam Mossman who was an editor at Prentice-Hall Books – Prentice Hall Trade Division." [emphasis added]

So it here at least looks like the Lutzes decided against Weber's offer before having any knowledge that they could get any other offer.
Does this prove a haunting? Certainly not. It also does not prove that exaggerations or outright fabrications were not made either.

I do however think that if accepted it shows the Lutzes were not planning a book at the time they left the Amityville house, contrary to the narrative of the hoax theorist. It should especially be troubling for those who think it was logical for an aspiring story teller Lutz to go to criminal defense lawyer, just like when you have a toothache of course you go see your plumber!

It proves it about as much as a negative can be proven, which is never absolutely.

I think the hoax theorist needs some narrative of why the Lutzes left the house after only 28 days. And even if that other narrative about financial trouble had any validity, who the hell moves out, without putting the house up for sale, prior to even the first missed payment?
This interview was in 2003 for cripes sake! Most of it sounds like bs from George (indentured servant :fp: ) to make it look like he & Kathy were being led around on a leash by Weber from the start. They knew damn well who Ronnie was at that time and knew Weber was his attorney. "One of the biggest mistakes we made", GET OUT OF HERE MAN! Hell, if it wasn't for the murders, none of this crap would have happened. Ronnie Defeo helped them to proceed with their haunting nonsense, not to mention the other crackpots that came along for the ride over the years.

"I knew the Lutzes were unstable" - quote from Ronnie himself. Yeah, I wonder how he knew or how much?

And if you read in the interview you listed it didn't take long or much persuading George & Kathy on the "absurdity" of doing a book. Not to mention recording 45 hours of "recollections" just to have for their personal record that soon after just happened to get turned over to Jay Anson? :clap:

You claim that the "hoax theorist" needs some narrative concerning why they left after 28 days? Some of us don't believe they were in there even that long. And the reason why they didn't put the house up for sale after moving out is obvious. That would've involved a realtor going into the house and showing it to others huh? And if it were not haunted then the hauntings claims would've been pointless. No, you know what happened. They wanted the house investigated and called the wrong person right off the bat!

And you're correct in stating that it doesn't prove a haunting. But if you need another hoax theorist to provide some skepticism for you, I'd track down a guy named Danny Lutz. I think this guy was close to George & Kathy? In 1988 he went so far as to try and sell his hoax claims of The Amityville Horror to another hoax investigator.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Jimmy:

I see again that you want to have Dan calling the thing a hoax. We've already had that argument and until he says that on my copy of the film, I'm not believing that. You have him confused with his crazy aunt who, consistent with the theories of Professor Loftus, might be the source of his "memory" of George floating wrenches.

As for maybe it wasn't 28 days that they were there, early news report do suggest otherwise, but I see no reason to rely on those reports. Maybe you can have a medium consult President Dewey about the accuracy of early news reports.

As for Weber, yes they knew he was Butch's lawyer. So what? That means they should have to accept his offer, because if not for Butch none of this would have happened? That I don't understand. And the contract is available somewhere here, I've seen it, and it does detail that formation of a corporation,what it will own, what Butch will get, and the availability of the Lutzes for promotions and polygraphs.

I know you don't want to believe anything George says because you think he was such a brilliant planner of everything in advance. I'm not sure about that one, given his failed dealings with Weber, Kaplan and the Cromarty lawsuit. Maybe Buckland, DiDio, the Warrens could have planned it better?

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:02 pm

Danny didn't say it was a hoax in the film but in his call to a certain party in 1988. You can side-step that issue if you like but if you take his words as gospel in My Amityville Horror, then you might want to re-watch it again and see what he says was the "true" horror and why it happened. And that might coincide with his crazy aunt (as you say) but he doesn't mention her as to being there during this object moving incident so continue to choose from the Amityville Café as you please. A lot of other believers do the same thing. You can toss Chris in there too while your at it.

If you don't choose to rely on the early reports of their being in the house for 28 days, why did you mention it to begin with?

No they didn't have to accept his offer, nor did they have to discuss the details of the case with him either. Much of what they discussed eventually became their claims and subsequent book as we know. As to Ronnie, I'm simply stating that without him committing the murders, The Amityville Horror would not exist! So let me spell that out for you in elementary language. No murders means, no house to buy, no haunting claims, no books, no movies, no horror. You following?

I don't think George was a brilliant planner as you state, better yet a sly deceiver. On the contrary just the opposite as I've pointed out such as his dealings with Weber & Kaplan and so on. You incriminate him just fine with what you posted here! "Maybe Buckland, DiDio, and the Warrens could've planned it better"? Huh? Not sure where you're going with that?

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions though. You seem to believe what George says in his interviews, like the one you posted earlier. George states that he wasn't pursuing the idea of a book and found such a prospect absurd! Yet he went ahead and made 45 hours of tapes recalling what they experienced inside the house not long after they left. Wouldn't it seem odd to waste all that time to put this stuff down for the record (so to speak) if they didn't intend on using it for anything such as a book? What purpose could it possibly serve? And how did this absurdity seem to be forgotten after they ditched Weber and hooked up with Prentice Hall for a BOOK?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:02 pm
George states that he wasn't pursuing the idea of a book and found such a prospect absurd! Yet he went ahead and made 45 hours of tapes recalling what they experienced inside the house not long after they left. Wouldn't it seem odd to waste all that time to put this stuff down for the record (so to speak) if they didn't intend on using it for anything such as a book? What purpose could it possibly serve?
http://www.amityvillefaq.com/haunting3.html#tape

"Self-help therapy" to discuss the 28-days... In particular, I seem to recall, them "remembering events differently" is what lead them to getting it all down on tape.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:40 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:02 pm
Danny didn't say it was a hoax in the film but in his call to a certain party in 1988. You can side-step that issue if you like but if you take his words as gospel in My Amityville Horror, then you might want to re-watch it again and see what he says was the "true" horror and why it happened. And that might coincide with his crazy aunt (as you say) but he doesn't mention her as to being there during this object moving incident so continue to choose from the Amityville Café as you please. A lot of other believers do the same thing. You can toss Chris in there too while your at it.

If you don't choose to rely on the early reports of their being in the house for 28 days, why did you mention it to begin with?

No they didn't have to accept his offer, nor did they have to discuss the details of the case with him either. Much of what they discussed eventually became their claims and subsequent book as we know. As to Ronnie, I'm simply stating that without him committing the murders, The Amityville Horror would not exist! So let me spell that out for you in elementary language. No murders means, no house to buy, no haunting claims, no books, no movies, no horror. You following?

I don't think George was a brilliant planner as you state, better yet a sly deceiver. On the contrary just the opposite as I've pointed out such as his dealings with Weber & Kaplan and so on. You incriminate him just fine with what you posted here! "Maybe Buckland, DiDio, and the Warrens could've planned it better"? Huh? Not sure where you're going with that?

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions though. You seem to believe what George says in his interviews, like the one you posted earlier. George states that he wasn't pursuing the idea of a book and found such a prospect absurd! Yet he went ahead and made 45 hours of tapes recalling what they experienced inside the house not long after they left. Wouldn't it seem odd to waste all that time to put this stuff down for the record (so to speak) if they didn't intend on using it for anything such as a book? What purpose could it possibly serve? And how did this absurdity seem to be forgotten after they ditched Weber and hooked up with Prentice Hall for a BOOK?
Quite honestly I do wish there was something in Eric's movie or elsewhere having Dan clarify exactly what dealings, if any, he may have had with Kaplan. But imagine if Dan says he told Kaplan that George caused a haunting, you would twist it into a pretzel just like Kaplan would, so what's the point of discussing it?

I mentioned the early news reports because you stated some hoax theorist don't believe the 28 days and it was early news reports suggesting otherwise. It's not me who relies on them.

I asked about the significance, not the fact, of the without Ronnie and the murders there would be no book and no movies. I don't think it means that the Lutzes owe him anything and in general I find it morally repugnant that any killer should profit from his murders. You following?

As for the tapes, I would add something to Sherb's response that might give another reason why Sherb's response is more credible than yours. Anson's book is written from the viewpoint of the adults in the house, even the Jodie stuff.
All Anson had was the tapes. I've suspected for a long time that the kids, if they ever went public, would focus on different events, potentially on events not in Anson's book, because potentially they were not in the tapes. Dan did not focus on Kathy's hand being touched because he isn't Kathy, and it is natural for it to happen this way. We do know that Anson never met the kids.

The upshot of this is that the tapes used by Anson to construct his novel seem to be the story of George and Kathy, although admittedly nobody alive seems to know exactly what is in them. If I were Anson I would have loved to have some of Dan's stuff for the book. We probably all have our favorite lines from Dan and some of mine are; " a f&%$@ing spirit walks in", "projected up the stairs" and of course the classic "right f&%$@ing through me". I'm sure Anson would have loved to have that. Especially when you consider that George would not have actually known whether or not "bedposts jammed into the sheetrock" was an exaggeration, why not ask the kids for stuff if it was for a book?

Aaahhhh, but of course it is because the great warlock George was the sly deceiver rather than a great planner!!!

When someone says "if it was a hoax, it certainly could have been planned a lot better", I take that as statement of doubt that it was a planned hoax.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:12 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm
And the reason why they didn't put the house up for sale after moving out is obvious. That would've involved a realtor going into the house and showing it to others huh?
George let reporters into the house on March 6 and the result was Marvin Scott telling his viewing audience that nothing happened when he was there. If what you say is true, he would have known in advance that nothing was going to happen to them.

And if what Micky Sexton says was true, he would have used audio tapes, invisible wires and other tricks to give them something to report.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Nothing did happen so what is your point? I'm quite sure George knew nothing would happen regardless who went in there. But they wanted the house to be investigated so they could get some kind of account to help them with their claims. And by God they got one too! They got a pic of a what appears to be a ghost inside of a room, which George proceeded unto his death to claim that it was a little boy that used to play with Missy while they lived at the home. I do remember I read somewhere that this was debunked but since you've shown time and time again here that only George Lutz is the only truth-teller in the entire Amityville world, I back down from that challenge and do not question the master authority.

Micky Sexton's claims vs George Lutz's :think: Hmm, I wonder who wins in that comedic battle? You guys decide.

Anson indeed only had the 45 hours of tapes to work with. And proceeded to sell us a true story that Judge Weinstein (when he threw out Lutz lawsuit) told us that the book was in large part fiction. Some investigator Anson was and it's been stated he never even met George & Kathy! And what the hell does the U.S. Judicial System know anyway? Well lets take another Lutz lawsuit- https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-of ... 60262.html

In this one we find the Lutzes suit being tossed out again and being accused of telling more tales and trying to make more profits out of their latest fibs. And wanting sole rights to the name Amityville in regards to movies and books, etc. It's all right here for you folks, wonder how DC Fan will slide around this one? I mean the courts accuse the Lutzes right here of their nonsense, but you can kid yourselves (if you prefer) and side with the few believers that buy what George Lutz sells and that's what he did, hell just ask James Brolin. As for me I'll stand with the courts on this one so DC Fan, have fun trying to convert any newcomers here or Victoria P. You do have shebetto on your side and Amit Y Ville.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:32 pm

My point in stating that George let reporters into the house? Why would he do that if he was planning a hoax? For the same reason you say he would not have wanted to try to sell the house himself if going bankrupt because he wouldn't want a realtor in there saying nothing happened to him, he should not have wanted the press in there.

Under no circumstances will I accept the omniscience of court judges, even if I would accept the impartiality of them most of the time. Why should anyone? If they thought so themselves there would be no appeal courts. The good ones among them will even tell you that they are not the experts on things other than law. They're former lawyers!!!

I think Lutz was guaranteed to have a problem with Judges and their duty to "dispose of" a case, find something "sufficient to dispose of" the case that is. Calling Lutz a liar makes an easy way out.

And they can figure out who is lying, can they? One wrongfully convicted Canadian, awarded $6.5 million in compensation in 2008, was called a liar by no less than the Supreme Court of Canada which stated in 1967 “There were many incredibilities inherent in the evidence given by Truscott before us and we do not believe his testimony.”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Truscott

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:11 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:33 pm
In this one we find the Lutzes suit being tossed out again and being accused of telling more tales and trying to make more profits out of their latest fibs. And wanting sole rights to the name Amityville in regards to movies and books, etc. It's all right here for you folks, wonder how DC Fan will slide around this one?
They were only going after what was promised when they signed on for the first movie.

Even in 2019 Mrs Anson is having a go...

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:16 am

Did Mrs. Anson comment on the fiction in her husbands book that was a true story? And yeah I could see her wanting to get in on the action of the subsequent fictional films that were made. Perhaps you should read the lawsuit document again.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:27 am

Mrs. Anson should not need to comment about fact or fiction in a copyright law case. Stephen King can sue you if you reprint and sell something he published. My concern with it though is it coming so long after the movie. Potentially too late by statute of limitations?