Exmortis
Amityville Member

Lorraine Warren Dies at 92

Post by Exmortis » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:29 am

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Re: Lorraine Warren Dies at 92

Post by devilbustedinct » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:53 am

I thought for sure she would live to be 120.

gator812k
Amityville Member

Post by gator812k » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 am

R.I.P. Lorraine

Stephanie2019
Amityville Member

Post by Stephanie2019 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:28 am

I just started reading her and Ed's biography "The Demonologist" again for the third time. It's been a few years. When I first read the book about 20 years ago, it scared the piss out of me and I was jumping at every little noise..even if cars drove by...lol.

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:43 am

Rest in peace, Mrs. Warren.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Hope she repented of the lies she spread upon the masses!

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Looks like Danny Chris and Missy are the only ones left.

Rest in peace
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Wow... I don't know what to say, Rest in peace Lorraine.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

gd134
Amityville Member

Post by gd134 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 pm

I thought she was already dead.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Will she arise on the third day?

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:28 am

While I may not have agreed with her and Ed's views on their cases, I am sorry to hear that she's passed. :cry:

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 am

RIP.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Rest in peace
William Weber, Laura Dadio, Marvin Scott as well as probably a few others are also still around.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:55 am

Sorry to hear of her passing. I liked her on Paranormal State.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Rest in peace
William Weber, Laura Dadio, Marvin Scott as well as probably a few others are also still around.
I meant to say whio had witnessed the real haunting.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm

She might have been a fraud, or she might have been truly gifted. Most likely she was a bit of both, and either way, she was a legend. Most anyone who has ever had an interest in the paranormal knows her name and some of her history. She always seemed approachable, even if most of us had no way of meeting her. She had great style too, can't say she fell into the t-shirt and jeans set of ghost/demon hunters.

Rest In Peace, Lorraine. Hopefully her afterlife is free of demons, pigs named Jodie, and malevolent dolls, and filled with happy spirits, beautiful weather, and truth.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:29 am

There's no evidence to suggest she was a fraud. She probably said a few things that exaggerated claims, to increase awareness in her profession. But her work on Amityville was incredible as was the Peron haunting. Without them many hauntings would probably never have been transparent to the public, and we wouldn't be able to enjoy them.

devilbustedinct

Post by devilbustedinct » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:29 am
There's no evidence to suggest she was a fraud. She probably said a few things that exaggerated claims, to increase awareness in her profession. But her work on Amityville was incredible as was the Peron haunting. Without them many hauntings would probably never have been transparent to the public, and we wouldn't be able to enjoy them.
With all due respect, there is a lot of evidence to prove she was a fraud. While no one can really prove or disprove the evidence of ghosts or demons, you can follow a paper trail of lies, deceit, fraud and shrewd business negotiations that has followed the Warrens for decades. And what work did she do in Amityville that was “incredible?” They came along after the fact, just like they did in Enfield. They had nothing to do with either until after the fact, yet they claim to be the cheif investigators. They should be happy their Chevy could keep up with the ambulances. Dig a little deeper and you may find the truth. But if you ACTUALLY believe Lorraine had a telepathic conversation with a wounded Bigfoot in the deep woods of Tennessee, you are right, I can’t prove that to be fraudulent — but I have a little common sense. You have to truly ask yourself how much BS will you believe?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 am

The common sense argument does not apply because the subject is the paranormal, most of it is beyond human comprehension. Like I said, I don’t doubt they said a few white lies here and there to give attention to the story. As a profession, I would love to do something along the lines of ghost hunting, demonology, but where is the money? You have to be devoted to the subject to want to do it outside a normal 9-5 job. Lorraine and Ed lived a reasonable lifestyle and were able to afford to live, 90% of that was done using good honest graft and being good at what they do. Because they said one or two half truths to get attention doesn’t mean they are frauds!

devilbustedinct

Post by devilbustedinct » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 am
The common sense argument does not apply because the subject is the paranormal, most of it is beyond human comprehension. Like I said, I don’t doubt they said a few white lies here and there to give attention to the story. As a profession, I would love to do something along the lines of ghost hunting, demonology, but where is the money? You have to be devoted to the subject to want to do it outside a normal 9-5 job. Lorraine and Ed lived a reasonable lifestyle and were able to afford to live, 90% of that was done using good honest graft and being good at what they do. Because they said one or two half truths to get attention doesn’t mean they are frauds!
“Honest?” “One or two half truths?” Again, with all due respect, I don’t think you know what you are talking about. You obviously haven’t researched the hundreds of outright lies spoken by both Ed and Lorraine that can be proven false. I’ve done this rant before a dozen times on this site and tried to give as much info and facts as possible to help enlighten those who just don’t know...so don’t take it too personally if I refresh my feelings on the matter.

You can believe Lorraine had a telepathic conversation with Bigfoot and just consider it a “half lie,” but when hundreds of “half lies” start piling up, you should be able to start doing some basic math. It’s worse when the “half lies” involve innocent people instead of Bigfoot, and are twisted into “full lies” that can be devastating to people’s lives, literally — emotionally and financially, some cases even ending in suicide.

In my opinion, the Warrens were guilty of fraud, deceit, cons, outright lies, emotional abuse, and worse. Ambulance chasers forever on the hunt for a story good enough for a book/movie deal. One close associate of Ed, a prestigious individual “in the know” accused Ed of pedophilia, as this was confirmed by numerous sources, including the victim herself, Judy Penny, Ed’s mistress for decades (she was 15 when they began a relationship). I’m assuming you already know their marriage was a business sham, and never a true marriage, right? If you don’t know what I’m talking about you can look it all up in author Gerald Brittle’s lawsuit against the Warrens (who he sued for fraud among many things), because basically (like the other authors) he was paid to make up scary fairytales for the Warrens, and when they screwed him over decades later by re-publishing one of his books he wrote for them and gave him zero royalties, and then he saw Hollywood (and Tony Spera) making freakin BILLIONS off of some of the BS he wrote, he rightfully sued for a piece of the crap.

Let’s not take into account that two of the Warren’s other authors, most prominently Ray Garton, has said for years that the book he wrote for them was complete b*llsh*t because that’s what he was paid to do. “Make up scary sh*t,” because as Ed said, “everyone that comes to us crazy” — go ahead and Google his name and read everything he has exposed about this apparently sincere, devout Catholic couple. Or maybe the lawsuit by the Glatzel family for their lies and re-printing a book about them without their knowledge or consent — not to mention the book was a complete fabrication to begin with (and is being refabricated yet again as you read this).

When you have various authors, the clergy, people involved in their cases, alI saying many of the same things and proving many of Ed and Lorraine Warren’s “facts” to be lies (not untruths, but purposeful lies), one has to seriously consider if these half truths are even true at all. Maybe quarter truths? Nope. Not even a fraction.

I’m not trolling or trying to start an argument, the information is out there for you to find. This forum has a lot of it. A lot of it is not yet publicly known, but plentiful enough for you to do some research (besides James Wan’s movies) and make a more rational decision on the validity and character of the Warrens and their motives and ethics.

Just a simple example — you are at an Amityville Horror forum, and the person you are defending, who is supposedly the most famous investigator on the case, an expert, has publicly stated on numerous occasions the entire DeFeo family was killed with a “high powered shotgun,” which I’m sure you know it completely false, and there isn’t even such a thing. Wouldn’t you expect this person, not to mention she is supposedly psychic, would at least know what type of gun killed them?

I could go on and on - Bill Ramsey was really a werewolf? G.I. Joe was really Ronald DeFeo’s ghost (even though he’s not even dead)? A moose’s antler is Padre Pio? Paul Bartz is the ghost boy? Maurice Theriault was not guilty of raping his own stepdaughter, but it was really his evil doppelgänger doing it instead — even though he had a criminal history of pedophilia? (He killed himself too not long after after being exploited by the Warrens).

They were not only protecting and enabling murderers, child molesters, and werewolves, but making a nice profit from it as well as damaging the entire field of parapsychology by giving honest investigators a bad name. As Joe Nickell said “The Warrens have never investigated a house that didn’t have a demon in it.”

And you don’t question any of this? You can believe in the paranormal and the unknown, but don’t you see any red flags here? They have sensationalized every case they’ve worked on. They had nothing to do with Amityville or Enfield as they got involved long after the supposed incidents took place. Chasing ghosts and trying to take credit from other, more legitimate researchers. Crushing skeptics and disbelievers by doing the work of God and hiding behind the church; the perfect strategy that have served them and so many other religious charlatans and criminals as well (please don’t make me start naming them).

After you contemplate the possibility of actually communicating with Bigfoot using your mind, please consider if “a few half truths” are really harmless.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I value yours, this is mine. I hope my opinion influences you to take a deeper look into what you believe and who you chose to support. The few that know me here know the efforts I have made over the years providing as much information and evidence as I could about a topic I am passionate about. Some will say I hold a grudge, have vendetta, or I’m just a hater. That’s fine. I’ve got my reasons.

On Sept 11, 2020 you will see BS from Brookfield, Connecticut break box office records with THE CONJURING 3, but the BS will be shortly wiped away with one swift stroke. I personally can’t wait to see this movie, but I won’t be giving paying one damned penny to do so. Karma is coming around, and it’s going to be quite a show.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Rest in peace Lorraine.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999