General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Re: Lorraine Warren Dies at 92

Post by devilbustedinct » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Rest in peace Lorraine.
Yes. RIP. I don’t mean to speak ill of the dead. Regardless of my opinion, I take no pleasure in the passing of anyone.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:03 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:04 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Rest in peace Lorraine.
Yes. RIP. I don’t mean to speak ill of the dead. Regardless of my opinion, I take no pleasure in the passing of anyone.
I can understand your position because I no longer believe in the validity of Amityville as a genuine case of paranormal activity. I still, however, am fascinated by the personalities involved and by extension other cases "investigated" by Ed & Lorraine Warren. Please continue to share whatever info you have.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 am

To be fair although the Bigfoot thing sounds like bonkers to me I have no idea about that kind of unexplained mystery, nor have any interest. I would say go find a proper mystery.

I did some quick research and didn’t find much on this Judy Penny, apart from some allegations she made against Ed after he died in 2006. He was never around to defend himself. It’s amazing what people will say once a person passes over isn’t it. Not to mention disrespectful. Why not make the allegation when he was alive? Or 30 years ago? Now with a guy like Michael Jackson you could have said there were past allegations and “there’s no smoke without fire” etc, but this isn’t the case with Ed from what I know.

I’ve not heard about anyone committing suicide from dealing with the Warrens, but also this is generally a mental health problem that we can’t directly link others to causing. There was a girl in my office who committed suicide, as she was under pressure at work and for whatever reason wanted to end her life. Unfortunately she was having a war with her mind and my workplace wasn’t responsible for those internal problems.

In general shotguns are enough to cause a lot of damage so calling a gun high-powered isn’t exactly completely incorrect. It’s quite subjective. I have no knowledge on firearms though as guns have never been an issue in my country.

Now, let’s stop with spreading these shady rumours, and keep this thread to a memoir of Lorraine Warren.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:45 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 am
Now, let’s stop with spreading these shady rumours, and keep this thread to a memoir of Lorraine Warren.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

devilbustedinct

Post by devilbustedinct » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
I apologize. I didn’t realize this thread was a memoir to Lorraine. I thought it was a place to discuss the paranormal. Facts aren’t shady rumors. The problem could be “quick fact checking” by just using the Internet. It takes a lot more that that. Please believe whatever you like. The things I reference I have clearly provided facts and links for further reading numerous times on this site, including suicides you never heard of (Maurice Theriault for one). But I am not wasting more time repeating myself trying to convert another person who chooses to believe the ridiculous. That’s your business. I’m really only trying to help. I will now leave this topic as I didn’t read the part where it was to memorialize her. How rude of me. I won’t bump one of my own old threads, but maybe there will be a new thread at some point to intelligently discuss the things we touched upon. Until then, load your silver bullets, get a statue of Padre Pio, and say hi to Bigfoot for me 👍 (all in good jest).

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:28 am

devilbustedinct wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
I apologize. I didn’t realize this thread was a memoir to Lorraine. I thought it was a place to discuss the paranormal. Facts aren’t shady rumors. The problem could be “quick fact checking” by just using the Internet. It takes a lot more that that. Please believe whatever you like. The things I reference I have clearly provided facts and links for further reading numerous times on this site, including suicides you never heard of (Maurice Theriault for one). But I am not wasting more time repeating myself trying to convert another person who chooses to believe the ridiculous. That’s your business. I’m really only trying to help. I will now leave this topic as I didn’t read the part where it was to memorialize her. How rude of me. I won’t bump one of my own old threads, but maybe there will be a new thread at some point to intelligently discuss the things we touched upon. Until then, load your silver bullets, get a statue of Padre Pio, and say hi to Bigfoot for me 👍 (all in good jest).
It's a RIP thread so should have been fairly obvious.

henry_kaney
Amityville Member

Post by henry_kaney » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:56 pm

RIP, Lorraine.

OTOH, FU Devilbustedinconnecticut or whatever you call yourself. My hunch tells me that he and JS are likely one and the same, and as such both are now relegated to my blocked list.

devilbustedinct

Post by devilbustedinct » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Huh? With hunches like yours, I am proud and honored to be part of your blocked list. Enough stupid in the world at it is. I should have been on your blocked list in 2007, but I guess you missed it all. What took you so long? Ah, don’t bother answering. Thank you very much for the insults, you made my day!

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Disgusting behaviour on a RIP thread. At least she will be remembered.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 am

New profile pic in respect for the Warrens.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Thu May 16, 2019 6:20 am

I've only just heard about this (been very sick and in hospital for a while)

While I never bought into what the Warren's did professionally, I'm respectful of them as people and I'm sad she's gone. She seemed like a very classy lady.

I hope she's been reunited with Ed someplace.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Classy huh? Respect? You're in a world of hurt!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amityvill ... n-has-died

BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Post by BooshaGirl » Tue May 21, 2019 5:42 pm

May she reunite with her beloved in any afterlife they choose.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm

This is not an appropriate thread to bash someone who has just died, whatever your beliefs about the legitimacy of their professional lives are.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue May 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
To be fair although the Bigfoot thing sounds like bonkers to me I have no idea about that kind of unexplained mystery, nor have any interest. I would say go find a proper mystery.

I did some quick research and didn’t find much on this Judy Penny, apart from some allegations she made against Ed after he died in 2006. He was never around to defend himself. It’s amazing what people will say once a person passes over isn’t it. Not to mention disrespectful. Why not make the allegation when he was alive? Or 30 years ago? Now with a guy like Michael Jackson you could have said there were past allegations and “there’s no smoke without fire” etc, but this isn’t the case with Ed from what I know.

I’ve not heard about anyone committing suicide from dealing with the Warrens, but also this is generally a mental health problem that we can’t directly link others to causing. There was a girl in my office who committed suicide, as she was under pressure at work and for whatever reason wanted to end her life. Unfortunately she was having a war with her mind and my workplace wasn’t responsible for those internal problems.

In general shotguns are enough to cause a lot of damage so calling a gun high-powered isn’t exactly completely incorrect. It’s quite subjective. I have no knowledge on firearms though as guns have never been an issue in my country.

Actually “Bigfoot” is no more silly than anything paranormal.

Many people of sound mind have seen these animals and it’s very possible it’s a believed to be extinct species of ape.

Cryptozoology is very interesting and is most likely animals that weren’t extinct as believed. There’s also a theory of a “wrinkle in time”, i.e. where some places are magnetically charged and can somehow give people a glimpse into the past.

Some are also believed to be government experiments that escaped.

All credible theories. Just because they get silly nicknames doesn’t make the field silly.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:02 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 am
jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm

This is not an appropriate thread to bash someone who has just died, whatever your beliefs about the legitimacy of their professional lives are.
Oh but I do believe it is! you said it so we have to laugh at that. Silly frauds glad to see them gone.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Actually I should apologize for speaking ill of the dead! Apologies to you Lorraine & Ed, wherever you are?

They did provide us with some entertainment. A thank you to both. Rest easy!

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am

Wondering what happens to the Warrens' room of haunted objects now they've both passed on?

My bet is Zak Bagans will buy it all.

shane2801
Amityville Addict

Post by shane2801 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am
Wondering what happens to the Warrens' room of haunted objects now they've both passed on?

Ebay

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 am

shane2801 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am

Ebay
Because selling a possessed doll on eBay and endangering the public is a good idea, right?

:fp:

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am

Probably her daughter and son-in-law will keep it open. Don’t they also have a newphew who is in the paranormal business?