The Daily Smokes

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: The Daily Smokes

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm

gd134 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 pm
I always knew the haunting was fake. There is also an explanation for why the house had a lot of flies.
There totally could be a valid reason for the flies. I guess. I dunno. I'm not a fly expert.

But remember, the Lutzes didn't see a bunch of flies and shout out, "Oh my GOD! Our house is haunted!"

No.

They treated it as anyone would.

It was only later on, after all the more blatant supernatural events occurred. The Lutzes went to Kathy's mom's house and regrouped and looked back on all the weird events of the past month.

Were the flies one of those weird events? Possibly. Or maybe not. Maybe it was just one of those things. But the Lutzes included it among their list of "strange events" when looking back on everything as a whole.

It's like if your car broke down on the highway. You're not sure what happened, so you tell the mechanic everything that happened leading up to the breakdown. You tell them about the car stalling the prior day. Maybe that's part of the problem, or maybe its just coincidental...

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Mon May 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Fly infestations are very easy to get, and it’s not true that flies can’t live in December. I never saw that as a sign of evil, most of all because I don’t believe in animals as a sign of evil. In this case I think it was a case of nerves to think the flies were proof of anything.

I also think the black in the toilet and smell had a natural explanation. We’ve had the same thing in our bathrooms now our house is the same age that the Amityville house was then. It’s something wrong with the pipes.

But I think if you already believe something is going on, you’ll see things like that as a sign of haunting. I believe the Lutz’s were more put off living in a murder house than they thought they’d be.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:08 pm
I think if you already believe something is going on, you’ll see things like that as a sign of haunting.
They didn't view these events as "signs of a haunting" at the time. It was after they left the house that they took the time to go over everything that went on during the last month. Certain things were odd, such as the flies. And they got mentioned along with the other stuff.

George continued to believe that the flies were seriously abnormal, especially since they claim that they killed the flies and they came right back.

I'm not an expert on flies. I've never had a horde of flies congregate at my home. If you think it has an ordinary explanation, so be it. I don't see that it matters.
Brooke Forrester wrote:
I also think the black in the toilet and smell had a natural explanation. We’ve had the same thing in our bathrooms now our house is the same age that the Amityville house was then. It’s something wrong with the pipes.
Was the water in your toilet black?

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue May 28, 2019 10:07 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
I think if you already believe something is going on, you’ll see things like that as a sign of haunting.
They didn't view these events as "signs of a haunting" at the time. It was after they left the house that they took the time to go over everything that went on during the last month. Certain things were odd, such as the flies. And they got mentioned along with the other stuff.

George continued to believe that the flies were seriously abnormal, especially since they claim that they killed the flies and they came right back.

I'm not an expert on flies. I've never had a horde of flies congregate at my home. If you think it has an ordinary explanation, so be it. I don't see that it matters.
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Was the water in your toilet black?
Well embarrassing to say but we have had a fly infestation. I don’t know how they came. My guess is one got in and laid eggs (maggots), who knows. But they all were on our kitchen door window. I never killed any, we had to get an exterminator, I won’t kill insects with my own hands (they didn’t bother me anyway).

But I figure the day the Lutz’s moved in, doors were wide open and that’s all it takes.

I also have fruit flies practically all year long, no matter how cold it is.

Yep, the water was black but mostly the inside of the bowl, which was what was described in their book.

I’m not saying theirs was exactly the same but just that even if the house was haunted, those things probably weren’t part of it.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 am

[/quote]
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:07 am
I’m not saying theirs was exactly the same
Ah, good. 'Cause George said the water never turned black. It was just the porcelain.
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:07 am
but just that even if the house was haunted, those things probably weren’t part of it.

Right. But why hold back information? Like I said earlier, if your car is acting up and you take it to the mechanic, you're likely to tell the mechanic all the symptoms (even if some of the symptoms end up not being related to the problem).

The Lutzes don't know which incidents were just "weird, but coincidental" and "flat out paranormal." So they mentioned every weird event that happened.

And then everything was exaggerated by the book and movie.

You see? They are not saying "we had a lot of flies and that proves our house was haunted."

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue May 28, 2019 4:42 pm

You can mention everything but it’s also important to admit that not every “strange” thing that happened is the paranormal. To them these were strange occurrences but were they really. That’s my point.

I think when you’re nervous about something you’ll start to see everything as bad or a sign or whatever.

If my sister smells sulfur she assumes it’s the devil and says get behind me, Satan. Maybe she’s right maybe she isn’t but because she’s a believer in that and a nervous person, she sees everything as spiritual and I’m saying it’s not always.

I’m especially reluctant to say the flies meant anything evil because flies are not evil, or “of the devil”. Only God creates life, not Satan. And nothing God created is evil.

So flies are not a symbol of evil except human beings. made that stuff up to villainize innocent animals. If anything Satan would want us to believe God’s creatures are evil and harm them but God Himself would not want that.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Interesting to note that the ghostie boy pic (we know as Paul Bartz) that was snapped :lol: the night of the "investigation", this same person that was INSIDE the house at that time was somehow not seen by The Warrens or Laura DiDio or the others the entire night? They don't know who it was but somehow we do in here! :roll:

And what does George Lutz have to say about the pic? "We called Missy and asked her and she said 'oh' that's the little boy I used to play with inside of her room".

Along with Missy's other imaginary friends, Paul Bartz managed to sneak in some playtime with Missy long before his actual appearance during the wicked séance/night in the house!

I wonder if he appeared to Missy in human or spirit form while they were playing?

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 am

What bothers me about this is that no matter how many times someone says George and Kathy didn't blame the various things on a haunting at first, but as a whole added up over the 28 days... that doesn't really make sense!

They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
They did absolutely nothing to investigate a reason for the flies, didn't call anyone (such as an exterminator) to get to the bottom of it?
They didn't call a plumber to deal with the black stains, which can actually happen to hardware even if the water remains clear?

This is one of my "I find this increasingly implausible" issues. They fled the house after 28 days screaming "Haaaaaunted!" and called in some ghost hunters despite never once having these problems looked at by less... supernatural professionals?

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 am
What bothers me about this is that no matter how many times someone says George and Kathy didn't blame the various things on a haunting at first, but as a whole added up over the 28 days... that doesn't really make sense!

They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
They did absolutely nothing to investigate a reason for the flies, didn't call anyone (such as an exterminator) to get to the bottom of it?
They didn't call a plumber to deal with the black stains, which can actually happen to hardware even if the water remains clear?

This is one of my "I find this increasingly implausible" issues. They fled the house after 28 days screaming "Haaaaaunted!" and called in some ghost hunters despite never once having these problems looked at by less... supernatural professionals?
Common sense should tell you; "let's try to live with this".

Then, realising they were in immanent danger, and on seeing the figure on the landing (do some research), it becomes too much for a family.

The brass band playing in the living quarters was the real turning point for George.

To have children and live around a threat that lives within the family is something well beyond comprehension. Applause has to go to the Lutz's for lasting those 28 days. I for sure would crumble knowing an invisible force, even if 100% for the power of good, was living in my habitat.

Not sure how much you know about the story, but a read of the Jay anson novel should give you a rough indication if how things escalated.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:

Yes, what you state here speaks volumes. They just had the "experiences" and never made any attempts to find out what was going on? Flee the house and get a publisher. Sound legit or reasonable? And as it's been brought up before in here, do flies constitute a haunting or toilet turning black? How bout Danny's hand smashed to skin on skin? No hospital did they rush him to like the public was lied to in "Artistic License" Anson's book, however they just started bandaging his hand up and it magically healed back to normal so no doctor was necessary. See how convenient it all works!

https://sharonahill.com/DN/wp-content/u ... -bartz.jpg

And finally here is your Paul Bartz in the house! The ghostie boy so to speak. Damn, looks a heck of a lot like that "ghost" in the photo? Proof positive that everyone in that so called investigation that took place in the house is nothing more than 100% LIARS!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:11 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.
The flies disappeared as quickly as they came, so they would have been nothing to investigate.

They did have someone in more than once to check the heating... which apparently was working fine!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 pm
They just had the "experiences" and never made any attempts to find out what was going on?
The stuff in the their final week at the house was more than just "experiences"...

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:11 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
The flies disappeared as quickly as they came, so they would have been nothing to investigate.

They did have someone in more than once to check the heating... which apparently was working fine!
I think you quoted me wrong as thats not my post dude

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:36 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 am
I think you quoted me wrong as thats not my post dude
Oops... fixed!

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:

Common sense should tell you; "let's try to live with this".

Then, realising they were in immanent danger, and on seeing the figure on the landing (do some research), it becomes too much for a family.

The brass band playing in the living quarters was the real turning point for George.

To have children and live around a threat that lives within the family is something well beyond comprehension. Applause has to go to the Lutz's for lasting those 28 days. I for sure would crumble knowing an invisible force, even if 100% for the power of good, was living in my habitat.

Not sure how much you know about the story, but a read of the Jay anson novel should give you a rough indication if how things escalated.
You completely avoided the issues I spoke about.

Who the $@%# says "we will try to live with" constant infestations of flies and black bathroom hardware without trying to find a plausible solution to them?

There were various issues that could be very adequately explained by "natural" causes and not once did they call in anyone other than a bunch of ghost hunters? Does that sound plausible to you?

It doesn't to me. Not that it means the whole thing is fake, but probably indicates they were a lot more susceptible to thinking of supernatural explanations than they'd care to admit.

I've read the novel, thankyou and it's 50% bull$@#% and embellished beyond all respectability.
I've read similar books by holocaust survivors who embellish the #$%@ out of their stories which unfortunately leads to a lot of questions about their validity even if they were in fact legitimately in the Nazi camps.
I've also read and listened to a number of interviews the Lutz's did where they directly contradict the novel or say certain things in it didn't happen or didn't happen the way it was written. I'd rather use those as sources as I firmly believe the book only added more fuel to the hoax theory fire.
No idea why you think it is okay to talk down to me and lecture me to do some research, just because your opinion is different.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:They clearly made absolutely no attempts whatsoever to find a "natural" cause to many of these situations.

That's not true though is it? They said the flies kept coming back as fast as they could kill them and didn't George state that they were present during the Warrens investigation? It is in an interview transcript available here. Funnily enough nobody present at that investigation has ever mentioned them and a photo taken of the sewing room during it shows no such thing.

As for the heating issue, if they had that looked in to then it makes it even more astonishing that they didn't have the other problems looked at.
I dunno about anyone else but if my home was being repeatedly invaded by swarms of flying insects I'd be straight on the phone to get that seen to. I'd also be right on to a plumber about my black stinking bathroom fittings, there's no way I'd put up with those things for 2 days nevermind 28 of them.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:04 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:

Did the furnace man report of anything unusual in his time at the house? Such as cold spots, nausea, voices, flies, stink, goo, etc? I'd put him in the category of those authorities that never came to the house to check that front door. And you got that out of the book.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 52dc4db17/

Good stuff in here from 1979! So George did state they had money troubles? Hmm? Fr. Ray wasn't at the house or no where near it at anytime? Hmm, I wonder if my theory on Fr. Ray was correct after all? :)

No interaction with the police while living inside the home either. I thought Kathy said the authorities checked out that front door who couldn't explain it? No cops were ever called to the house! Another one I got correct.

Ed Warren states that if it were a hoax we (myself and Lorraine) wouldn't be in on it or the priest. :lol:

Dan, it says here that Fr. Ray knew Kathy during her first marriage. That would have been long before George entered the picture. Hard to argue with a priests' own quotes to Newsday!

That's why I started The Daily Smokes. Gonna get the real truth on here! No favoritism, no con, and you people gonna wake up and realize with real eyes the real lies you've been mislead on...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:58 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm
No interaction with the police while living inside the home either. I thought Kathy said the authorities checked out that front door who couldn't explain it? No cops were ever called to the house! Another one I got correct.
As I said before, they were fed up with dealing with all the people who'd turn up at the house all hours - no surprise to me they would deny even going there during the Lutzes time.

And there's a lot of second-hand stories in that article, plus the author thinks the DeFeo's were "drugged" :roll:

daiichi
Amityville Member

Post by daiichi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am

There's a great quote from George, about all the inconsistencies in their narratives:
But if we had tried to perpetrate some kind of hoax, I think we would have been much surer of when and how things happened, because we would have been inventing them.
That's precisely why they could NOT keep their stories straight. Some things probably really did happen, like the stained toilet bowls (probably from George taking a big dump and forgetting to flush) and the swarms of flies that followed. And cold spots in the house. Hard to imagine cold spots in the middle of winter in an old, Long Island house. :roll: So those parts they could keep reasonably straight.

But then the parts about floating beds, demonic pigs, ghostie marching bands and doors or windows getting blown out. The Lutz family made these up, which is why they kept changing details. Like in a police interrogation, where a detective will ask a suspect the same question several times to get different answers each time and gradually break down the lies and fish out the truth.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:10 am

daiichi wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am
That's precisely why they could NOT keep their stories straight. Some things probably really did happen, like the stained toilet bowls (probably from George taking a big dump and forgetting to flush)
Confirmed troll.

You can leave now.