Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 170

Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Crash » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

User avatar
Brendan72
Forest Giant
Posts: 3080
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 pm

I do not see how this one will be different concept-wise from The Amityville Murders movie released (the Dan Farrands directed movie). Sorry but I take this news with a huge pinch of salts.
- Brendan72

"Facts don't care for your feelings."
- Ben Shapiro

underthegarden
Amityville Addict
Posts: 127
Location: A little bit here, a little bit there

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by underthegarden » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 am

Sigh. It would take a great cast, great writing and some new angle to get me into the theater for this one. Frankly, I'd rather see Amityville 1674 at this point. "Loosely based on events that might have happened at the time, to people who may have existed, near(ish) the property that now contains the Amityville house."

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 718

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Now if you changed your outlook to be positive, you may come out enjoying this.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

User avatar
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict
Posts: 181

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Now if you changed your outlook to be positive, you may come out enjoying this.
Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

Not even one of the best Anityville movies.

Some things are not even worth being positive about.

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 718

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Now if you changed your outlook to be positive, you may come out enjoying this.
Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

Not even one of the best Anityville movies.

Some things are not even worth being positive about.
I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

The best since Dollhouse I said.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

User avatar
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict
Posts: 181

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Enough with the hate.

Sat what you will but The Amityville Murders was one of the best horror films of last year. It may not have had the budget of Hereditary but it was almost as good.

Now if you changed your outlook to be positive, you may come out enjoying this.
Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

Not even one of the best Anityville movies.

Some things are not even worth being positive about.
I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

The best since Dollhouse I said.
Uh uh... and the Nazis were not genocidal maniacs if you ignore all the Jews they murdered.

"If you ignore how crap and exploitative the movie is, it's actually good!" Basically?

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 718

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am


Amityville Murders was pretty dire, the same hokey, cheesy and silly "haunted house" rehash as the rest of the stuff out there which exploits the real brutal murder of 6 real people.

Not even one of the best Anityville movies.

Some things are not even worth being positive about.
I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

The best since Dollhouse I said.
Uh uh... and the Nazis were not genocidal maniacs if you ignore all the Jews they murdered.

"If you ignore how crap and exploitative the movie is, it's actually good!" Basically?
Sorry I don't follow... you are talking about Nazi's now? It really has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk nonsense, feel free to do so with yourself instead of derailing Crash's topic. Thanks!
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

User avatar
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict
Posts: 181

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Bodie_Rose » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am


I said the same thing, you can go back and read my post for reference. The film is decent if you ignore some of the modern horror tropes.

The best since Dollhouse I said.
Uh uh... and the Nazis were not genocidal maniacs if you ignore all the Jews they murdered.

"If you ignore how crap and exploitative the movie is, it's actually good!" Basically?
Sorry I don't follow... you are talking about Nazi's now? It really has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk nonsense, feel free to do so with yourself instead of derailing Crash's topic. Thanks!
Was making a simple comparison, that anything can be made to sound good if you ignore all the bad.

TC1
Amityville Addict
Posts: 133

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by TC1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 pm

We definitely need more information on what exactly this movie is going to be about.

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Is this "family" they speak of the DeFeos or the Lutzes? If this movie is a back story for the DeFeos, the murders and then the Lutzes story retold in 2019/2020 I honestly think I'll pass.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

User avatar
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict
Posts: 181

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Bodie_Rose » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:26 am

TC1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:08 pm
We definitely need more information on what exactly this movie is going to be about.

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Is this "family" they speak of the DeFeos or the Lutzes? If this movie is a back story for the DeFeos, the murders and then the Lutzes story retold in 2019/2020 I honestly think I'll pass.
It sounds like they're using the same formula as Amityville The Possession and Amityville Murders, that there was already something supernatural driving Ronnie to murder. In other words more haunted house shtick exploiting real murdered people.

Felix_the_Fox
Amityville Member
Posts: 4

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Felix_the_Fox » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:46 am

And so another film is on the way.....personally i never want this franchise to die out.

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 170

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Crash » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:04 am

Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9868
Contact:

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am

Image

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 170

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Crash » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:35 pm

It's no Amityville vibrator...

Image
Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

Stephanie2019
Amityville Member
Posts: 18

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Stephanie2019 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:30 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am
Image
The house on this cover is all wrong. the Gambrel roof and eaves are wrong, and the fireplace in the real house, did not have exposed brick on the outside like all of the photos

This is what drives me nuts about some of these movies

User avatar
Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member
Posts: 52
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Victor_Pascow » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:06 am

I am terrified of Geese so this looks intense!

User avatar
Crash
Amityville Addict
Posts: 170

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 am

Image

Amityville '76 game development - https://www.facebook.com/AmityvilleGame/

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9868
Contact:

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:26 pm

...Blimey!

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 718

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:43 pm

That's a porno movie, so hardly appropriate.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

km2020
Amityville Member
Posts: 9

Re: Movie prequel ‘Amityville 1974’

Post by km2020 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:51 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am
Image
This house in the picture is a different color than it was in 1974.

Post Reply