Just a couple observations (paranormal related)

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Just a couple observations (paranormal related)

Post by Brooke Forrester » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 pm

The following posts were deleted from this thread due to an accident:

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:56 am
Just a bit of notes I wanted to make.

My sister talks to people in the U.K. on the phone a lot and she said there many of the people believe in ghosts as just a daily occurrence, like practically everyone has lived in a “haunted” house and they act like having “ghosts” is like how we in the U.S. might act about having ants. Like, it’s an annoyance but not shocking.

One night me, my sister and niece watched AH 1978 and they’re both believers hook, line and sinker of the haunting story and won’t even begin to consider my points that many people believe it was a hoax or didn’t happen the way the movie/book said.

My niece is so scared of it (she’s 30 and a tough girl, but the house and insects of any kind terrify her, lol) she can’t even look at some of the scenes. Meanwhile I was laughing at most of it.

Anyhow, the next night I’m awoken by my sister and niece because my niece swears she hears something in our walls. I have pet mice and she thought one escaped but they didn’t.

She became convinced it was “an intelligence” that had stopped moving because she knew we were looking for it. I knew this was all because of her watching AH.

Turns out, it was that I use a fan for white noise at night and my fan was bumping some artwork on my wall.

I am only pointing this out to say, please look for natural explanations before jumping to paranormal. I was literally angry at the whole AH franchise/stories because it was so frustrating the way she was acting and it was 3:00 in the morning and I had only been sleeping two hours.

I told her, you are never watching that movie again! :naughty:

gd134 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:21 pm
This is exactly how I feel about the Amityville Horror. It's all nothing but bullsh*t. It is very typical of people to be spooked by anything after watching a film like the AH. The science is clear: individuals who have claimed to experience hauntings is likely due to their own mind picking up anything it finds, such as movement, sound, and feelings, and perceive it as paranormal activity. The AH is nothing more then a couple(the Lutz's), a lawyer(william weber), and a mass murderer(Ronald Defeo) who decided to capitalize on a tragedy in turn for a profit. Even I, a minor, knew that and I am looking forward for people to try and prove me wrong. Sure, the Lutz's may have felt some bad vibes in the house, but that was because 6 people were murdered there.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:09 pm
gd134 wrote:
The AH is nothing more then a couple(the Lutz's), a lawyer(william weber), and a mass murderer(Ronald Defeo) who decided to capitalize on a tragedy in turn for a profit.
What was Ronnie's input?

gd134 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm
He tries to profit off of content made about the tragedy. Remember when he did a T.V. show with Jackie Barrett? He supported the idea of a "haunting" or evil spirit. Then, in 2014 I believe, he was interviewed by Katzenbach and changed his story again, but this time he said that the AH was fake. This is quoted in my signature below. He wanted ppl to believe that he was allegedly possessed so his mental insanity plea would work. I though you knew all this? You are the admin of this forum.

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:19 am
gd134 wrote:
I thought you knew all this? You are the admin of this forum.
Ah right, I thought you meant Ronnie having some input back in 1976...

gd134 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:04 am
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:19 am
gd134 wrote:
I thought you knew all this? You are the admin of this forum.
Ah right, I thought you meant Ronnie having some input back in 1976...
That was purely weber and the lutz's.

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:21 pm
I had always had a little suspicion that Ronnie was in on it in fact, that he and Weber cooked up the idea and maybe with the Lutz’s, as a way to get Ronnie off the hook somehow.

I thought the movie might have been alluding to the detective thinking that since he was so fascinated with how much they looked alike (Ronnie and George) and asked if he was related. Then he kept watching and hanging around.

My father asked years ago watching it, who is that guy, and I said some guy that thinks there’s a plot. :D. Little did I know at the time that there were people who believed the whole thing was some plot of some kind.

mattgleason wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:51 am
gd134 wrote:
The science is clear: individuals who have claimed to experience hauntings is likely due to their own mind picking up anything it finds, such as movement, sound, and feelings, and perceive it as paranormal activity.
Which science is this? A field of science... a specific study? For the record, I've made my living as a scientist for +20 years and I'm perfectly ok with saying I don't know how some things work or what causes some things to happen.

gd134 wrote:
...and I am looking forward for people to try and prove me wrong.
Science doesn't work that way. You made a statement (aka hypothesis): " individuals who have claimed to experience hauntings is likely due to their own mind picking up anything it finds, such as movement, sound, and feelings, and perceive it as paranormal activity." Now the burden of proof lies on you to assemble arguments to support your claim.

I'll be looking forward to viewing your evidence.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 am
Oh no not again.

Its true most of the UK believe in ghosts but at least we don't believe injecting bleach into our bodies would get rid of Coronavirus.

mattgleason wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:30 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Oh no not again.

Its true most of the UK believe in ghosts but at least we don't believe injecting bleach into our bodies would get rid of Coronavirus.
I wish those who do would give it a go.

:)

mattgleason wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:29 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Its true most of the UK believe in ghosts...
That's interesting.

It'll probably be my ignorance showing but my perception is that many/most people in the UK are atheists?

Probably like a lot of people outside of the US believe that everyone in Texas has cattle :)

Matt9290 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 am
mattgleason wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:
That's interesting.

It'll probably be my ignorance showing but my perception is that many/most people in the UK are atheists?

Probably like a lot of people outside of the US believe that everyone in Texas has cattle :)
You are quite right Matt... Most of the UK are atheists, but 'ghosts' and 'religion' are separate topics here.

mattgleason wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:39 am
Matt9290 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 am
You are quite right Matt... Most of the UK are atheists, but 'ghosts' and 'religion' are separate topics here.
That's interesting too.

I guess I sort of assumed that if you believe in one thing being supernatural, then it follows that you might believe in another.

Pointed out my own faulty logic in that though as perhaps some don't see ghosts as supernatural - maybe more like super-normal or some other unexplained phenomena.

gd134 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:16 pm
mattgleason wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:51 am
Which science is this? A field of science... a specific study? For the record, I've made my living as a scientist for +20 years and I'm perfectly ok with saying I don't know how some things work or what causes some things to happen.
A simple google search will you to multiple studies debunking the paranormal. A lot of them have the same conclusions about the causes of the paranormal.
Science doesn't work that way. You made a statement (aka hypothesis): " individuals who have claimed to experience hauntings is likely due to their own mind picking up anything it finds, such as movement, sound, and feelings, and perceive it as paranormal activity." Now the burden of proof lies on you to assemble arguments to support your claim.

I'll be looking forward to viewing your evidence.

First, that wasn't even my hypothesis. You cut off the other half of my sentence where I clearly said "THE SCIENCE IS CLEAR". This means that my hypothesis didn't originate from my own research, but from the research of other scientists. I still strongly believe what the science says about the paranormal, but I am always open minded and willing to change if anyone can convince me.

mattgleason wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:35 pm
gd134 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:16 pm
First, that wasn't even my hypothesis. You cut off the other half of my sentence where I clearly said "THE SCIENCE IS CLEAR". This means that my hypothesis didn't originate from my own research, but from the research of other scientists. I still strongly believe what the science says about the paranormal, but I am always open minded and willing to change if anyone can convince me.
OK - which science is clear? Which other scientists?

If you'd said something like 'science MAY be able to explain paranormal phenomena in other ways' I might not take issue with it.

You seemed very convinced though.

A couple of brilliant psychological scientists (Freud & Jung) allowed plenty of room for what we call 'paranormal'. Many others, including what you might call hard scientists (physicists etc) also allow for the paranormal because there are many things that lie outside the boundaries of procedure.

Don't get me started on that double slit experiment either :) That thing redefines nearly everything of what we think we know. Massive, far reaching implications. That, AND it's repeatable. It doesn't 'prove' that the paranormal exists - but it does prove that we (as a cohesive unit) need to be very careful about what we refer to as fact.

Anarane wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 am
mattgleason wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:
That's interesting.

Would be interested to know where the fact about British people believing in ghosts comes from? I'm in the UK and I neither believe in God nor ghosts.

It's true enough about religion, though; in the UK, Christians, no religion and Islam are the three biggest religious groups respectively (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... ed_Kingdom).

Matt9290 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:47 am
Anarane wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 am
mattgleason wrote:

That's interesting.

Would be interested to know where the fact about British people believing in ghosts comes from? I'm in the UK and I neither believe in God nor ghosts.

It's true enough about religion, though; in the UK, Christians, no religion and Islam are the three biggest religious groups respectively (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_ ... ed_Kingdom).
They missed out football lol.

Anarane wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:18 pm
Ha! True :)

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Oh no not again.

The group my sister talks to don’t believe the Corona virus is real. They call it a plandemic. They’re all into conspiracy theories, government hoaxes, “the new world order”. They are flat earthers and also believe in something called Tartaria.

The leader of the group she talks to also believes in the possibility of fairies and elves existing. I guess that falls into cryptozoology.

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:39 am
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Oh no not again.

The group my sister talks to don’t believe the Corona virus is real. They call it a plandemic. They’re all into conspiracy theories, government hoaxes, “the new world order”. They are flat earthers and also believe in something called Tartaria.

The leader of the group she talks to also believes in the possibility of fairies and elves existing. I guess that falls into cryptozoology.
Thats quite clever. Not saying it isnt a plandemic because i do believe its a man made virus test for depopulation later down the line. There has to be a depopulation exercise sometime as the human race takes over the planet. If Trump doesn't tweet drunk again and upset the Middle East!

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
I think they claim it’s a test to see if they can keep people in their houses as they plan to “take over” but I am sure there’s more to it than that. Their theories are very complicated and confusing imo.

A depopulation does seem possible.

As for Trump, I don’t pay attention to him because I hate politics. Which is probably very irresponsible of me but none of the parties here fit my ideals to a tee.

gd134 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:01 pm
I hope you're not trying to pose as a fake scientist with the profile picture. Look what I found: https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/sw ... ar-AAGUTfY

The person on your profile picture is not you, Mr. "Matt Gleason".

msmart112 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:45 pm
gd134 wrote:
I hope you're not trying to pose as a fake scientist with the profile picture. Look what I found: https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/sw ... ar-AAGUTfY

Stop embarrassing yourself.

believer wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:54 am
gd134 wrote:

And I'm sure your screen name is not your real name, gd134.