Movie House Questions

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Movie House Questions

Post by VampireKen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello everyone, I just logged in for the first time in a long time and discovered my inbox is full with questions about the movie house and the filming of the movies in Toms River and the surrounding areas. I know there's several threads about the filming but in order for me to see these and get the email notifications regarding them, im starting this thread for easier access. Please drop your questions here and I'll answer them as soon as I can!
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Felix_the_Fox
Amityville Member

Re: Movie House Questions

Post by Felix_the_Fox » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:33 am

In the original film series there is a chimney between the famous quarter moon windows even though the real house doesn't have this. why is that?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am

I would guess because the house they found had a chimney, and was the best house available...

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:14 am
I would guess because the house they found had a chimney, and was the best house available...
I thought it was a set and not a real house.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:52 am

The exterior in Amityvile 1 - 3D was a house in New Jersey.

The interiors were on a set.