SHOCK DOCS - The Travel Channel

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

SHOCK DOCS - The Travel Channel

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 am

Ed and Lorraine Warren Go Inside the Amityville Horror House in ‘Shock Doc’ Preview
Couple who inspired “Conjuring” films are subjects of new Travel Channel paranormal encounters documentary series
“The very first night that Ed and I went into that home I was fearful, but I didn’t know what I was fearful of,” world-renowned clairvoyant Lorraine Warren said of her maiden trip inside the Amityville Horror house, the first subject of Travel Channel’s new umbrella series titled “Shock Docs.”

Devil’s Road: The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren” — which premieres on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 7 at 9 p.m. — boasts a vintage interview with Lorraine, whose work with her husband inspired “The Conjuring” films, as she recalled first stepping foot into the real-life Long Island home.

https://www.thewrap.com/shock-docs-lorr ... ive-video/

[via press release from Travel Channel]
TRAVEL CHANNEL LAUNCHES NEW "SHOCK DOCS" SERIES OF TWO-HOUR SPECIALS THAT EXPLORE AMERICA'S TRUE HORROR STORIES

The First of the Specials - 'Devil's Road: The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren' Premieres Monday, September 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT

NEW YORK (July 23, 2020) - Travel Channel journeys back to the most infamous horror cases our country has ever known, taking a fresh look at true and terrifying tales of paranormal encounters with a new umbrella series titled "Shock Docs," scheduled to air throughout the fall. The announcement was made today at Travel Channel's "Wonder Women: Superstars of Paranormal" panel during San Diego Comic-Con's virtual Comic-Con@Home. Kicking off the spooky season on Labor Day, Monday, September 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT is the history of the nation's first modern-day paranormal investigators, "Devil's Road: The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren." Over the course of their 50-year career, Ed and Lorraine Warren investigated thousands of hauntings. They documented some of the most famous cases ever recorded, including the Amityville Horror house, the real-life Rhode Island home behind The Conjuring films and the Bridgeport Poltergeist. Ed, a demonologist, and Lorraine, a clairvoyant, were an unassuming couple who devoted their lives to battling demonic forces inhabiting families or homes.

During the 1970s and 1980s, the Warrens made numerous appearances on television talking about their cases and spreading the word about the paranormal and preternatural worlds that exist all around us. Their life's mission: to prove the existence of good and evil; God and the devil. Along the way, they pioneered many techniques still used in the field today, including audio and visual recording devices, advanced electromagnetic devices and even produced their own television show. This two-hour special features interviews with their daughter and son-in-law, Judy and Tony Spera, who share never-before-broadcast audio of Ed conducting interviews for the Bridgeport, Connecticut, poltergeist case, and rare video of the Warrens helping a young woman coming under demonic possession. Tony also has granted the production access to his catalog of footage from his television series, "Seekers of the Supernatural." It includes many hours of Ed and Lorraine discussing their work with Tony.

"Travel Channel fans have an insatiable appetite for the classic cases that even the paranormal investigators revere," said Matthew Butler, general manager, Travel Channel. "In these 'shockumentaries,' we start at the beginning and explore why these places and cases remain the most famous - and the most haunted - in the country."

Each installment of Travel Channel's "Shock Docs" goes to the heart of a true American horror story - and a peek into history. We travel across the country to uncover the best-documented paranormal encounters - tales recorded on video and audio that capture the raw terror of an encounter with evil. Additional "Shock Docs" on the slate for later this fall will delve into the true-life hauntings of the "Amityville Horror House" and "The Exorcism of Roland Doe."

Visit Travelchannel.com for exclusive videos and photos. Join the conversation on social using the hashtags #ShockDocs and #DevilsRoad. Keep up-to-date with the latest news from Travel Channel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

"Devil's Road: The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren" is produced by 1895 Films for Travel Channel. For 1895, the executive producer is Tom Jennings. For Travel Channel, the executive producer is Cecile Bouchardeau Weiland, Julie Meisner Eagle is vice president of production and development, Matthew Butler is general manager and Henry Schleiff is group president of Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, American Heroes Channel and Destination America.

ABOUT TRAVEL CHANNEL

For the bold, daring and spontaneous; those adventurers who embrace the thrill of the unexpected; those risk-takers who aren't afraid of a little mystery; if you're up for anything, down for whatever, and above all, love great stories, journey on to Travel Channel. We're more than you expect and everything you didn't know you were looking for. Reaching more than 79 million U.S. cable homes, Travel Channel is the world's leading travel media brand. Fans also can visit Travel Channel for more information or interact with other fans through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Travel Channel is owned by Discovery, Inc., a global leader in real life entertainment spanning 220 countries and territories, whose portfolio also includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2020 ... 3travel01/

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: SHOCK DOCS 'Devil's Road: The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren'

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 am

This looks to be in the same tradition as The Holzer Files.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 am
That still hasn't aired in the UK. Has it aired in Australia?

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:32 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 am
Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 am
That still hasn't aired in the UK. Has it aired in Australia?
This is the first I've heard of it. And I am not sure where it would air here.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:32 pm
I meant the Holzer Files.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:08 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 am
Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:32 pm
I meant the Holzer Files.
I watched it online for free (took a while to find a place that streams it for nothing). It showed a lot of cases I had never heard of before that Holzer did. Very interesting and I recommend it.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:52 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:08 pm
It showed a lot of cases I had never heard of before that Holzer did. Very interesting and I recommend it.
I want to see it mainly for his old footage.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:44 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:52 am
[quote=Brendan72 post_id=165000 time=<a href="tel:1596085711">1596085711</a> user_id=58]It showed a lot of cases I had never heard of before that Holzer did. Very interesting and I recommend it.
[/quote]

Yeah, you might run across some old footage of that “angry” Indian chief?

Be careful though! You never know what can transpire through old celluloid film.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:
It showed a lot of cases I had never heard of before that Holzer did. Very interesting and I recommend it.
These are the only two I found you can watch for free:

- Brendan72

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Might want to learn how to quote, Morsovillo.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

sharkbyte
**New Account**

Post by sharkbyte » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:13 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:
These are the only two I found you can watch for free:

Did any of these cases actually turn out to be true?

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm
Well, considering you posted after Brendan72 and assuming you're replying to jimmysmokes, you really need to take some of your own advice.

And what/who the f*ck is Morsovillo? You dipping into jimmysmokes stash or something? Or forgot to take your meds?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm

believer wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:58 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm
Well, considering you posted after Brendan72 and assuming you're replying to jimmysmokes, you really need to take some of your own advice.

And what/who the f*ck is Morsovillo? You dipping into jimmysmokes stash or something? Or forgot to take your meds?
What's with the bad language and aggression at a throwaway comment? Might want to take some blood pressure tablets there, buddy. :lol:
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm
What's with the bad language and aggression at a throwaway comment? Might want to take some blood pressure tablets there, buddy. :lol:
I should be used to your lack of compression. :roll: But I am impressed that you figured out that the asterisk represents the letter u. I guess you were so shocked by a little foul language (albeit censored) you lost the context of my reply.

Again, please go take your meds prior to another of your tantrums and threatening to leave and never return.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:36 am

believer wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm
I should be used to your lack of compression. :roll: But I am impressed that you figured out that the asterisk represents the letter u. I guess you were so shocked by a little foul language (albeit censored) you lost the context of my reply.

Again, please go take your meds prior to another of your tantrums and threatening to leave and never return.
I told you to take your blood pressure meds. Its not hard.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm

believer wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm
Or...leaving and vowing to never return and then mysteriously popping up again and again like nothing happened. Ha.

Damn that’s the funniest thing I’ve read all week. Thanks for the laugh.

Please continue.....

Subverter
Amityville Member

Post by Subverter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:19 pm

Speaking of the Warrens', does anyone keep up with their son-in-law and protege Tony Spera? He now owns and operates their haunted museum and has a YouTube channel where he does the occasional tour and discusses the objects. He seems to be a good-natured guy, but now that the channel's blowing up; it doesn't look like he's handling the trolls / dissenters very well.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 pm

So what were your opinions on the documentary?

believer
Amityville Member

Post by believer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:12 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 pm
So what were your opinions on the documentary?
I finally got to see this yesterday.

I was surprised about the honesty about the 'Conjuring' house where they admitted that Roger Perron threw Lorraine and Ed out of the house.

I was also impressed that they actually filmed a lot of the documentary out of the 'Conjuring' house.

The documentary itself just seemed like another rehashing of all the Warren's high profile cases.

I was also surprised to see Ed and Lorraine's daughter, Judy, in the documentary. I think that's the most she's ever been in the spotlight.

As far as Tony Spera goes....he seems to be getting better at being a 'celebrity' of sorts. When I saw Lorraine speak several years back, he seemed very cold and antisocial. I guess he realized he had to drop the attitude if he was going to be able to keep the 'family business' going.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:33 pm

Where can I see this in the UK then?