Real Estate Company Inspects Houses for Ghosts

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
gd134
Amityville Member

Real Estate Company Inspects Houses for Ghosts

Post by gd134 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Alright, I was on Instagram the other day and I received an ad from a real estate company called Bungalohomes. The ad had a picture of a headline from Forbes that declared the company is launching a program to conduct paranormal investigations in each house. Throughout October, every house on the Bungalow inventory will be inspected by top-notch paranormal investigators for ghosts. The investigators use several devices to detect the flow of electromagnetic energy in the houses, which could possibly signal the presence of ghosts. I have provided the link to this article, and I encourage you to read it. I was honestly very surprised when I saw this. The company must have gotten several complaints from homeowners about ghosts and unusual movement of objects. It turns out that people encounter haunted houses more then usual. Here is the link to the article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/juliabrenn ... 4dee2156ce

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Real Estate Company Inspects Houses for Ghosts

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:52 pm

The problem I see with this is that a prospective buyer can use anything supporting paranormal activity as a bargaining chip to negotiate the price down. It would be used in the same manner a building inspector would report on structural defects, the prospective buyer would on this information lower the asking price. In this instance it makes sense because the residual money would be used to fix the structural damage if they chose to make an offer. Every dollar counts with renovations.

Although I understand wanting to know if something bad happened on a property I was looking at on the market there are already disclosure laws. But if the house doesn't 'feel' right when you first enter it, as most people would get when looking at property, then they have the choice to not purchase it.
- Brendan72

"Facts don't care for your feelings."
- Ben Shapiro

gd134
Amityville Member

Re: Real Estate Company Inspects Houses for Ghosts

Post by gd134 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:52 pm
The problem I see with this is that a prospective buyer can use anything supporting paranormal activity as a bargaining chip to negotiate the price down. It would be used in the same manner a building inspector would report on structural defects, the prospective buyer would on this information lower the asking price. In this instance it makes sense because the residual money would be used to fix the structural damage if they chose to make an offer. Every dollar counts with renovations.

Although I understand wanting to know if something bad happened on a property I was looking at on the market there are already disclosure laws. But if the house doesn't 'feel' right when you first enter it, as most people would get when looking at property, then they have the choice to not purchase it.
I never found anything that mentions the paranormal investigators conducting seances or something to remove the paranormal activity from the house. I suppose that once they detect paranormal activity in a house they automatically lower the price to an extent. You're right, a prospective buyer could always ask for a lower price. Also, unlike structural defects, I don't think that the buyer will hire anyone to "remove" the paranormal activity. I suppose that is the reason the company decided to make this a temporary event to test it, maybe for Halloween.