Amityville Hardback Horror!

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Amityville Hardback Horror!

Post by Victor_Pascow » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

It's not been easy collecting nice quality hardback editions of these books as they're pricey and rarely appear second hand anywhere but patience has paid off and picked them up at relatively bargain prices over the years.

Anybody else collecting these or have others? :dance:

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Re: Amityville Hardback Horror!

Post by KevinW » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:30 pm

I've got the original and book club editions of the Jay Anson novel in hard cover. Also in hard cover, I have High Hopes, The Secret of Amityville, and The Night the DeFeos Died.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Oh I would love to see The Secret of Amityville hardback! :love:

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Yeah. I have the Jay Anson novel in hard cover but it's in pretty rough condition but it was free so whatever.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:35 am

I managed to pick up first edition hardback for less than $30, they can go to silly prices online these days. I am a bit of a collector of horror hardbacks first editions. Once they're gone they're gone!

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Post by Buick - 1975 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am

I have a nice advanced reader copy of The Amityville horror.Image

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Post by Buick - 1975 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 am

Although this is not a hardback.

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Wow that's pretty neat! Where did you find this and how come some of the text is blacked out?

Buick - 1975
Amityville Member

Post by Buick - 1975 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Victor_Pascow wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:38 pm
Wow that's pretty neat! Where did you find this and how come some of the text is blacked out?
I bought this off eBay a few years ago. This is one of those advance/galley copies that Stephen Kaplan tried to get after seeing one when he visited the Cromartys. He couldn't get one but he managed to get a hardcover version. He mentions about this on page 69 of his book. I compared this version to another softback version I had and it had some paragraphs missing. I also have another book like this called In a Dark Place, written by Ray Garton.

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:00 am

Very nice! A niche thing to collect. I already have addiction problems with collecting certain vinyl, betamax and vhs, first edition hardbacks.

I wonder what other cool rare Amityville gems are out there from this board community.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 am

How would someone go about finding out what edition their TAH is? I don't see anything on the first few or last few pages that would be indicative of the printing date, I'm sure my copy is pretty old because the cover is tearing and my aunt who was born in 1963 said that's the book that taught her to be good at reading.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:56 am

Usually you can find the information before the chapter index in the first few print pages of text where it explains printing date, copyright, publication information etc.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:04 am

I can try to check again but I didn't find it anywhere.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:32 pm

I can only find the copywrite year which is 1977, no print year.

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:15 am

Ta da!

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 am

I'll post mine when I get a chance.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:34 pm

The page you showed me is blank on my copy:

Victor_Pascow
Amityville Member

Post by Victor_Pascow » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 am

Weird! who's the publisher and any ISBN number?

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:19 am

Fake copy :lol: or you have a copy created by demons.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

Bango Skank
Amityville Member

Post by Bango Skank » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:27 am

TC1 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:34 pm
The page you showed me is blank on my copy:
It's most likely a book club edition, I've found and sold a couple of them in the past and they don't have much collectible value at all.

Over the years I've had copies of most of the Amityville related books, both fiction and non fiction but ended up selling them to pay for other books I wanted more.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:47 am

PRENTICE-HALL, INC., Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
ISBN 0-13-032599-6