Reverend John Ketcham

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Reverend John Ketcham

Postby ketcham-and-kill-em » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 pm

I don't know the title or the author but i saw the book in the states and know what its about and cant find it anywhere.... ITs about Reverend John Ketcham and how he killed many indians and then killed himself... If anyone knows of the title or the author... The book is a dark redish brown. and was written long before the amityville horror was.... I'm screwed i know, but i was hoping someone could help... please message me if you have any information
thanks
kayte
ketcham-and-kill-em
Amityville Member

Postby Carnivale » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:08 am

Are you sure you don't mean John Underhill (no reverend)?
Carnivale
Amityville Addict

Ketcham

Postby suffolk » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:53 pm

You are confusing the character in the movie, Jerimiah Ketcham with John Ketcham. Jerimiah is a fictional relative of John Ketcham. The property in the nieghborhood of the house was owned by John Ketcham.

The Amityville 2005 writer, who is of a certain historically unpopular group, said he created that character to "Stick it" the he white man. I guess he also defamed Christians.

The event in the movie never happened.

The person who led the killing of the Indians in the area in bahalf of the Dutch was John Underhill.
suffolk
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 am

Horror movies are aimed at a certain demographic: teenagers to early 20's group.

So according to the wisdom of the writers and producers of many schlock movies such as The Amityville Horror remake et al, as far as they're concerned nobody from the aforementioned demographic will actually chase up or research the so-called facts in which the "remake" are based on. Why not? Because they want to be entertained.

As far as they (the writers and producers) are concerned, the demographic I have mentioned will believe that if it says "based on a true story" then it might as well be 100% accurate, having little respect or concern for the audience who pay good money to watch this crap!

For shame!!
- Brendan72

"Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society."
- Confucius. Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Gatekeeper » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:32 pm

What about the Reverend Kane?
Gatekeeper
Amityville Member

Return to Amityville Discussion