Moving into a murder house.

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Moving into a murder house.

Postby TIA » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:17 am

George and Kathy Lutz explained why they were willing to move into their stunning Amityville home, even after discovering the murders had taken place there. They discussed it as a family, and didn't think anything along the lines of it might be haunted.

So, would you move into your dream home if you knew something like the Defeo murders had happened there?

Do you think such a house might be haunted?

And would the Amityville Horror influence your decision?
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
TIA
Amityville Addict

Postby Daria » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:22 pm

I don't think I could do it. While I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, I do believe that all of us carry a certain energy and that in the case of a tragic death, some of that energy can be left behind. I just could not live in a house like that without knowing all the details of the crime...and then once I knew those details, I'm sure I couldn't look around the home without seeing those events over and over. That's just me, and yes, chances are Amityville would have influenced my decision. (I was quite into the whole story as a kid.)

Its not that I would be worried about evil demons, etc., its just that I wouldn't be able to shake the "energy" of those murders and be able to look at the house as "just a house". I really could not imagine putting my kids to bed in rooms where other children had been murdered. It would be too upsetting...
Daria
Amityville Member

Postby tedbot » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:38 am

Absolutely I could do it. I wouldn't want any of the family's original furnishings or anything like that, I might get creeped out by something like that, but if a murder took place there? Sure.
Are you looking at me?
tedbot
not the face!

Postby shattered thoughts » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:14 pm

Don't think I could be that brave...how could you occupy a home you know had a massacre there...I mean, creepy would be an understatement... :?

While that home is a beautiful home, sorry, can't say the same for it's legacy!!! :?
shattered thoughts
Amityville Member

Postby ScarredEclipse » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:13 pm

If I knew my dream house was a house like that, I still don't think I'd move in. Even if the house wasn't haunted, there are some houses that are just bad, if you know what I mean. Bad karma, a bad feel to them, even if they aren't haunted. And I couldn't stay in a house like that, for fear of losing my mind.

That's just me, though.
Like, any uncharted territory, I must seem, greatly intriguing. You, speak of my love like, you have experienced love like mine, before. But this, is not allowed. You're uninvited. An unfortunate slight.

I, don't think you unworthy. I need a moment, to deliberate.
"Uninvited"

ScarredEclipse
Hotel Paper

Postby TIA » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:54 am

I think for me, time since the murders might play a role. If they were 200 years ago (my dream house would be around 500 years old :D ) I might not be so affected by them.

But a recent murder...I don't think I could do it. I'd forever have that on my mind, and whether or not there was any supernatural activity, I don't think I could be happy there.
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
TIA
Amityville Addict

Postby Littlelukey » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:51 am

My answer is NO and it would not matter to me if the murders had been somewhat recent or a history that went back years I would not. I know what the Lutz'es have said in regards to the History of that house but it still always boggles me why they would have moved in with children regardless.....
Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Postby FoxyJ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:32 am

My answer would be 'No' too, not because I believe in the supernatural but because I would always remember with sadness, the unfortunate family who died there and that would spoil my enjoyment of my new home.

Fox
FoxyJ
Amityville Addict

Postby clerks775 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:02 pm

About 4 1/2 years ago, 3 houses away from my mother's house, a 20-something kid killed 3 of his 'friends' and then killed himself. I was friends with the owner when we were probably 12. It was pretty freaky. The father (who lived next door- they bought the son the house when he turned 18), went up to the door, looked through the window and had a heart attack. 3 kids still sitting around the kitchen table and blood everywhere, and the killer was probably laying nearby. Papers say they were all in bathrobes, rumors from police said they were all nude. 6am that morning, i see the news antenna outside my window so i ran out to see them taking the bodies out. At that time, the grandfather showed up and went crazy. Anyways, I would have bought the house, but unfortunately i was already under contract for another house waiting for the closing. People do live there now, not sure if they really care, but i'm sure they got it for a bargain.
clerks775
Amityville Member

Postby Bobby Darko » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:47 pm

Daria wrote:I don't think I could do it. While I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, I do believe that all of us carry a certain energy and that in the case of a tragic death, some of that energy can be left behind. I just could not live in a house like that without knowing all the details of the crime...and then once I knew those details, I'm sure I couldn't look around the home without seeing those events over and over. That's just me, and yes, chances are Amityville would have influenced my decision. (I was quite into the whole story as a kid.)

Its not that I would be worried about evil demons, etc., its just that I wouldn't be able to shake the "energy" of those murders and be able to look at the house as "just a house". I really could not imagine putting my kids to bed in rooms where other children had been murdered. It would be too upsetting...

I feel the same way. I think living in a house like that would drive me mad to the point where even if it wasn't haunted i'd be seeing crazy :) flower :) happening and just be extremely paranoid and frightened all the time.

I think there was alot of bad energy in that house after the DeFeo murders and it really got to the Lutz's and possibly did envoke evil spirits but i think mostly everything that happened was brought on by there own mind's from not being able to shake the horrific past events that happened in the household.

Alot of it sounds way too surreal for me. I do believe in the paranormal but come on, porcelin tigers coming to life, hoved animals attacking you in your sleep, marching bands, etc. lol. It's ridiculis.

I do believe that something happened in that house but i also believe that what ever did happen drove the family crazy with paranoia and fear to the point where they were hallucinating about things that weren't really happening but it reached a point where they couldn't even tell the difference.

I believe that the mind is a very powerful force. Think of all the crazy things you can dream up when your asleep that you would never conjure up while awake. I think at some point these lines can be blurred if your under as much fear, stress and paranoia (schizophrenic almost) as The Lutz's. Or it they just conjured up a great money making scam.
Last edited by Bobby Darko on Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Darko
Amityville Member

Re: Moving into a murder house.

Postby evanguy2004 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:48 pm

TIA wrote:George and Kathy Lutz explained why they were willing to move into their stunning Amityville home, even after discovering the murders had taken place there. They discussed it as a family, and didn't think anything along the lines of it might be haunted.

So, would you move into your dream home if you knew something like the Defeo murders had happened there?

Do you think such a house might be haunted?

And would the Amityville Horror influence your decision?

I would most definitly not buy a house with a past. I have owned four homes in my adult life so far and I make certain the homes I buy are either new or I know the past owners. That would scare the crud out of me if I even were to spend a night alone at 108 Ocean Avenue let alone own it.
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Return to Amityville Discussion