The Warrens

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Are the Warrens genuine psychics?

Yes, they are the real deal.
20%
No, it`s all about money and showmanship.
27%
They are probably a little of both.
53%

Total votes : 45

The Warrens

Postby Secrets » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:25 pm

I have noticed that the Warrens work in Amityville is considered quite "questionable" by many here, so curious as i am, i made this poll to see what you guys really think..
Secrets
Do Angels Talk?

Postby redsun24 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:12 pm

I feel the Warrens are totally THE REAL DEAL.I have heard people say that they make there living frightining folks.I dont buy it,I think the Warrens are true Demonoligists........IMO
redsun24
DeepFromTheSun

Postby amandapanda887 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:05 am

I think the Warrens are real. I don't think it was about the money.
amandapanda887
Amityville Addict

Postby NCPilot » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:28 am

I think they are real.
NCPilot
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:13 pm

Real. They are very well known in paranormal circles.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby tragicimp » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:12 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Real. They are very well known in paranormal circles.

Just because they are well-known doesn't mean they are the real-deal. I'm skeptical....

They were way off when they wrote about Dudleytown...waaaaaay off...it makes me question the rest of their "research" and "experiences"...did they really take the time to do extensive research on their other cases when they didn't for this one??? *shrugs*

http://www.legendofdudleytown.com/warren.html

All I know is that they don't get my vote of confidence.
tragicimp
Punk in Drublic

Postby CMite » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:12 pm

If you're talking to an insurance agent or a military recruiter, they can say a lot of things, and give a lot of numbers - about accident rates, costs of living, retirement benefits, whatever. If, after your meeting, you smell something fishy, you can always go look these numbers and facts up for yourself, to see if they were misrepresented.

Psychics are very, very risky business. It doesn't matter who the psychic is, how nice, affluent, or well educated they are; you always run into the same problem, which cannot ever be avoided:

There is absolutely no way to find out whether what a psychic tells you is the truth or not. Someone who looks at a dog and says "I'm sensing that he doesn't like your clothes", or who looks at a house and says "I sense a demon here, older than the Earth and at war with mankind" is someone I can't throw my trust behind, because they could be making it up and I wouldn't know. I have no way to verify that my dog is actually laughing at my shoes, or that there are such things as demons older than the Earth, or whether demons of such age war with mankind, or whether such a demon is, in fact, in this house. I have to take their word for it - a complete stranger. Even if you believe that some psychics are real, it's a proven fact that many of them have been fake, and there's no way you can tell whether you're talking to a real or fake one.

There are people who believe the Warrens without qualification - every word they say is "true", and that's a dangerous position to take. The Warrens are, to me, "Nobody In Particular", and I don't distinguish between them and other "psychics".
CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Postby TIA » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:18 am

In addition, say they mention something that is verifiable and you go away and check it. They could well have already checked the same information.
Occam's razor is lodged in my brain. Ouch.
TIA
Amityville Addict

Postby Secrets » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:15 am

About the Warrens (in a negative way):

http://www.ghostresearch.org/articles/amityville.html

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/interviews.html
(click on the Ray Garton interview)

I really don`t know about this...
Secrets
Do Angels Talk?

Postby tragicimp » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:44 am

Secrets wrote:About the Warrens (in a negative way):

http://www.ghostresearch.org/articles/amityville.html

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/interviews.html
(click on the Ray Garton interview)

I really don`t know about this...

I'd never seen that first site before, but that is yet another example of what i'm talking about--they seem to frequently get their facts wrong....

I'll admit that i read the Ray Garton interview a while ago, but didn't put much thought into it. Though i can imagine that Ed would probably say something like that "make it scarey...."....Ed just doesn't give me the vibe that he's legit. I know, I know...shouldn't be using a gut feeling as a basis to back my point, but i seriously don't think that the Warrens are legit...some of the things that they've said, their research constantly being inaccurate, their seminars, etc......the evidence just keeps piling up against them. *shrugs*
tragicimp
Punk in Drublic

Postby CMite » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:11 am

One thing that did a lot to discredit the Warrens in my estimation was the History Channel documentary. In it, they refer to the "front door" incident. It's fairly accepted around here that it was actually the screen door and not the main door which broke (although that doesn't strike me as particularly supernatural for a home on the water during a New England winter, but I digress). So when the wife of a person (I forget who it was, but she was the Token Skeptic in the documentaries) mentioned the fact that the "claim that the front door was ripped off its hinges is false", I considered it a bad argument.

But that was nothing compared to the Warrens' response. Instead of being informed, they proceeded to guess basically, talking about how "demons have the ability to project things into your mind so that you see them and other people don't". Ed explains that the demons made George Lutz think he saw the front door explode off its hinges, even though it didn't really happen. First of all, they got the claim wrong to begin with, which was that Mr, Lutz found the door in that state, he didn't witness the event. Secondly, other people, like the police, supposedly arrived and also saw the door in that state. Thirdly, Mr. Lutz has since said that the claim was an Anson Error(tm) and that it was actually the screen door that broke. In other words, the Warrens have absolutely no frigging idea what they are talking about. They were posturing, and it turned me off immensely.

So, if it was "all in George's head", as Ed claims, how are we really supposed to tell whether it was put there by a demon, or whether it was a hallucination from a medical cause (fatigue, poisoning, imbalance)? Answer: we can't. We need psychics like the Warrens to tell us, because only they are able to tell. We have to "just believe" what they tell us. Sorry, but Homey don't play dat.
CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Postby Secrets » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:46 am

Kathy Lutz actually said that the front door blew out:

"The front door, which is, well, it's an oversized solid wood door, blew-out. Not blew-in, it blew-out. And there was no physical explanation for it. That was checked-out by the police, that was checked out by a repair man. We wouldn't explain it. I thought I was losing my mind".

The explanation given on this board was that the pins no longer was attached (George said in an old interview that this happened all over the house), so no damage was done to the hinges - the main door just blew out (and probably smashed the screen door). George must have put the main door back in place before the picture of the trashed screen door was taken.
Secrets
Do Angels Talk?

Postby CMite » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 pm

In which case it really, physically happened and wasn't all in anyone's "mind"; and the Warrens remain clueless.
CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Postby tragicimp » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:54 am

CMite wrote:In which case it really, physically happened and wasn't all in anyone's "mind"; and the Warrens remain clueless.

LMAO!! *pats CMite on the back*
tragicimp
Punk in Drublic

The Warren's Live in my town!

Postby evanguy2004 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:02 pm

I live in Monroe, CT and have been by the Warren's home many times. they live on the other side of Monroe, CT. They have a scarry museum in their back of their house that has all of the cult scarry stuff in it. There is a sign on the door that says by appointment only. So if you are ever in Monroe, CT you can come see this museum for yourself. They are also around the Old Union Cemetary in Monroe, Ct too. I understand that Bob Warren is now pretty sick but Lorraine Warren is still very active around town
evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Re: The Warren's Live in my town!

Postby tragicimp » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:35 pm

evanguy2004 wrote:I live in Monroe, CT and have been by the Warren's home many times. they live on the other side of Monroe, CT. They have a scarry museum in their back of their house that has all of the cult scarry stuff in it. There is a sign on the door that says by appointment only. So if you are ever in Monroe, CT you can come see this museum for yourself. They are also around the Old Union Cemetary in Monroe, Ct too. I understand that Bob Warren is now pretty sick but Lorraine Warren is still very active around town

they have their own museum that is by appointment only?? Sounds like a tourist trap if you ask me...just another way for them to make oodles of money.....
tragicimp
Punk in Drublic

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Grave » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:57 pm

I think 4 of these people still post here... lol

I was gonna make a Warrens poll, but saw we already had one, so might as well add to it...

Anyone change their mind in the past 4 years?

Why didn't George vote?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 am

Grave wrote:Image

Batman: "Robin, I have to warn you about the dangers of wearing underwear outside your tights!"

Robin: "I know Batman, you said to shove a sock down my tights for effect!"

Batman: "Yes Robin I did say that, but I didn't say to shove them down the BACK of your tights!"
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Jetstar3D » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Cool bump Dan. I was a little iffy on what to choose. I wanted to vote that they were the real deal, but I thought 'a little of both' seemed to fit better... I guess if they weren't such 'showmans' I could have an easier time believing them.
Jetstar3D
Shiner

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion