MY VISIT TO THE HOUSE (Pix, videos, short talk with Brian).

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Dan the Damned and sherbetbizarre !

Doing well guys ?

I understand what you meant and I agree.

I never wanted to show a clear picture of Brian Wilson. As I said I could have took him since I saw him clearly when he arrived with his Ranger Rover. But I knew it was not polite or respectful. I'm not a paparazzo and I don't think we have paparazzi here :wink: So I was waiting until he entered The House to continue my shots.

No mystery surrounding him ? I would not bet about it guys :P

Anyway.. My pix where you can see him are not good enough to see his eyes colors or if he has a scare on his brow or a big or small mouth, it's just a shape, some face reflect.

You are right that we should respect his privacy and not try to catch him and post it here.

But we should not exaggerate either, he's just a guy. I'm sure he would not mind to be in the newspaper if he had done some work for a bank or whatever, he's no movie star, but a citizen (but movie star are the most taken by the way :lol: ). You can see a ton of citizen in the newspapers who are happy to be in. I was already and I don't mind.

We have to be balanced too I think, don't you ?

Ok see you later guys.

Have a nice day :idea:

Dan the Damned wrote:I just want to add - if anyone has a photo of Brian Wilson, please do not post it. He's just a guy. There's no reason for us to see what he looks like, and its really a violation of his privacy.

This guy is just the current owner of the house. He is not connected with the murders or haunting. There is no mystery surrounding him.

Sorry - just wanted to make my position clear on that before we start seeing photos pop up in the near future. :)
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:25 pm

No worries Swiss Guy. That wasn't directed only at you. It just seems from what has been posted in the past few months that people seem to be overly obsessed with "who is this Wilson guy." And I sensed that people might build on that and start trying to post his photo.

True that some people don't mind having their photo displayed in public, but this case is totally different. This isn't just some random guy - this would be the photo of someone whose name and address we knew. Someone that we KNOW desires his privacy. Its like stalking, and its wrong.

And on top of being wrong for those reasons - there is no good reason for any of us to bother this man or disrupt his privacy. Even if he spent 24 hours a day running from ghosts inside that house - that's his own business.

I have no problem with people discussing what Wilson might have done with the house, or things like that - but I do have a problem if people become too obsessed with this guy and things start to get out of hand. Again, Swiss Guy - you did nothing wrong, and I don't think you would; but I'm worried others might go to Amityville and try to snap pictures of the owner - like it was some sort of treasure hunt.

We already had one photo posted here months back where someone stuck their camera in the mail slot and snapped a few pics. That's just wrong, and we don't want it here. We don't want to be seen as contributing to that sort of behavior.

Anyway, I just wanna head this off at the pass in case things start to go down that road.

There really is no mystery behind Mr Wilson. He's just a guy who bought an infamous house. We know he wants to be left alone, so lets respect that.

Thanks for understanding. :D

COUNTRY HAM
Amityville Addict

Post by COUNTRY HAM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:18 pm

Hey, great pics!! 8-)
I think that they turned out great, the house still looks just as nice as when I went to see it.
I like the one pic. of the house across the Amityville House!
When I saw that house, I wanted to take some pictures of that, but I didn't have enough in my camera. I didn't have digital then. I do want to go back there sometime.
Once again, great pics.
Talk to you later,
COUNTRY HAM
"HOT DAMN! I'm a COUNTRY HAM!"

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi Dan The Damned :D

Thanks again for your details.

I think you are right.

We are all curious to know who lives inside The House but it's wrong to try to take pix of him badly. If we try this, it will be harder to visit The House in the future because he'll be more angry, what I can understand.

I would then recommend to visit The House during the week in the afternoon. It's the right time since he will be certainly working and then no problems to take some shots of The House without going too close.

Nice to see respectful persons here, it's a value that becomes rare our days :?

Have a nice day man :idea:

thecount
Amityville Addict

Post by thecount » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:21 am

Yeah, you're right Arch. I think most of the users on the board are good people, who treat others with respect and understanding. That's a really good thing. Thanx everyone for being good guys (and girls)! :D
-Death is a final for only the living, the spirit will always remain.

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am

I just have to chime in here, Count, and say your avatar kicks butt! I love it.
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

thecount
Amityville Addict

Post by thecount » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:44 pm

Thanx Merch!! I actually made it myself. Alooot of work I might add. :D Have a nice weekend!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:53 pm

You made that yourself? Cool. Did you draw it, too? Or just use someone else's artwork?

Good job - looks real cool either way.

Harnessracing
I'm lost...

Post by Harnessracing » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:Hi Dan The Damned :D

Thanks again for your details.

I think you are right.

We are all curious to know who lives inside The House but it's wrong to try to take pix of him badly. If we try this, it will be harder to visit The House in the future because he'll be more angry, what I can understand.

I would then recommend to visit The House during the week in the afternoon. It's the right time since he will be certainly working and then no problems to take some shots of The House without going too close.

Have a nice day man :idea:

I went to the house in June 2005 on a early Friday afternoon and not a person in sight! By the way Arch,great pictures!!!
Nuttier than a fruitcake

thecount
Amityville Addict

Post by thecount » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:You made that yourself? Cool. Did you draw it, too? Or just use someone else's artwork?

Good job - looks real cool either way.
Thanx to you too Dan! Well, I drew each and every picture and put them together. I used a program for this (trial version of something). But it turned out ok, for a first-timer. :wink: Nice weekend to ya!

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:03 am

Hi Harnessracing.

How are you doing ?

Thanks for your comment.

Did you take some pix of The House when you were there ?

Have a nice day :idea:

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 am

Awsome. Thanks for sharing.
"You told me the house was saved now."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Yeah, Harnessracing took some great shots of the house a year or 2 back. George hosted them on amityville.com - I don't know if they are still there. i don't have the old URLs. I'm sure I have copies of her pix, but can't seem to find them right now...

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:27 am

Hi Arc,

thanks for the Pics they where really good :)

Even though i'm not a believer I also found it odd about the Babylon reference.. weird hey ...

Revelation 17:5 - And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Isaiah 21:9 - And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:24 am

Arc,

I hope you know when Brian Wilson said "Move along Swiss guy." he ment "Get lost and never come back".

You probably should have scattered as soon as you saw the car move up in the drive way. Lots of times the police gets involved when someone has their picture taken in front of the house.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:24 am

...on the other hand, if that happened, you might have gotten some cool shots of the police station, too! :D

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:41 pm

thanks for the pictures man. Great job capturing the "feel" of the place. Thanks Architect

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:33 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:Arc,

I hope you know when Brian Wilson said "Move along Swiss guy." he ment "Get lost and never come back".

You probably should have scattered as soon as you saw the car move up in the drive way. Lots of times the police gets involved when someone has their picture taken in front of the house.
Also Arch you mentioned in a previous posting that you stayed on the sidewalk all the while you show a pciture of yourself standing on Brian's front lawn! LOL What's up with that dude? LOL

Rawmeat
Amityville Member

Post by Rawmeat » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:17 pm

So does your National Anthem mean "Land of the Free" only some times? He was on the side walk, I would think that is public ground. Now I know that there may be a loitering bylaw, but since he only stayed for a short while I don't think that could apply. To get arrested he would need to be beligerent or propose harm in some way. Unless a person breaks a law in some way there is nothing the house owner can do about people walking by and taking pictures. As long as they don't stay too long.

Staying off the lawn may be a good idea. But in my pratice it is rare that the property line is exactly on the side walk. More than likely there is 2'-4' from the side walk that is public domain. Although that doesn't mean that a court could not impose a peeping tom rule.

With that said, I personaly would never go to the house or take pictures of it. I have the advantage of many of you doing it for me. This is a great site.

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:50 pm

as far as i can tell, he was on some grass towards the street on the other side of the sidewalk, away from the lawn.
i doubt you can get arrested for that. It also sounds like he was polite enough and left when asked. Nothing like back when the original movie came out and "hoards of tourists from all over the globe" caused such a stir... He did buy the damn Amityville house afterall...I wouldnt worry too much about the ocassional tourist, and it sounds like Mr Wilson didnt.

thecount
Amityville Addict

Post by thecount » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:09 am

evanguy2004 wrote:

Also Arch you mentioned in a previous posting that you stayed on the sidewalk all the while you show a pciture of yourself standing on Brian's front lawn! LOL What's up with that dude? LOL
Evanguy: it looks to me that Arch is standing on the lawn which is between the road and the sidewalk. Mr. Wilsons lawn is further back, "behind" the sidewalk.