Fr Malachi Martin - mentioning Amityville - Part II

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Fr Malachi Martin - mentioning Amityville - Part II

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 am

Hello folks!

For a number of months I have been accessing the site containing archived interviews by Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM. This archive contained the third part of the 2002 interview with George Lutz where Joel Martin made a brief appearance to answer questions and to briefly mention his involvement in the Amityville case - transcripts of these were done as part of Dan's project on transcribing Amityville-related interviews over the past thirty years.

During the time I have frequented the archives, I have also downloaded and listened to interviews with Dr Barry Taff of the Entity case, Al Bielek of the Philadelphia Experiment as well as Preston Nicholls from Montauk Project. During the latter interviews I came upon Preston Nicholls answering a caller's question relating to the Amityville and how Nicholls mentioned being involved in an investigation on the house as part of a team of parapsychologists - unfortunately he did not mention when the investigation took place or on who requested such an investigation.

Now I finally get to Father Malachi Martin and how it was mentioned by Art Bell to George Lutz at the start of the 2002 interview how Father Malachi mentioned the house being "the most haunted in all of America" to paraphrase.

On the archived site there is a section available for discussion threads where shows can be requested and questions can be answered by those who are presumably "in the know" - that is, they appear to have a sound knowledge base on Art Bell interviews and given they moderate both the archives and the forum, they would have a reasonable knowledge as to the material discussed on a great many interviews - and if they don't know then no doubt they can tap into whoever or whatever resource to find out or provide a reasonable explaination albeit conclusive or otherwise.

I took this opportunity to ask about Father Malachi Martin's mentioning of Amityville to Art Bell:

Fr Malachi Martin - mentioning Amityville
Feb 5th, 2009, 1:50am
I was wondering if anybody could help me with this one.

During his 2002 interview with George Lutz it was mentioned by Art Bell to George that Fr. Malachi Martin mentioned the house in Amityville as the most haunted house in all of America.

I have been trying to locate this interview with Malachi Martin that Art refers to him mentioning the house in Amityville but have not had much luck.

I know George Lutz was trying to find this interview before he passed away in 2006.

Can anybody help?

I got a response from ByteMonster, the Adminstrator:

Re: Fr Malachi Martin - mentioning Amityville
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2009, 4:08am

Hi Brendan, welcome to the site.

I'm guessing you've found your way here through the Amityville Forum? We get visits from that site from time to time.

I just skimmed through the original 1996 interview with Malachi Martin and also through the April 1997 interview with no success. The closest I found was that houses can have spirits that attach themselves, but no specific reference to Amityville.

There's at least one more show to go through but it's getting late for me so I'll tackle it tomorrow unless someone comes back with an answer to your query.

There is the possibility that Malachi may have mentioned it to Art during a private conversation. Art mentioned having several such conversations while he was alive.

I have not responded to the above reply to see whether ByteMonster had come across anything in his continued search.

Since reading this reply I have come to realise that perhaps there was no mentioning on-air by Fr. Martin of the house in Amityville - and that if there was any mention it was perhaps during an off-air discussion, as mentioned in the above response.
- Brendan72

"Consideration for others is the basic of a good life, a good society."
- Confucius. Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:51 am

Cheers, Brendan :)
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 am

No problems.

I'm guessing Art Bell got confused with one of the off-air discussions perhaps during a break on one of the interviews he did with Fr. Malachi Martin. So when he mentioned it to George during their on-air interview it was appropriate to mention that "during the course of a live interview" Malachi Martin made reference to the Amityville case - technically that could be interpreted as during the course of a live interview while during an off-air commercial break.

Even if this were the case, perhaps such discussions were taped and not aired, and in this case such conversation made public would be indeed very interesting to listen to - even if it were edited to remove irrelevant and private topics discussed.

It is a shame though ... I know George would have wanted to have heard such an interview as it may have assisted him in getting the message out there having Malachi Martin publicly supporting the case.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

Joel Martin is someone who has wavered on whether he's a believer in Amityville. And according to this 2007 George Noory book, Martin claimed it was Father Malachi Martin to blame for opening a portal to hell, after the Lutzes left!

My friend and guest on Coast to Coast, national bestselling author, paranormal researcher, and radio host, Joel Martin, tells an incredible story of the Amityville Horror, a case he investigated at the time the story of the haunted house on Long Island was first in the news. He says that at first go-round, there was no ghost. The complete story was a hoax.

(...)

The story of a house haunted by demons that terrorized a family was so compelling that even though the local police force called it a hoax, as did the local diocese, exorcists seemed to appear from out of the woodwork.

One of them, Joel told me, was the very celebrated Father Malachi Martin. It was at the point that the exorcisms began that bad things began to happen. Joel Martin explains that it was as if Father Martin and the other paranormal practitioners opened up the heavy door of a pit into the other world, out of which flew all kinds of evil.

Joel said that as an investigator, he experienced all sorts of malevolent events, including the death of his former wife as the result of a freak set of occurrences. The Amityville Horror story may have started out as a hoax, Joel explains, but the very act of opening a doorway into the world of dark spirits, the world of evil, let these spirits into our world where they began wreaking havoc in the lives of those circulating around the story.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2069.html?theme=light

The page then discusses hearing "another story about Malachi Martin, which was very instructive about the nature of evil and how it enters the world through the frivolous behavior of unwary individuals."

I'm surprised that page links to Amazon, as the book reviews are mainly one stars!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0765320134/ctoc

Brendan, have you listened to any Noory/Martin shows?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Wow. That Joel Martin is all over the map. I don't wanna drag this thread off-topic from one Martin to the other, though. Good work, Brendan! :D
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:25 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Brendan, have you listened to any Noory/Martin shows?

Unfortunately not yet as I believe they have not uploaded those particularly interviews onto the archived server yet.

I might request it though.

If they upload them I'll let you know and give you the link to it.

I have recently downloaded interviews about an off-topic interview with a man who discussed weapons developed by Nazi scientists during WW2 - and they have alot of topics discussed regarding remote viewing etc.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Aren't a lot of the old Art Bell interviews archived online? I thought I remember seeing an archive somewhere that had a bunch of his old Coast to Coast shows. I was gonna show the link (to George's interview) to GoonieNick, who seemed to be looking for Amityville interviews.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:05 am

Here's the URL to the site:

http://coast.gmms.ca/#page_home.html
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby GoonieNick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:12 am

Thanks guys,

I sent an email to art bell asking about 3 dates that I saw there were shows. Tons of archives on the site but not for the 3 pertaining to Amityville.
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:32 pm

The interview Art Bell did with George Lutz is there. Dec 27, 2002. You must not have looked very hard. Use the link Brendan gave above.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 am

GoonieNick wrote:Thanks guys,

I sent an email to art bell asking about 3 dates that I saw there were shows. Tons of archives on the site but not for the 3 pertaining to Amityville.

Click on the link below, taking you directly to 2002 shows:

http://coast.gmms.ca/#page_C2002.html

Scroll down almost to the bottom and you'll find this:

2002-12-27 - Hour 2 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
2002-12-27 - Hour 3 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
2002-12-27 - Hour 4 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell

Only hours 2 to 4 contain the George Lutz interview - the first hour contains Open Line segment (usually crackpots wearing tinfoil hats whose dogs talk to them).
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby TigresMeow » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Hey now! My dogs talk to me! :P

That, or maybe I just understand their "language."
If you're gonna kick a tiger in the ass, you better have a plan to deal with it's teeth.

RIP 15

"Have the dogs stopped barking, Clarice?"
TigresMeow
Yo Adrian I luv black caulk

Postby GoonieNick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
GoonieNick wrote:Thanks guys,

Click on the link below, taking you directly to 2002 shows:

http://coast.gmms.ca/#page_C2002.html

Scroll down almost to the bottom and you'll find this:

2002-12-27 - Hour 2 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
2002-12-27 - Hour 3 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
2002-12-27 - Hour 4 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell

Only hours 2 to 4 contain the George Lutz interview - the first hour contains Open Line segment (usually crackpots wearing tinfoil hats whose dogs talk to them).

Thanks for this Link! I am wondering if you might be able to find the Lou Gentile Show audio files. He is with cafepress and he did one with Joel Martin which I have, but I don't have the one with Lutz or the Warrens. If you can find this it would be awesome to hear!
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon May 25, 2009 3:19 pm

VampireKen told me about a book he had called "Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places" by Brad Steiger. I was looking at what they had to say about Amityville through Amazon's "look inside" feature, and they mostly talk about George's appearance on Art Bell.

On page 36 they say:

On a December 3, 1997, interview with Art Bell, Father Malachi Martin, who served as an advisor to two popes and was a best-selling author and expert on exorcism, said of the house in Amityville: "I've been to it. The Amity horror was really a horror, it really was. It was real; it was generally gruesom and real, and it was very unpleasant." When asked if the force was still in the home, Fr. Martin responded, "I'd be inclined to think that it is there because it was never properly cleansed."

Not sue how accurate their quotes are, of course, as they misquoted George slightly on a previous page. :?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 am

The only 1997 Art Bell interviews with Malachi Martin that I know of are on 4 April and 7 November.

Here's the link:

http://coast.gmms.ca/#page_C1997.html

I'm currently downloading the 7 November interviews as I have not listened to these yet. There are 5 parts to that particular interview, so I do not know whether this is the one where Fr. Martin mentions Amityville or not.

Will keep you posted IF I hear something.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Wed May 27, 2009 8:40 am

Cheers, Brendan!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby GoonieNick » Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks for that link. That is awesome! I was always curious if Father Martin gave any interviews. It will take a while to listen to all of them and see what and how much he mentions about Amityville!

Big Time Cheers,

:P
GoonieNick
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 am

Not sure how accurate that book is. As I mentioned, they misquoted George from that interview, so it may be a bit sloppy. They may have gotten that date wrong. But I do remember how George was searching for that interview with Martin as well -- it was something he really wanted to hear after being told about it by Art.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brendan72 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:26 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Cheers, Brendan!

Well I fell asleep listening to it so if he mentioned it I missed it ... next time I listen to it I'll put some matches under my eyelids to keep them from closing ... lmao
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Brendan72 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 am

Well I listened to the Art Bell interview with Fr Malachi Martin from November 7th, 1997, and no mention of Amityville during the entire 4 hour interview.

Other Art Bell interviews I have with Fr. Malachi Martin are:

* April 4th, 1997 - Exorcisms
* October 18th, 1996 - Exorcisms
* May 4th, 1998 - The Vatican Murders
* November 15th, 1996 - Exorcisms and Remote Viewing (with Major Ed Dames)

I'm not sure how many others there are as yet to be put on the archives, but I am persistent. Unfortunately Father Malachi Martin passed away in 1999, so I am not sure how many interviews he had with Art Bell during the 1990's.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion