Rick Moran on White Noise Paranormal Radio

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:46 pm

you know its fun to sit back and watch these people make asses of themselves...
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:37 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Still an hour to go...
...In which Amityville was not mentioned, lol.

It's worth mentioning Hoffman - Moran says he pulled out of Weber's book because he did not want to write up the Lutzes experiences as real... BUT... Hoffman did in fact write two Lutz articles on behalf of Weber - the 2nd of which Good Housekeeping - so he didn't exactly pull out for moral reasons, which Moran hints at.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:52 pm

SwingMan wrote: I'm about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through right now. The guy's quite a storyteller. :lol: "In regular contact with Ronnie DeFeo"? "Ronnie was a gun/firearms instructor"? - where the hell does he pull this stuff out of?
He gets his ideas from the same place you mentioned being perforated from sitting on the fence.

And this is interesting about Moran - his claims on Amityville are backwards - his ideas and opinions on the matter come from one end and crap comes from the other.

Again, all BACKWARDS!!
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:43 am

Here's an earlier White Noise show with Alexandra Holzer - where she talks about her fathers involvement in Amityville:

blogtalkradio/holzer

blueroc85
IROC-Z Affinity

Post by blueroc85 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:28 pm

It amazes me that anyone even wanted to do an interview with this man as he does not seem to be very credible IMO.

"Amityville Expert"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... That cracks me up!

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:15 am

Self Proclaimed Amityville Expert

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:35 am

blueroc85 wrote:It amazes me that anyone even wanted to do an interview with this man as he does not seem to be very credible IMO.

"Amityville Expert"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... That cracks me up!
In this case, I think they were looking to be entertained rather than informed, unfortunately... unbeknowst to Moran, there is a difference between the two.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:22 am

I listened to this interview and must say that the more the guy talked the more I became convinced that as far as as the haunting was concerned everything he was saying about it was based on the book as opposed to what really happened.

Which is interesting since he says it is a hoax yet claims the dramatic lisence taken in the book is fact - example, Father Ray was Kathy's psychiatrist?

He also tended to put his own spin on the murders - how Dawn dumped the rifle off the peer herself while Butch remained at the house under the influence of drugs?

Also interesting how he said a police officer let him into the house to check out the crime scene.

Also how he claimed that George Lutz talked to him during an interview and supposedly said that "whoever lives last (presumably between himself and Kathy) laughs last" ... I mean seriously???
- Brendan72

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:18 am

Also interesting how he said a police officer let him into the house to check out the crime scene.

He said this about himself?!?!
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 am

Howard64 wrote:

He said this about himself?!?!
Moran claims he knew the officer - apparently he was a police officer at one stage himself - whether this be true or not I am unsure.
- Brendan72

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 am

So let me get this straight, a police officer...sworn to uphold the law, lets a civilian into a mass murder crime scene to look around?!

I smell something...and i think it hit the fan before it landed

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:36 am

Maybe this was the same police officer who sat there, in front of the house, while Butch/Dawn walked around committing the murders? :roll:

And I don't think retired police officers can just galevant (sp?) into a murder scene just 'cause they once wore a badge. I don't think police officers would allow him to do it, even if they knew them well.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Howard64 wrote:So let me get this straight, a police officer...sworn to uphold the law, lets a civilian into a mass murder crime scene to look around?!

I smell something...and i think it hit the fan before it landed
I agree with you...I've only seen that sort of thing happen in the movies or on television...just don't buy it.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Here's the actual quote:
RICK MORAN: And so my first introduction to Amityville was the murders. Sometime after that I went out to take some photographs of the building in daylight, and the officer who was guarding the front door was a personal friend of mine. He said, "Do you wanna see the place?" So I was actually in the house, you know, long before the Lutzes even thought about buying the house. At that point it was a gruesome scene, but I felt nothing that would suggest that there was anything paranormal going on there.
I certainly don't believe this happened, either; but as Rick described it, I can see it being possible (depending on how many days after the murders this supposedly happened). Of course, the cop guarding the door was risking getting in big trouble, but cops have been known to not always play by the rules.

The main reason I don't believe this story is:
  • 1) I think Rick tends to lie a lot

2) We never heard Rick make this claim before (and he has written a few articles about amityville since 1978)

3) If this was "long before the Lutzes even thought about buying the house," then why would he note that nothing paranormal was in evidence? Why would he be looking for that in 1975?

4) No photos from inside the house? He says he went to the house that day to take some shots of the house in the daylight. So he had his camera with him. Having such rare access to the house (which apparently other journalists didn't have) would have been a tremendous scoop. So where are these photos?

VicRealty
Amityville Member

Post by VicRealty » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Its hard for me to figure out how Moran gets his head out of his Arse to even do an interview. :lol:

fi fi
Amityville Member

Post by fi fi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm

I think it's possible for a cop in a fairly small town back in the '70's to allow a friend into a crime scene, but improbable. Even if it did happen, what is Moran's point? The Lutzes themselves felt nothing strange their first visit.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:44 pm

The only point he seems to make is when he says he didn't notice anything paranormal, but this is a year before the Lutzes bought the place, so "paranormal" wouldn't be on the agenda during that visit (assuming, of course, that this visit even took place).

It also could simply be a way of making himself appear to be more of an "expert" in the matter, being "the first journalist allowed inside the house after the murders."

fi fi
Amityville Member

Post by fi fi » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 am

I don't think he knows anything. Funny how George and Kathy were called opportunists, and the people who constantly seek to drag their name through the mud in the name of "truth" are the most guilty of exploiting their story.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 am

some people will do anything for fame, glory, money...

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I realize this Rick Moran interview is old news, but I just uploaded a transcript of it and added 30 endnotes which dissect his main errors/lies/whatever.

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/intrmwn.html

For those still wondering if Moran is trustworthy, I think this interview page is an eye-opener. :D

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:26 am

Great work Dan!!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."