Jodie/Missy~

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Jodie/Missy~

Post by Tim » Wed May 06, 2009 7:02 pm

I wonder if Missy was ever frightened, considering Jodie was her "friend"? Or if she would talk to Jodie about her parents being scared to death?

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Wed May 06, 2009 8:57 pm

From what I gathered Jodie never appeared to Missy in a frightening way. Missy asked Kathy if 'Angels could talk', so it doesn't sound like Missy was ever frightened. Jodie did appear to her as a pig though, I guess if I was her age I wouldn't be scared of that, if it happened to me now it would be another story...

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Jodie/Missy~

Post by Tim » Wed May 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey Jet, My post didn't turn out the way I wanted it to... It was my first posted question and when I wrote it I was thinking along the lines of Jodie being the one whose causing all the problems and yet being a good friend for Missy to come to and console................Kinda like two-faced? you know? it just struck me as being a very creepy thing. The deception.And certainly something that would cause "confusion" as one would expect in tne mind of a 5 year old..........

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 pm

I wonder if Jodie was a manifestation of the evil force in the house, or maybe a spirit that was attempting to shield Missy from the evil...

I know most feel Jodie was evil, but... Who knows...

Then again, Jodie told Missy that they would live in that Amityville house forever. That doesn't seem very pleasant...

Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Post by Kinzoku » Thu May 07, 2009 3:28 am

sure, now puts up scariest part of 'that' movie.....

".....forever and ever and...ever..............."

Creepy

daiichi
Amityville Member

Re: Jodie/Missy~

Post by daiichi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:44 am

A random thought about Jodie and Missy...

Okay, so I have a 5-year-old daughter. Exact same age as Missy was when she supposedly struck up a friendship with a demonic pig named Jodie. Now here's the thing... 5-year-old kids aren't idiots. Yes, they say some weird things and do some funny things that don't necessarily make sense to adults. Sometimes my daughter will say something funny or ask a weird question and I'll wonder where she learned it. But I don't attribute it to a ghost... :rotate: Kids this age are clever little people.

That being said, they haven't fully formed their understanding of the world. They're highly impressionable and they have powerful imaginations. But they're not stupid and they CAN tell the difference between REAL KIDS and a shape-shifting little boy/girl/pig that turns up in their bedroom one day. The latter would be a terrifying experience that would send the child running for her parents. She wouldn't be nonchalantly talking about it later, like, 'Oh I have this friend Jodie who shows up out of nowhere, who can change into a pig or anything she wants. She can even be as big as a house!'

My kids are scared by shadows on the wall, or even the movement of the curtains in their bedroom if the ceiling fan is turned on. And that's after I reassure them that there's nothing to be scared of. Granted, not all children are the same, but I just have a hard time believing George and Kathy's interpretation of this event, and I think they allowed their own internal cognitive biases color this episode into something paranormal, when in reality it was a playful story sprung from the mind of an imaginative little girl.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 pm

daiichi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:44 am
A random thought about Jodie and Missy...

Okay, so I have a 5-year-old daughter. Exact same age as Missy was when she supposedly struck up a friendship with a demonic pig named Jodie. Now here's the thing... 5-year-old kids aren't idiots. Yes, they say some weird things and do some funny things that don't necessarily make sense to adults. Sometimes my daughter will say something funny or ask a weird question and I'll wonder where she learned it. But I don't attribute it to a ghost... :rotate: Kids this age are clever little people.

That being said, they haven't fully formed their understanding of the world. They're highly impressionable and they have powerful imaginations. But they're not stupid and they CAN tell the difference between REAL KIDS and a shape-shifting little boy/girl/pig that turns up in their bedroom one day. The latter would be a terrifying experience that would send the child running for her parents. She wouldn't be nonchalantly talking about it later, like, 'Oh I have this friend Jodie who shows up out of nowhere, who can change into a pig or anything she wants. She can even be as big as a house!'

My kids are scared by shadows on the wall, or even the movement of the curtains in their bedroom if the ceiling fan is turned on. And that's after I reassure them that there's nothing to be scared of. Granted, not all children are the same, but I just have a hard time believing George and Kathy's interpretation of this event, and I think they allowed their own internal cognitive biases color this episode into something paranormal, when in reality it was a playful story sprung from the mind of an imaginative little girl.
Even Chris years later said he thought it was Missy's imaginary friend and nothing more.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Even Chris years later said he thought it was Missy's imaginary friend and nothing more.
Are you sure about that? :think:

Stephanie2019
Amityville Member

Post by Stephanie2019 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:54 pm

I may have to agree. When I was 5 or 6 years old, my bedroom faced the street, and even lights shining on the walls at night from passing cars would freak me out. So, if I had seen some strange animal or "person" materialize out of nowhere, I would have went running into my parents room so fast, my feet wouldn't even touch the floor.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:53 am

Here is something that you have to remember about kids at the age of five. At that age they believe that there is a jolly old fat man that comes down the chimney every Christmas to bring them gifts. They also believe that there is a fairy that gives them money every time they lose a tooth. Let us not forget the Easter Bunny who hides eggs full of candy every Easter. If kids believe in these things, is it really that big of a stretch that they could believe in a friendly talking pig? Its not to say that there wouldn't be kids that would freak out at the idea of a talking pig. You have to remember that not all kids are the same. I have heard of kids at five who are scared of their own shadow and others that are completely fearless, even in situations where they shouldn't be. In this particular situation, if the entity was friendly and didn't show any hostility to towards Missy, maybe she wouldn't have had any reason to fear it.

I am being hypothetical about all this, since I am not sure how I feel the validity of the AH haunting now a days.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 am

Kids are not stupid. I saw a ghost of a dog when i was around that age, and knew the difference between that and a shadow. It was literally two feet in front of my face and then disappeared. The curtains, sounds from the rest of the house were perfectly normal, I clearly wasn't dreaming. I'm sure Missy went through a similar thing.

But you'll never be able to prove either way.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm

"Kids are not stupid."

I never said they were. That wasn't my point at all. My point was that they have active imaginations and some respond to things differently than others. By the way you do realize that being afraid of your own shadow is an expression, right? I didn't mean it literally. I meant that not all kids are the same. Some kids are easily frightened and some aren't.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Wallace wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm
"Kids are not stupid."

I never said they were. That wasn't my point at all. My point was that they have active imaginations and some respond to things differently than others. By the way you do realize that being afraid of your own shadow is an expression, right? I didn't mean it literally. I meant that not all kids are the same. Some kids are easily frightened and some aren't.
Yeah I'm aware, but you kinda insulted their intelligence. Children make their own minds about stuff, and they know when they see and hear things being real or not. And i'm quite sure there were too many coincidences around Missy that aren't just in her head. Other people were affected. That's some imagination to get others to see her influence, wouldn't you say?

Not sure you have kids yourself but it's a sweeping generalisation you made that I didn't like, but doesn't make you a bad person or anything.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:35 pm

No I don't have kids. One does not need to have kids to know that they generally have active imaginations and that not all of them react the same way in certain situations. I'm sorry, but I don't see how I insulted their intelligence at all. I especially don't see how I made any sweeping generalization about kids, when I actually acknowledged that not all kids are the same. That's the polar opposite of a generalization. The fact that you seem to believe that all kids will react the same way to the same situation is actually more of a generalization than anything I wrote.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:52 pm

"And i'm quite sure there were too many coincidences around Missy that aren't just in her head. Other people were affected. That's some imagination to get others to see her influence, wouldn't you say?"

I am not even sure why you brought that up, considering that I wasn't really arguing one way or another about what Missy experienced. I was being hypothetical about why she wouldn't have initially feared an entity like Jodie. Now, whether you believe that Jodie was real or not, kind of depends on how you feel about every other aspect of AH. These day I am kind on the fence about the whole thing.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:24 am

First post is irrelevant to topic.

Missy and Jodie are an imperative part of the whole haunting. You can't brand the whole thing fake because it's a kid involved. :D

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm

"Missy and Jodie are an imperative part of the whole haunting. You can't brand the whole thing fake because it's a kid involved. "

I did no such thing. I didn't even brand the whole thing fake. Which part of I am on the fence about AH don't you understand? I don't know if you have a reading comprehension problem or can't understand the meaning of words such as generalization or common expressions, but you don't seem to be comprehending any of the points that I am making. I would be more inclined to cut you some slack, if you would man-up and admit that you misunderstood what I wrote in those posts, instead of doubling-down and continuing to argue with me even on the points that we actually seem to be in agreement on. Doubling down only works when you are right, otherwise you look foolish trying to counter an argument that nobody is really making. That's what many would call a straw man. :think:

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Wallace wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm
"Missy and Jodie are an imperative part of the whole haunting. You can't brand the whole thing fake because it's a kid involved. "

I did no such thing. I didn't even brand the whole thing fake. Which part of I am on the fence about AH don't you understand? I don't know if you have a reading comprehension problem or can't understand the meaning of words such as generalization or common expressions, but you don't seem to be comprehending any of the points that I am making. I would be more inclined to cut you some slack, if you would man-up and admit that you misunderstood what I wrote in those posts, instead of doubling-down and continuing to argue with me even on the points that we actually seem to be in agreement on. Doubling down only works when you are right, otherwise you look foolish trying to counter an argument that nobody is really making. That's what many would call a straw man. :think:
No I didn't misunderstand anything, and since you're proving to be sensitive and taking things personally by lashing out, as well as derailing the thread, I'm no longer continuing with you.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 am

"No I didn't misunderstand anything, and since you're proving to be sensitive and taking things personally by lashing out, as well as derailing the thread, I'm no longer continuing with you."

So instead of showing some decency and admitting that you are wrong, you choose to run away. That's just fine by me. Also I don't think you understand the meaning of the words lashing out. Simple trying to correct the things that you have wrongfully accused me of writing is not lashing out. Hopefully in the future when you try to engage with somebody you will show them a little more respect than you have shown me, instead of putting words in their mouths and then acting like the victim when they try to correct you.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:21 am

Wallace wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 am
"No I didn't misunderstand anything, and since you're proving to be sensitive and taking things personally by lashing out, as well as derailing the thread, I'm no longer continuing with you."

So instead of showing some decency and admitting that you are wrong, you choose to run away. That's just fine by me. Also I don't think you understand the meaning of the words lashing out. Simple trying to correct the things that you have wrongfully accused me of writing is not lashing out. Hopefully in the future when you try to engage with somebody you will show them a little more respect than you have shown me, instead of putting words in their mouths and then acting like the victim when they try to correct you.
I'd help you further but since you aren't able to even use the quote function correctly after calling me a fool, no point wasting my time. :clap:

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:28 am

Anyway back on topic. :D

Definitely want to buy this Halloween mask.

https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/lic ... -mask.html