Original Anson book readable online

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
shuggins
Amityville Addict

Original Anson book readable online

Post by shuggins » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:26 am

Before I posted this, I painstakingly did a search to find out if it'd been posted before. Sorry, if it already has been.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6719656/Jay-A ... lle-Horror

I was totally looking for something else and this just popped up. Being as obsessive as I am... I read the whole thing in just under 4 hours. Just couldn't stop. It had been 25 years since I'd read the book....and was reminded how simple and effective Anson's writing was.

It truly is interesting to be refreshed with that book and then come back here to peruse some of the old posts here about the case. Also, it was very interesting to come across so many events in the story that made me roll my eyes after being a lurker here for the last three years - and learning of what George said really happened and did not. Jay Anson had a pretty good imagination for sure.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Thank you-I'll have to check this out....
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm

1) Thanks for posting this

2) Thanks for looking to see if it had already been posted

3) Welcome to the board

4) :D

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:45 pm

why thank you, Dan.

What do you guys think of the "writing style" of Mr. Anson? I have not read his other stuff (eg: "666"), but I like the simplistic style of Amityville Horror.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:03 pm

My feelings are "if it works, it works." It doesn't need to be flowery and grand and pretty. Anson certainly doesn't let style get in the way of substance...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:24 am

Anson's day job was writing documentaries... and it shows. The style is a major reason it was such a huge seller, imo.

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Re: Original Anson book readable online

Post by # 13 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 am

shuggins wrote: I was totally looking for something else and this just popped up. Being as obsessive as I am... I read the whole thing in just under 4 hours. Just couldn't stop. It had been 25 years since I'd read the book....and was reminded how simple and effective Anson's writing was.
Welcome to the board.

Ya, it takes me about that long to read it too. Yes, Anson's writing was simple and to the point (and just a little corny in parts :lol: )
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

djsacrosanct
Amityville Member

Post by djsacrosanct » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Does anyone know who owns the rights to this book? I notice that the original Scribd link was taken down.

I found a site that you can pick up the ebook for $2.95 http://theamityvillehorror.net/

This lead me to see who owns that site, thinking the proper rights holder would be listed https://who.is/whois/theamityvillehorror.net

Notice the city of origin.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Removed by L Anson, lol.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

djsacrosanct
Amityville Member

Post by djsacrosanct » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:Removed by L Anson, lol.
lol right!

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:59 pm

djsacrosanct wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Removed by L Anson, lol.
lol right!
That's the reason it's down for me. That his wife or partner?
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

djsacrosanct
Amityville Member

Post by djsacrosanct » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 pm

I was wondering that myself, but I'm unable to pull up any children, etc that he may have had.