Peter Jordan brought a hauntingly good time to APSU

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Peter Jordan brought a hauntingly good time to APSU

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Austin Peay State University’s Homecoming festivities continued last night with a visit by Paranormal Researcher Peter Jordan. Mr Jordan has spent 30 years investigating things that often cannot be explained by scientific means.

During his presentation Jordan showed a number of intriguing videos and other photographic evidence he collected during his years as an investigator. He spoke of his various investigations including Gettysburg, Amityville, and Spontaneous human combustion.

Full article below includes some Amityville slides, two of which may be from his "investigation" with Rick Moran when the Cromarties owned the house...

http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2009/10/27/peter-jordan-brought-a-haunting-good-time-to-apsu/
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby MerchBoi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:32 pm

He investigated during the Cromarties? What were his findings?
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE
MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Peter Jordan co-authored the article "The Amityville Horror Hoax" with Ric Moran in 1978. More recently, he posted an article at paranormalsoup.com: http://tinyurl.com/nbnatq - still maintaining that it was all a hoax.

In an interview with one of the recent UK documentaries on Amityville, Jordan seems to be pushing the "Jodie was a cat" theory (while his one-time partner Rick Moran claims the eyes in the window were not a cat, but lights from a distant Coast Guard tower).
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Howard64 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:25 pm

how did the cat get up to the second floor to peer in the window?
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:42 pm

George wondered that, too.

from "The Real Amityville Horror" doc:

PETER JORDAN: There was a picture that Missy had drawn, one of the Lutz children, of Jodie the demonic pig that she said would alternately appear up on the second floor window sill with its red eyes peering in. So I talked with some of the neighbors and one of the neighbors said oh, what does it look like? And we showed the picture that was in the book and they said oh, that's the cat that Ronald DeFeo called 'The Pig' cos he was fat.

RUFUS IRELAND: Well the pig happened to be -- my wife had a Persian cat and it was a Persian cat, I'm sure.

PETER JORDAN: This cat would actually jump up at the window and stand there and stare with those red glowing eyes.

from Tim Yancey's 2004 interview with George Lutz:

GEORGE LUTZ: I think... Well one of the things that's been said -- over the last few years, especially -- is that the neighbors had a cat named Evinrude, and that was probably what the red eyes were outside, but there's no way for a cat to have gotten up to the 2nd story window sill and survived getting down. Maybe a cat could climb up, but there's nothing to hold onto there, if you see the pictures of the house, or the way that it was then. And I'm not sure that those windows are any different now.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Howard64 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 pm

exactly my point there was no way i could see for the cat to get up there...:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby VampireKen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:54 pm

The one pic of Jordan shows the sewing room during the Cromarty period.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Re: Peter Jordan brought a hauntingly good time to APSU

Postby roland410 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 am

Awesome!! It’s just what I need!! Thanks!........
roland410
Amityville Member

Postby Rhiannon99 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:24 pm

More recently, he posted an article at paranormalsoup.com: http://tinyurl.com/nbnatq - still maintaining that it was all a hoax.

The article contains this statement:
Newspapers such as Newsday and the now defunct Long Island Press splashed coverage on the story, reporting that De Feo's defense attorney, William Weber, had been introduced to the Lutzes in January by "mutual friends" and was now providing them "legal advice."

If Weber was providing the Lutzes legal advice (and the newspapers could be wrong on that), wouldn't attorney/client privilege would kick in regarding anything the Lutzes told Weber?
Rhiannon99
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Well, he was certainly never hired by them in any capicity!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re:

Postby Brooke Forrester » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Howard64 wrote:exactly my point there was no way i could see for the cat to get up there...:)

Also, I've never seen a cat's eyes appear red when they glow. Unless I've just never seen it, but it always looks more gold, green or maybe bluish, purplish, but never red. Maybe this is different with some cats, who knows.

And even if the eyes were the cat, that doesn't explain the other stories about Jodie in the book.

I have to edit my statement! I did see a reddish color in my cat's glowing eyes just now, lol!
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Re: Re:

Postby csullivan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Howard64 wrote:exactly my point there was no way i could see for the cat to get up there...:)

Also, I've never seen a cat's eyes appear red when they glow. Unless I've just never seen it, but it always looks more gold, green or maybe bluish, purplish, but never red. Maybe this is different with some cats, who knows.

And even if the eyes were the cat, that doesn't explain the other stories about Jodie in the book.

I have to edit my statement! I did see a reddish color in my cat's glowing eyes just now, lol!

here is what was said in the movie-

Kathy:What I saw was not a cat.

George:It could've climbed up the ivy.
It's all over the side
of the damn house.

i know this is just from the movie but just thought i would include it

on a more serious note....i have 2 cats.. the other day i heard meowing much more than usual and i could not find out where it was coming from.. when i got into the kitchen i was shocked that one of my cats (her name is midnight) was on top of the fridge.. this is a big fridge .. she did not want to jump down i could not believe how she got up there..i had to get on top of a chair to get her off ..this is the same cat that i watched at christmas time climb to the top of my christmas tree with no problem but once she was all the way up there ...well lets just say there went the tree...she knocked it over ...and this is a very large tree...reached my ceiling and i have a cathedral type ceiling in my living room...as far as red eyes in animals...i have only seen that in certain pictures i have taken...and that goes for dogs or cats...i have never seen red eyes in any dog or cat with my own eyes...only in like i said pictures that i have taken
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby kathyM » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 am

Wow, was there ivy on the side of the house? I will have to look up old pics to see that.
kathyM
Princess

Re:

Postby Dan the Damned » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:53 am

That ivy thing is a quote from the movie. The fictional movie. What George really said about the possibility of a cat being mistaken for "jodie" was this:

GEORGE LUTZ: I think... Well one of the things that's been said -- over the last few years, especially -- is that the neighbors had a cat named Evinrude, and that was probably what the red eyes were outside, but there's no way for a cat to have gotten up to the 2nd story window sill and survived getting down. Maybe a cat could climb up, but there's nothing to hold onto there, if you see the pictures of the house, or the way that it was then. And I'm not sure that those windows are any different now.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Return to Amityville Discussion