Sylvia Browne on the AH

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Sylvia Browne on the AH

Postby msmart112 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:49 pm

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby Jetstar3D » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:03 pm

To this day the Lutzes can't seem to land on a story they're comfy with. In one interview for example, George Lutz said that on their last night in the house, before they ran for their lives, abandoning everything they owned, he was in bed, helpless, unable to move or even cry out, for reasons he couldn't quite articulate, while his wife levitated above the bed, and he could hear his children's beds upstairs slamming against the floor as if they were being lifted in the air and then suddenly dropped.

In another interview George Lutz said that what happened in the house on their last night there was simply too horrible to describe. The question "So which is it?" leaps to mind.

Whats the difference?
Jetstar3D
Shiner

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:57 pm

I guess she's saying if it's too horrible to describe on one day, it should always be too horrible to describe.

But I believe she is misquoting George. I don't think he ever said it was too horrible to describe -- I think he would just tell people that he didn't want to describe the events that night because when he did so, it caused him to relive it, and it was very unpleasant for him to do so.

Yeah, not a huge difference there (unless you're gonna use it as evidence of a hoax)...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 am

Well, I learned a little something new here; before reading, I'd never heard of the word "tulpas" before....
Actions speak louder than words....
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby MerchBoi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 am

She also doesn't seem to know much about a demonic haunting (IF that is what occurred in Amityville), because when she says folks have lived there without incident (which no one can really say for sure, anyway), she doesn't mention that demonic hauntings can "hibernate."
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE
MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Postby VampireKen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Warner Brothers pictures offered me a generous amount of money to go there [the house] and film a paranormal investigation, but I declined

I have a feeling the owner did too!
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Postby BillyCigars » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Well, he described some things about the final night but also said that there were things that happened that were so terrible that he would never tell anyone. So its not like it's a discrepancy.
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Good point.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby SilkyPup » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:30 am

I used to like Sylvia Brown but some things she says just scream "BULLSH!T" to me. In my opinion, if she was truly offered the opportunity to visit the house for a large sum of money [and even if it was for free] then she should have gone, especially if she believed the story to be false.
Im not little, Im funsize!
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 am

from here:

LisaMarie wrote:
vampy1978 wrote:i like sylvia brown.

Sylvia MAY have a gift. Mostly I hear her saying what people want to hear to some, and saying blatantly hurtful things to others. I find that very odd.

Under the fake nails and jewelry, she is an outright nasty person. My cousin Amy used to be her secretary. From that she began dating Sylvia's son - who claims to be gifted and charges an arm and a leg but can't even "guess" a pregnancy correctly.

They moved Amy into their home and basically held her prisoner. Cut her off from her family until all the boys went in and literally dragged her out.

Then this bonky woman had the NERVE to show up at my uncle's door demanding they give Amy back. Like she was some stolen dog or something.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:22 pm

SilkyPup wrote:I used to like Sylvia Brown but some things she says just scream "BULLSH!T" to me. In my opinion, if she was truly offered the opportunity to visit the house for a large sum of money [and even if it was for free] then she should have gone, especially if she believed the story to be false.

I agree...if she had been to the house in person, more people may have been willing to take her viewpoint more seriously and give it more credibility.
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby SilkyPup » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:29 am

I remember that, Dan. Weird. :(

That's exactly it, chichi. I mean, if the offer was made [whether money is involved or not] you'd take the opportunity. Especially if you thought it was a hoax. Then you could possibly expose it. If she has the abilities she claims to have, and has the opportunity.... and thinks it's a hoax....why not?
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Wallace » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:25 am

SilkyPup wrote:I used to like Sylvia Brown but some things she says just scream "BULLSH!T" to me. In my opinion, if she was truly offered the opportunity to visit the house for a large sum of money [and even if it was for free] then she should have gone, especially if she believed the story to be false.

Yeah, I personally think that she is a fake. So, I wouldn't believe anything that she says or writes about anything.
Wallace
Amityville Member

Postby msammons » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 pm

I think she could have elevated her credibility if she had declined the money and done the investigation for free. She doesn't seem to know much about the case. She should come here and find out some stuff. She just wanted to jump on the hoax bandwagon.
msammons
Amityville Addict

Postby SilkyPup » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 am

Ya know, I almost forgot about this, but I seem to recall several years ago when she was on the Montel show she said something to an audience member about how they had a family member who was working on the house and got injured. Sylvia said it was because the person saw what's in the house and it frightened them, causing the fall. Anyone else remember this? Seems she's talking out both sides of her mouth....
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:04 am

She said that?

I wonder what she thought was in the house that the worker supposedly saw...
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby dnddad324 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:27 am

SilkyPup wrote:Ya know, I almost forgot about this, but I seem to recall several years ago when she was on the Montel show she said something to an audience member about how they had a family member who was working on the house and got injured. Sylvia said it was because the person saw what's in the house and it frightened them, causing the fall. Anyone else remember this? Seems she's talking out both sides of her mouth....

Silky,

You are 100% correct on this one. I saw that episode.

I was looking for the clip on YouTube but none of them are labeled 'Amityville'.

Though there are a bunch about Browne being wrong on numerous occasions.
dnddad324
Tedbot is my Canadian beer whore

Postby SilkyPup » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:54 am

Thank you, Dad. I knew I wasn't hallucinating. I know it was quite some time ago...I may have still been in High School.
SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 am

That rings a bell, but I didn't see the episode, so I can't remember if it was her or someone else.

But when this thread first went up, I thought I remembered her saying something similar on Larry King Live -- not about the ladder incident, but just a general remark about Amityville being true.

But again, that was a couple of years ago (I think) and I can't be sure if it was her or someone else.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby FizzGigg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

I remember that episode also.
But, in the past an audience member has asked about the house in Amityville, and Sylvia stated that people need to stay away from that property because of the evil that is there.
FizzGigg
Amityville Addict

Postby FizzGigg » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:29 am

Sylvia has been here in Charlotte, NC a few times at the Belk Theatre.
When you purchase a ticket (that can be as high as $200.00), each ticket holder gets to write a question on a card, and she will pick a few people from her audiance and let them ask a question.

There was a big write up on her last appearence here.
The reporter who went to the show, stated that a woman sitting near her asked Syvia about her missing twelve year old daughter who has been for missing.
Sylvia told the woman her daughter is alive, and will come home.
The reporter stated that the woman went into hysterics, having to be removed from the auditorium.
The article was saying that Sylvia has caused people to continue hoping that their loved one will be coming back, but knowing she has no idea on the background.

The woman's daughter was murdered, and was found in South Carolina.
Hunters descovered the child's skeleton, which showed the poor girl had been dead for well over a year.....way before Sylvia even thought of coming to Charlotte.
FizzGigg
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion