I'm curious How many of you think Amityville Is Haunted ?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

I'm curious How many of you think Amityville Is Haunted ?

Postby deliveranceminister » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Im curious . How many of you think that Amityville House on Ocean Avenue is haunted? Do you think the demons in that house caused the deaths of the Defeo family ? I think so.

http://www.HauntedHouseBuster.com
Mark 16 : 17 Jesus Christ gave authority to all Believers to cast out demons in His name !

You have to experience a haunting or infestation to know about one.
Helena Garilano

http://www.HauntedHouseBuster.com
deliveranceminister
Casting Out Demons In Jesus Name

Re: I'm curious How many of you think Amityville Is Haunted ?

Postby Grim_Reaper » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 am

lets just say that i beleive that as far as the Lutzes are concerned they are being honest about somethign happening in that house (and afterwards). details may not be exactly the same as in the book but for the most part true as far as they themselves are concerned.

as far as those that claim Hoax, especially Webber and Kaplain, thier own actions, complete turnaround in whether it was true or a haox and in Kaplains case complete lack of credentials (as well as calling himself a 'vampireoligist') shows them to be far less honest and themselves are the one commiting a hoax with thier claims. (for both were interested in fame and fortune one way or the other)
Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 am

I have always believed that something took place supernatural at the house. Not to the extent of Hollywood's portrayal however
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby BooshaGirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 am

Evanguy Reincarnated wrote:I have always believed that something took place supernatural at the house. Not to the extent of Hollywood's portrayal however

Me, too--but I don't think Ronnie was possessed. Matter of fact--I kinda *know* it. Sometimes people take religion too far. In my humble OPINION, the Lutz' experienced the unsettled spirits of those innocent murder victims.

Think about it--if you are violently killed in your own bed--wouldn't YOU be confused if your spirit didn't know what happened? I think I'd walk around, pretty scared--and trying to get someone's attention. After awhile, I guess I'd realize I was dead--get angry--throw a few things around, turn a crucifix upside down--and once I calmed down--I'd go to the light.

I *HOPE* I'm able to both HAUNT *and* help people after I'm dead.
BooshaGirl
Amityville Addict

Postby Trakehner » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:50 am

I think perhaps Ronnie was hearing voices but not demonic ones, just the ones that drug taking can do to your brain, like making you paranoid about people and hearing and seeing things. I dont think the murders had anything to do with being haunted or the devil etc.

I think that perhaps the lutzes did experience something in the house perhaps brought on due to their practising whatever it was they were practising (meditation etc) and perhaps that the haunting followed them when they fled. I have a friend who was followed around by poltergeist from house to house.

I think the house is now not haunted but I would not want to live in it due to the horrors that Ronnie carried out. That is what would freak me out knowing what happened.
A skeptic is someone who hasn't had an experience yet
-- Jason Hawes
Trakehner
Amityville Member

Postby bella2005 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:08 pm

I think the only demon that contributed to the murders was ronnie under the influence of drugs.

I think the Lutz's probaby did experience some type of haunting but I don't think the house is haunted anymore. I think whatever was in that house is gone now.
bella2005
Great Scott!

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:09 pm

I think the house is haunted-to what extent, that's anybody's guess, and we may never really know.

However, like Evanguy, I think the films and The Amityville Horror novel really, really exaggerated things to extremes, though.

While all the owners since the Lutzes' have reported no paranormal activity whatsoever, I believe that if all the "right" elements were to be in place, whatever has been lying dormant there could possibly re-emerge (hopefully not).
Actions speak louder than words....
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby Dan the Damned » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:47 pm

In general, I don't believe in ghosts, though sometimes I flip-flop. I certainly don't believe in demons or angels.

In the research I've done to date, I have not been able to find a smoking gun that shows the Lutzes' haunting was a hoax. They seem to be telling the truth (though I don't think this can ever be proven).

I don't know how to reconcile that with my disbelief in the supernatural, other than to realize that (as clever as we think we, as humans, are) there is still so much about nature and the world around us that we don't understand -- so perhaps the phenomenon we experience (and file away as "paranormal") is just some aspect of nature that we have yet to understand and measure and test...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby surferguy72 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 am

I live in Seattle and there are places Ive been in that are more haunted here than 108 ocean ave.Like Kurt Cobains house where he supposedly shot himself.I live 5 min away from there and have been inside this house as well Talk about goosebumps.
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Postby surferguy72 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:51 am

I am a beleiver in the supernatural and I do think 108 ocean ave is haunted still.We really wont know for sure until taps goes in there and investigates which probably wont happen this day in time.
surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Re: I'm curious How many of you think Amityville Is Haunted

Postby sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm

surferguy72 wrote:Like Kurt Cobains house where he supposedly shot himself.I live 5 min away from there and have been inside this house as well Talk about goosebumps.

Why is it the residence where he "supposedly" died?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Supposedly shot himself. I think some believe he may have been killed rather than him having killed himself. There was a documentary about that a while back, though I forget all the specifics...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Unsolved Mysteries did a pretty good, thorough segment on Kurt Cobain's death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_I0_4LuGCs&feature=related
Actions speak louder than words....
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Postby tomspy77 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Wow I did not know there was that much confusion over Cobain's death, but that is the same as Elvis being alive, it's just a myth I think...

As for Amity, I think Ronnie was scarily high and heard voices, and I do believe in ghosts (Most of the time) or at least some sort of afterlife, so I think George and Kathy did have something in the house, but I think it was more about their meditation in the house or as Chris recently claimed, George apparently messing about with different forms of paranormal/occult rituals and practices.

I'm not sure about demons in the biblical sense, but could believe in 'evil spirits'.
tomspy77
Son of Davros

Postby Grim_Reaper » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:23 pm

while im not a beleiver in religion i do beleive in ghosts and spirits even though i approach each case skeptically.

but i wonder now, could whatever affected both families (the Lutzs and DeFeos) have had an adverse reaction to religion? i beleive Ron DeFeo Sr had been recently getting more into religion before Ron Jr decided to wipe out the family and one of the first thing the Lutzs did was have teh house blessed.
Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Postby Tisha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm

It just HAS to be haunted or all my illusions will be destroyed. Whatever is there may currently be dormant or it could have left so maybe I should say I definitely believe it was haunted at the time of the Lutzes' occupation, but I have no idea if anything out of the ordinary is still there. I do not think demons made Ronnie murder his family but his actions could have been what drew something negative to the house in the first place.
Tisha
Amityville Addict

Postby Grim_Reaper » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:01 pm

well in the '80's there was a series of books out by John G Jones describing how the entity followed the Lutzes for years. though how accurate they are i cant say.

Titles in case you want to look
The Amityville Horror II
Amityville: the Final Chapter
Amityville: the Horror returns

all listed as Non Fiction
Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Postby Tisha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Grim_Reaper wrote:well in the '80's there was a series of books out by John G Jones describing how the entity followed the Lutzes for years. though how accurate they are i cant say.

Titles in case you want to look
The Amityville Horror II
Amityville: the Final Chapter
Amityville: the Horror returns

all listed as Non Fiction

Yeah, I do have all of those, but I think they are in my dad's basement. I have not seen them in years. On the copyright of The Amityville Horror, the authors are listed as Jay Anson, George Lutz and Kathleen Lutz. Do you know if they collaborated with Jones on the sequels?
Tisha
Amityville Addict

Postby Grim_Reaper » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:20 pm

recently managed to find these novels again (origionally had and read them when they first came out) and currently halfway though 'Final Chapter' and in it is does describe a first meeting between George and John

in any event Anson was not avaible for these sequel books as he died in 1980
Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Postby Tisha » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Does the copyright list them along with Jones? I can't remember (if I ever even noticed in the first place).
Tisha
Amityville Addict

Postby Grim_Reaper » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm

just peeked in A:THR and it lists John and George but not Kathy
Grim_Reaper
Amityville Addict

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion