I'm curious How many of you think Amityville Is Haunted ?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: I'm curious How many of you think Amityville Is Haunted

Postby Howard64 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 am

I just noticed the title...

"I'm curious How many of you think Amityville IS Haunted?"

Made me think the whole village was haunted the way its worded :)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby Dan the Damned » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:18 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:To Dan's post which I won't quote.

I know, some people really go overboard with the quote button. I was sure I wasn't the only one who noticed. lol

devilbustedinct wrote:Some great info Dan, not that I haven't learned all this from you from your prior posts, but it is always good to be refreshed and you do that every time.

Thanks. That last part (about Father Ray) is a reworked version of an earlier post I made. If you use the search button you'll find it. I think this is the 3rd time I've rehashed that same post.

Also if you use the search button, you'll see that I was wrong about this very issue a few years back. I originally thought that document was done by Weber's lawyers (I think I got that assumption from Osuna's site and just went with it instead of reading it through). So nuts to those out there who complain that I never admit when I'm wrong. :P

What I really should do is put a lot of this stuff on the FAQ site. I've been meaning to update that for a while (add new stuff, like a who's who, maybe rewrite some entries that aren't as clear as they could be, etc)...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby UFAlien » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:23 pm

I've read all the Amityville books in the main series quite recently. I believe I've read verification of some of the events from The Amityville Horror II in interviews with George. Still, The Final Chapter seems to be mostly fiction (if not entirely so) and The Horror Returns is blatantly fake. One of the most obvious indicators is that, even though The Horror Returns is set many years after the original, the children are not any older. Here's the info for all the books:

The Amityville Horror
Spine Listing: Non-Fiction
Copyright: Copyright 1977 by Jay Anson, George Lee Lutz, and Kathleen Lutz

The Amityville Horror II
Cover Text: Based on the story of George & Kathleen Lutz
Copyright: Copyright 1982 by Paul Kimatian, John G. Jones, Kathleen Lutz and George Lutz

Amityville: The Final Chapter
Cover Text: The horror returns... in the most terrifying true story of our time! Based on the 7-year ordeal of George and Kathleen Lutz
Copyright: Copyright 1985 by John G. Jones, George Lutz and Kathleen Lutz

Amityville: The Evil Escapes
Cover text: The terrifying true story continues!
Copyright: Copyright 1988 by John G. Jones and George Lee Lutz
Inner Cover Text: This is a work of fiction. The characters, names, incidents, places and dialogue are products of the author's imagination, and are not to be construed as real.

Amityville: The Horror Returns
Copyright: Copyright 1989 by John G. Jones and George Lee Lutz

Amityville: The Nightmare Continues
Cover Text: The terrifying true story of an evil that would not die.
Copyright: Copyright 1991 by R. Karl Largent

I'll probably make a more complete guide to the book series as a separate thread.
UFAlien
Amityville Addict

Previous

Return to Amityville Discussion