A Date with Lorraine Warren- 07-OCT-10!

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: A Date with Lorraine Warren- 07-OCT-10!

Postby Kinzoku » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I hear Einstein devised his theory of relativity in the middle of a huge dump.

would that be the "Big Dung Theory"?
Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:47 am

Hey everyone next Saturday is the Night of the Haunted Lorraine Warren's annual Halloween bash at the Stone Barn Inn Monroe, CT!! Anyone thinking of going?

~Night Of The Haunted~

October 30, 2010

A Supernatural Evening Hosted By

Lorraine Warren, Ryan Buell, & Tony Spera

~Saturday, October 30, 2010~

The Stone Barn Inn, Monroe, CT

175 Shelton Road

Monroe, CT 06468-2543

For decades you’ve seen them on television, heard them featured on the radio, and read their books, now dine and bare witness to the case files of Demonologist Ed & Psychic Lorraine Warren. Join the famed psychic investigator Lorraine Warren as she and The New England Society For Psychic Research Director Tony Spera , & Special Guest from A&E's Paranormal state, Ryan Buell.take you into the realm of the Supernatural & Preternatural. A world of Demons, Devils, Saints, & Angels, witches, poltergeists, and those Things that go Bump in the Night.

Enjoy a Full Course Dinner & Speak in Person with Lorraine Warren, Ryan Buell, & Tony Spera. After dinner you will be shown "Rare Video of Ghosts, Exorcisms, and a True Case Files of a Lycanthropy"; (werewolf they investigated in London) captured during the Warren investigations. See a "Young Girl" in a haunted house who "levitates" out of her bed across a room. See video about "Dolls that kill" (from The Warren’s private "Occult Museum," the only one of its kind in the World),

Some of the many "Highlights" you will witness contain the "Only Video" ever recorded of the ghostly figure "The White Lady of Union Graveyard" in Easton, CT. "Occult Items" (that have been used in Black magic & Diabolical Rituals),.Venture into the most "Haunted areas of Scotland." You will be Educated & Entertained as "Lorraine Warren Ruan Buell,& Tony Spera personally Host your Evening." The New England Society For Psychic Research, family invite you to join this Mind & Spiritully altering Evening.

Your evening begins at 4 p.m. &. ends at approximately at 10:00 p.m. so that you can arrive home Before the Clock Strikes Midnight. (The Witching Hour) Costumes are Optional, and there will be Prizes awarded for the " Top 3" costumes. There will also be a Cash Bar open for all attendees of legal age. This event is by Reservation only. Space is extremely limited, seating is assigned by a first come first serve basis, and this event will not accomidate walk-ins.
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby kathyM » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:56 am

I love that show Paranormal State. What are the prizes you win for the costume contest? Is it cash or an item? Is this the event that was $100 to attend? Are you going Evanguy?
kathyM
Princess

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:13 pm

I think the prizes in the past for the best costume was cash. Yes Kathy this is Lorraine's and Tony's and now Ryan's annual Halloween event. I have gone twice before with my wife once and two years ago I went with my wife and kids. It set me back $400 for four tickets!! I don't plan on attending although it was a lot of fun in the past. Since the Stone Barn Inn is literally down the street from my house here in Monroe, CT I might walk over there to check how things are going. Maybe even take pictures outside of people going into the event etc. When I first started going to this event about 4 years ago it was $89 per ticket and it sold out! Two years ago the cost was $99. This year the cost is $119 per ticket....!!! Some would say the cost of attending a wedding since with this cost includes a full course meal. I just don't feel like forking out that amount of cash for one night. Plus the event tends to consist of the same old same old. It was fun the first time seeing all of the videos and hearing all the stories. If she would change it up I would be there in a heartbeat!
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby kathyM » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:37 pm

But what if this year she were to change the event around and you missed it! Does Ryan get to talk too?
kathyM
Princess

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:47 pm

kathyM wrote:But what if this year she were to change the event around and you missed it! Does Ryan get to talk too?

Two years ago was the first year that Lorraine brought Ryan to their annual Halloween event in Monroe, CT. This was the first year of Paranormal State and the beginning or a good relationship between Ryan and Lorraine. In fact Lorraine at the recent event stated that before she went on Paranormal State she made sure that Ryan practiced the her approved way to investigate a paranormal event. The event started at 4pm and Lorraine and Tony were no where to be found. They arrived at 5pm apparently late from a flight from a previous speaking engagement. The entire night was disorganized. Yes Ryan does get a chance to speak. You wouldn't believe all the women who love this guy!! :love:
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby kathyM » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:57 pm

I think it is the way he speaks. He seems very confident. Was he a good speaker at the event? I just went to a lecture on the assassination of President Lincoln and the guy giving the lecture was so slow on finishing all his sentences that the audience was filling in the words for him! He kept saying "uh or ummm", it drove me crazy! He also had a knife and was standing right in front of me (I was in the front row) and he was waving that knife around and I thought for sure he was going to fall over and stab me!
kathyM
Princess

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Ummmm.....Why did the guy have a knife? Have you ever been in DC to see the theatre where Lincoln was shot?
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby kathyM » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:02 am

The knife was part of a display. Not only was Lincoln assassinated but someone else high up was targeted too. I cant remember who but he was supposed to be with Lincoln but he was in a carriage accident and was at home and he was stabbed by one of Booth's partners. The speaker was demonstrating how the stabbing took place and he was freaking me out with that knife!

The best part was after the lecture we got to tour the Wisner Mansion in Pontiac, Mi. The 12th Michigan Governor built the house. The mansion is called Pine Grove. Isnt it interesting how people named their houses back then? Like the DeFeos with their name High Hopes. I would name my house Walnut Grove because I have walnut trees in my backyard and I have always loved the show Little House on the Prairie. The Wisner mansion was on a show once about haunted houses. I swear it is really haunted!

I did go to Washington on a class field trip my freshman year in high school. Very interesting stuff.
kathyM
Princess

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 pm

On Thursday, I took my wife to lunch at the famous Blue Bird Restaurant in beautiful Easton, Ct. This restaurant on Black Rock Turnpike has been in business since 1919. This has been Lorraine Warren's all time most favorite restaurant. Also when Ed Warren was alive they used to both go there all the time and always on Ed's B-Day. On our way to this restaurant we drove by Lorraine house and her museum plus the Easton and Stepney Cemetary's where the famous White Lady of Monroe ghost has been seen for many years

Of course my wife and I were excited about the possibility of seeing Lorraine in the restaurant upon entering but after a quick look around we discovered she was not there. :cry: I spoke with the waitresses and they pointed out to me Lorraine's favorite table. Both waitreses told me the story of the last time that Lorraine was at the restaurant it was Ed's birthday. Apparently the dishwasher who got there early heard someone whistling in the kitchen area but there was no one else in the restaurant. When Lorraine arrived later in the day she knew it was Ed Warren her dead husband whistling their favorite song. The waitresses both told me it was a wild day at the restaurant that day with the ghost of Ed plus Lorraine showing up on Ed's B-Day which according to Lorraine they would go each year on this special day. Lorraine likes to share this story during her lectures. It was fun to hear the same story being told from a waitress point of view. If you ever come to Connecticut it is a most to stop at Blue Restaurant. By the way right next door to the Blue Bird there is this very old spooky cemetary with tombstones dating back to the late 1600's!!
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby csullivan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 am

i hope iam not out of line here but evanguy you have an obsession with lorraine warren...why is that
csullivan
Amityville Maniac

Postby Kinzoku » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:18 am

:fp:
Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:00 am

I admit, I am a big fan! :love: But aren't we all a big fan of something in our life's? :dance: My wife is a big fan too!! :clap: Is that a bad thing? :think: I think its wonderful that my wife and I can share similar interests in the supernatural. We take a drive out to a nice restaurant in the beautiful countryside of Connecticut one Fall Afternoon seeing the sites and experiencing a shared interest. Driving by her house is no big deal as it is just up the road and a common occurance. Remember, she has a public museum attached to her house that attracts thousands of visitors each year. It is a week before Halloween so the Cemetary experience is pretty cool if you ever come out here and see a tombstone from 1689!!

At least I go out on a limb and I try to share my life experiences (Near brushes with greatness from the Amityville saga) with pictures with the boards. I attempt to add value and story line. If you don't like it, move on (As Mr. Wilson once said). Read an original post by Mr. Billy Cigars why don't you. Some of you people I swear just like to bring people down and be judgemental. Does that make you feel better about your life (Wondering out loud)? I am not afraid to admit, I do admire her work and her as a person! Again that is my choice and decision to make. Would it make me a better person if I had an obsession with Mustanges or Professional Wrestling WWE? Most of you people make harsh decisions about Lorraine and you don't know her or have ever stepped foot out to hear her speak. You have to remember both my wife and I live in one of the the oldest states in the country where hauntings are very common. Plus, we have Lorraine friggin Warren one of the most recognizable ghost hunters (not to mention one of the last living links to the Amityville Investigations) in the world living walking distance and in the same town from our house! Now how cool is that I ask? :lol: :D :rotate:
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Kinzoku » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:38 am

csullivan wrote:i hope iam not out of line here but evanguy you have an obsession with lorraine warren...why is that

he's just tryin' to get some of her Big Y tokens (silver/gold merch coins).... :dance:
Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:04 am

Kinzoku wrote:
csullivan wrote:i hope iam not out of line here but evanguy you have an obsession with lorraine warren...why is that

he's just tryin' to get some of her Big Y tokens (silver/gold merch coins).... :dance:

Good point man! Those Gold and Silver Coins that the Big Y gives its most loyal customers are great! You can trade one of the Gold Coins in today for a whole Thanksgiving Day Turkey!! Try to do that Albertson's or Lucky's in LA Dan!! Worth the move to Monroe, CT just to shop at the Big Y!!!
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Boogeyman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:53 am

Hey Evanguy i just watched a show today called Mtv's Fear and on this episode Lorraine Warren was featured in it in a video what she felt in the buildings and rooms.

The place they investigate is called : Fairfield State Hospital.

Have you heared of this place and did Lorraine Warren ever talked about it?
The place is a higly active in the paranormal so maybe she spoke of it.

When i saw the show and her i thought maybe Evanguy heared of this so i had to post it :P
My name is Legion: for we are many.
Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:05 am

Boogeyman wrote:Hey Evanguy i just watched a show today called Mtv's Fear and on this episode Lorraine Warren was featured in it in a video what she felt in the buildings and rooms.

The place they investigate is called : Fairfield State Hospital.

Have you heared of this place and did Lorraine Warren ever talked about it?
The place is a higly active in the paranormal so maybe she spoke of it.

When i saw the show and her i thought maybe Evanguy heared of this so i had to post it :P

OMG Fairfield Hills Mental Hospital is one of most favorite places to go. It is an abandon metal instituion that is only like 15 minutes away from my house. Is was built in the 1920's and closed in 1995. In fact in that show the Fear bus drives right up Rt. 25 through Monroe CT almost in line with Lorraine's house as it goes up the street to the next town West of Monroe called Newtown, CT. I freaked out the first time I saw this show of Fear as I recognized my town on TV! I have been to Fairfield Hills many times. They let you on the grounds but you must stay 15 feet away from the buildings. The town of Newtown, CT now ownes the property and is slowly but surely tearing down the buildings and rehabing parts of this huge campus of abandon buildings. All these buildings have Asbestos in them so its a slow process of gutting them and rehabing them. In 2009 the town moved all of their town services including town hall to the campus of Fairfield Hills. They also put a walking trail in around the buildings and use the grounds for soccer and softball. The grounds are as huge as a medium sized univeristy!! Someday all of these old buildings will be just a memory

Here is the link to my pics of the place last year. Kids still break in and run around the halls of this place. There are also tunnels that connect all of the buildings. Just do a YouTube search and you will be amazed at all of the videos that people have taken of this place.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7083&p=100767&hilit=fairfield+hills#p100767

Funny thing is Lorraine rarely ever talks about Fairfield Hills. I find that very strange as there are so many hauntings here in CT that she has been involved in. Fairfield Hills is suppose to be very haunted!! You have to check out my pics!!
Last edited by Evanguy Reincarnated on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Boogeyman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:14 am

Nice pictures to bad you cant go in the buildings.
And also disapointing that they dont do much investigations up there.
Mtv's Fear isn't a good show with investigations. But still very entertaiming.

Didnt knew that you already had a topic of it :P.

What they say is that there is lots of evil spirits in the room called Blood Room. The people who where on the ''investigation'' of Fear used a ouija board up there with some blood monsters from the room.
Still very few to none evidance of real paranormal activity.
But there was said that they maked contact with a spirit called Emily. Does that name say something to you Evanguy?
My name is Legion: for we are many.
Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Boogeyman wrote:Nice pictures to bad you cant go in the buildings.
And also disapointing that they dont do much investigations up there.
Mtv's Fear isn't a good show with investigations. But still very entertaiming.

Didnt knew that you already had a topic of it :P.

What they say is that there is lots of evil spirits in the room called Blood Room. The people who where on the ''investigation'' of Fear used a ouija board up there with some blood monsters from the room.
Still very few to none evidance of real paranormal activity.
But there was said that they maked contact with a spirit called Emily. Does that name say something to you Evanguy?

All of the buildings are boarded up as you can see but kids still find a way of getting in there and cause havoc. There is this rent a cop that is paid to drive around all day and night to keep people out of the buildings but the place is so big the kids just wait until the cop drives by and then they break a window or pry up a board and jump in a building. My 18 year old has gone there many times too to take pictures. He went there about three weeks ago at night with flash lights with this girl only to be stopped by the rent a cop and made to leave as they dont let people on the grounds 30 minutes after sundown. Go to You Tube and watch some of the crazy videos that kids have taken breaking in and running around the buildings and the underground tunnels. My bosses wife works in one of the remodeled buildings on the campus of Fairfield Hills and she said some of the insides are very fancy with tons of moldings and wood working ornate touches. No the ghost of Emily does not ring a bell. The good thing about the Fear show is that the people on there where the head cameras so it makes it more real that they are there by themselves. Lobomies, Elelctric Shock therarapy, etc all were performed at Fairfield Hills.
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Kinzoku » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:11 am

on another note along with 'alleged hauntings' like Amityville.....and EvanGuy is right. New England (because of history, no less) is haunted. all over, MA,CT,RI,VT,NH,and ME.

New-Gate prison in E. Granby, CT is one of the oldest (1730's), I wonder if anyone or Lorraine has been there? I heard it's "FULL" of haunt.
Kinzoku
Quarter-Moon Inquisitor

Postby kathyM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:11 am

I think the TAPS show might have done an episode there too. It sounds familiar to me. Great pics of the place!
kathyM
Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Amityville Discussion