Ghost Adventures.

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Ghost Adventures.

Post by Boogeyman » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 pm

To not ruin the topic maked by Evanguy i maked a new topic for Ghost Adventures.

For the people who want to see the best episode of them in my opinion :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwAFbfUrKM

Its the episode Return to Bobby Mackey's part 1 the others can u see there to.

Share me some thoughts about the episode and what you think that is the best episode.
I have seen all seasons that are maked so far.
And watched 2 specials and 1 live episode.
I think its better then TAPS :)
My name is Legion: for we are many.

kathyM
Princess

Re: Ghost Adventures.

Post by kathyM » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:45 pm

I liked the Riddle house in Florida investigation. That was interesting. The Stanley Hotel (where the Shining movie was made) was good too. I have not seen the Bob Mackey episode so I will have to watch it if you say it is a good one.

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:34 am

kathyM wrote:I liked the Riddle house in Florida investigation. That was interesting. The Stanley Hotel (where the Shining movie was made) was good too. I have not seen the Bob Mackey episode so I will have to watch it if you say it is a good one.

The Riddle house was good yes.

Aaron was send alone to the place where a man hanged him self and know to dislike man and often attack them xD
Well he didnt got attacked the spirit only let something fell behind him.

But they didnt do an investigation in the Stanley Hotel.
Only TAPS did couple investigations up there.

Remington Arms Factory is a good episode to.
They actualy caught a gun shot and a scream right afther the shot.
And in the past there were couple of murders up there.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:12 am

You know what, now that I think about it, the Stanley Hotel was the Ghosthunters show. It was a good one. They picked up a lot of stuff. I think they might have done a live show there too. Well, maybe the Ghost Adventures show will go there someday.

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:46 am

kathyM wrote:You know what, now that I think about it, the Stanley Hotel was the Ghosthunters show. It was a good one. They picked up a lot of stuff. I think they might have done a live show there too. Well, maybe the Ghost Adventures show will go there someday.

I have seen the live special in the Stanley Hotel.
This is what they caught in the underground tunnels :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZJRvfCWpYQ

Pretty creepy espacialy the laugh you hear.

In another Live special i dont know where it was they caught also a caught a good voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlrNbRpzA4k

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:26 am

i have given the whole ghost hunting show deal a bit of thought...

Its a phase. Way to make money and boost ratings...after a while it will die off.

in this day and age, too easy to fake evidence and any schmuck can pretend
he is seeing a ghost.
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:58 am

Howard64 wrote:i have given the whole ghost hunting show deal a bit of thought...

Its a phase. Way to make money and boost ratings...after a while it will die off.

in this day and age, too easy to fake evidence and any schmuck can pretend
he is seeing a ghost.

Ofcourse its so easy to fake things.

But if you watch Ghost Hunters allot then you see that in most episodes they do they dont find anything at all.
Where they find most evidance is in historical buildings with allot of dark history of murders and suicide or satanic rituals. Like Eastern state.
In private residents they can easely debunk all the claims the people tell them.

Please look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7H3B7FBWE

I think that this is 1 of the best of the best evidance from all shows of the paranormal.

Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Post by Howard64 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:23 pm

I watched the video.

I do not know what to think...could be
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Skyelyte
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Post by Skyelyte » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:30 pm

That is the 1st time I have ever seen them actually find something. The video is pretty cool. It looks like a soldier, with dark hair I thought. I couldn't figure out that number, to me it seemed to be glowing on the figures upper sleeve. I only realized after that it was the number on the locker but it seemed to some how be relevant to the figure to illuminate like that .. Strange and it would give me the chills

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 am

I have some other nice moments of Ghost Adventures.

In a episode they go to a mental hospital (if im right)
Also some1 maked an analyise of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxp8pBJDQAE

This was a good episode.
In fact all episodes are nice to watch :""")

Gyork
**New Account**

Post by Gyork » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:00 am

Saw you were discussing the stanley hotel as well, ive written a article about this, and i want to find out if the dutch-humor can come across in english! let me know please! thnx!

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 am

Gyork wrote:Saw you were discussing the stanley hotel as well, ive written a article about this, and i want to find out if the dutch-humor can come across in english! let me know please! thnx!
I have read it but i dont find any humor in it :o
But it is a very nice place and if i get a chance to go there i would take it.

And to come back Ghost Adventures did an investigation up there but not in the main building.
They investigate an building next to it what used to be a Motel.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:55 pm

I have to say that I now think these shows are as Howard said, a fad and also a sham. Not that some of them may be truthful or some events actually happen in them, but I think it is mostly BS now.

This happily has not changed my stance on ghosts and the paranormal due to my personal exp...

I used to like Ghost Hunters, mostly as at times they found nothing or debunked their own evidence, so I thought that they wee genuine but also thought that something had to happen eventually or the show would be canceled. No one is going to watch a show where nothing ever happens, all the spooky shock music and editing in the world can't change that.

I used to be an active member of the Sci-Fi channels Doctor Who message board and of course there was one for Ghost Hunters. There was one post there (I sadly cannot find it again) where they mention how they faked images of the Flir cameras in one.
I also have heard that Donna DeCrouix admitted that some evidence was fake after she left, and videos like the one below really make me wonder.

I have never seen this Ghost Adventures show till right now, but the lead guy looks like a spiky haired douche. :lol:

Ahh...here we go:

Skyelyte
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Post by Skyelyte » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:34 pm

tomspy77 wrote:I have to say that I now think these shows are as Howard said, a fad and also a sham. Not that some of them may be truthful or some events actually happen in them, but I think it is mostly BS now.

This happily has not changed my stance on ghosts and the paranormal due to my personal exp...

I used to like Ghost Hunters, mostly as at times they found nothing or debunked their own evidence, so I thought that they wee genuine but also thought that something had to happen eventually or the show would be canceled. No one is going to watch a show where nothing ever happens, all the spooky shock music and editing in the world can't change that.

I used to be an active member of the Sci-Fi channels Doctor Who message board and of course there was one for Ghost Hunters. There was one post there (I sadly cannot find it again) where they mention how they faked images of the Flir cameras in one.
I also have heard that Donna DeCrouix admitted that some evidence was fake after she left, and videos like the one below really make me wonder.

I have never seen this Ghost Adventures show till right now, but the lead guy looks like a spiky haired douche. :lol:

Ahh...here we go:
I have to say that personally I am with Tomspy77 on this. It is unfortunate but I feel shows like this, at least all that I have seen are a sham. Because I have had many experiences with very strange and unexplained phenomena, I have wondered how it can be that it seems that no one on the shows seem to have any psychic ability (if you will) at all. I can only say that when I go poking around in this area something almost always happens. So these people IMO seem to be in the Wrong field! Further, maybe it is me but I am not even convinced that most of these people believe in what they are doing. It all seems like very bad acting to me. Honestly, I have watched all too many times where ppl on these shows say something like "look the bed is shaking" and it is amazing to me with cameras everywhere?? that they never seem to pick up anything like the 'shaking' or any thing at all for that matter on camera.

I feel it is really a shame that ppl are doing these shows and to me they seem ridiculous and as it goes as I see it they destroy the credibility of real phenomena that is captured by people who are truly interested in knowing the truth as well as ppl who truly have attained data or evidence that is authentic. As it goes due to clowns that fake paranormal activity, it does make ppl believe anyone that is interested in this area is strange at minimum and bonkers at the worst. It is really disturbing that ppl do in this way lie about this as I do feel it is an area that deserves much more attention and consideration by reputable ppl. Unfortunately, I do not believe (IMHO) that the ppl on these shows are at all reputable...

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:14 pm

I heared that it was not even the voice of Donna La Croix. So i dont believe that radio show.

What i do believe is that they faked some things in there live shows.
I also heared that it was Grant's idea to do that jacket thing and Jason didnt want anything to do with it.

I still believe they bring some things in that are real and things that are faked just to get good television.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:34 pm

So why do it then at all? Why have a show about paranormal investigations if the investigations are BS?
I mean that's like making a war documentary and making up parts for a better story or having a real life show about nature and wildlife but setting things in motion through trickery to make "better television".

Also, as Sky pointed out areas like this need serious factual investigation, not scams and fraud.

Of course don't take any offense Boogey, you are of course free to enjoy what you wish, I just don't get the point of a paranormal investigation show that is somewhat fake.

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:24 am

tomspy77 wrote:So why do it then at all? Why have a show about paranormal investigations if the investigations are BS?
I mean that's like making a war documentary and making up parts for a better story or having a real life show about nature and wildlife but setting things in motion through trickery to make "better television".

Also, as Sky pointed out areas like this need serious factual investigation, not scams and fraud.

Of course don't take any offense Boogey, you are of course free to enjoy what you wish, I just don't get the point of a paranormal investigation show that is somewhat fake.

I dont know.

That is also the reason i watch Ghost Adventures now because they are more better.
But it is also that even if it is 100% real people still say its fake or come with debunking stuff.
So maybe they are real but people will make other people to believe them that its fake.

What i did notice was the thing that on every live show they did you can hear a loud voice telling them something
i will show it.

This is in the Stanley Hotel live episode in 2006

This in the 2008 live special i do not now where.

And then the jacket thing.
And in the Alcatraz special you hear a loud voice but i cannot find it sorry.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:23 am

Yeah I saw the "tunnel" one yesterday, and things like that can be so easily faked.

I recall the one on a ship (Queen Mary?) where a blanket is pulled of a bed while a camera set up in the cabin rolls.This was one of the activity said to occur in the cabin at other times. They debunked it by saying someone could have come through the smaller door and this is why at one point I liked the show and thought maybe they had some integrity and honesty, shame that this was not the truth.

I will have to check out more of the Ghost Adventures but honestly that lead host kind of rubs me the wrong way, he is acting like a carnival midway guy at times and is trying to be so intense about it it makes me wonder from the get go, but I could of course be wrong.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:10 pm

I don't watch these shows. I can't get a sense of credibility with them. But I'll watch if/when they do an episode on something I'm interested in, like the Queen Mary.

The only episode of "Ghost Hunters" and "Most Haunted" I've seen were their reports on the Queen Mary.

I think "Most Haunted" did a far better job on the Queen Mary, but yeah, I have problems with both shows. The "shock factor" and night vision cameras are a bit much, as are the choppy quick MTV-type editing. And both shows don't seem to spend enough time/resources to do a serious investigation.

When the bedsheets moved on their own in "Ghost Hunters," they should have had at least 3 cameras going in that room, so there'd be no question of it being faked. And the same with "Most Haunted" -- when there were noises in that room, they should have had 3 cameras pointing at different angles, covering the whole room, plus a camera outside the room, in the hallway to make sure nobody came by.

Plus, if I remember right, there was some alleged ghost footage that they never showed full-screen -- we could only view it with the camera pointed at a small monitor. Seems fishy...

"Most Haunted" was on the Queen Mary for 3 weeks, while "Ghost Hunters" was, I think, only there for a few days. That was nice, but they spent a lot of time showing unimportant stuff. I think they should have spent more time talking about all the various ghost sightings on the ship -- like this one particular staircase where females reportedly get patted on the butt by some pervy spectre...

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Yeah all true enough statements Dan I'll admit.

I did like History's Mystery Quest episode "Return of The Amityville Horror" (Note to those who have not seen it, it has very little Amity content and it seems they just wanted to use the name to get folks to watch...). They used really good scientific equipment and when they found nothing they said so. They also had a skeptic scientist do part of the investigation in that warehouse and he did a good job too, even though it may not have been what the believers wanted to hear.
The demonologist seemed a bit weird though, he was always saying this is how we look for demonic forces, which I guess is his job, he just seemed to want it a bit too much.
(the more I study I'm sorry to say the more and more respect I lose for demonology and the people involved with it.)

Of course, you cannot have a series be like this as a majority of the ppl will not watch. It does not as Boogey pointed out, "make good TV".

Much like Amityville: The Last Testament.
If the whole thing was this guys nutty and he did it, what would that have been for Halloween night entertainment? For us Amity nuts :rotate: , a straightforward interview would have been exciting and interesting. For most of the casual audience, it would suck and they would change the channel. It is something you deal with all the time in fictional cult TV circles...the fans would love X but X would alienate the general audience hence it does not happen because they want ratings up not down.

Sadly, I think a majority of the population take ghosts as a joke or a gag, and it's awful as I think there is something behind some of these things, be it an energy we have not yet discovered or the dead or psychic phenomena or psychological trauma.
Imagine what an airplane would be like to a Native American or a automatic weapon to someone in the old west. We are the savages to the future and there may things we have not even started to think are possible yet going on right now. I personally think in some way ghosts and paranormal activity are one of these things.
We need some serious investigations, and over a long period of time as well...

I have met a guy who besides being a cop in my area also does paranormal investigations for PSI and I have talked about traveling with him and doing some writing on it. I also have a couple of like minded friends who are into this stuff and we have discussed checking out some places near us like Bachelor's Grove and Al Capone's grave and Alton Illinois and etc etc...
If we do I will record and document all of it without being untruthful or being swayed by my imagination (Hopefully).
But lord knows when I will have the chance to do this.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 am

Your are so right Tomspy. I would have been excited if "Amityville:The Final Testament" had been an hour long interview with Ronnie sitting down and finally baring his soul giving us the whole truth of what really happened and why it happened and hearing remorse from him. This would have bored other people as they would be hoping for a show with a crazy killer and the whole haunting story.

I really thought that A&E would have done a better job on this though. Did they even meet Jackie or watch the show before it aired? I notice they never repeated the show after it aired that night twice. I bet they shelved that one after reading all the posts from viewers after the show aired!