Ghost Adventures.

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Re: Ghost Adventures.

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:43 am
Just so you know the Rabbi admitted to being taken out of context on another Youtube video. Ghost adventures is NOT scripted in any way. This was just a mess up between him and the production crew.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:52 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 am
Just so you know the Rabbi admitted to being taken out of context on another Youtube video. Ghost adventures is NOT scripted in any way. This was just a mess up between him and the production crew.
You're welcome to post that video.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:52 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 am
You're welcome to post that video.
Sure thing.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Cheers!

saintlaz1
Amityville Member

Post by saintlaz1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 am

What does this have to do with Amityville?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm

saintlaz1 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 am
Paranormal. And Dan has told us that is welcome in General Discussion nowadays so...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:39 pm

ZAK BAGANS
ADDS HAUNTED ROCKING CHAIR TO COLLECTION ...
From 'Devil Made Me Do It' Case

Zak Bagans is at it again -- his Haunted Museum now has another terrifying piece of furniture ... this one connected to an exorcism and an infamous murder.

The "Ghost Adventures" star has purchased the "Devil's Rocking Chair" -- a chair with ties to famed paranormal investigator Lorraine Warren and the notorious "Devil Made Me Do It" Case -- to display at his museum in Las Vegas.

The story goes like this -- Lorraine and her husband, Ed, helped exorcise a possessed 11-year-old boy named David Glatzel in the early '80s. During his exorcisms, the chair would allegedly rock on its own, levitate, and even vanish and reappear. David and Lorraine also claim to have seen the devil sitting in it.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/28/zak-baga ... conjuring/

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 pm

I think this guy is such a huge crook. He gives paranormal investigators everywhere a bad name. I've watched all of his shows and they are ridiculous.

:doh: :roll:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed May 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 pm
I think this guy is such a huge crook. He gives paranormal investigators everywhere a bad name. I've watched all of his shows and they are ridiculous.

I really loved Demon House. Even if it is scripted. It's well worth a watch. If you can forget your issues with him and consider for 90 mins it is true, you're in for a treat. Barry Taff, investigator in The Entity case, nearly died taking part in the movie.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Wed May 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Okay...

I gotta chime in on the chair, especially since I've become tech savvy and can post pictures again (but can't bother with resizing them). I won't say much, but instead treat you to a super sized slide show of my own experiences with "The Devil's Rocking Chair..."

So here it the evil chair in the original book...

"This rocking chair is of unknown origin and was passed on to the Glatzel family in the early 50s. It was a favorite family sitting spot until the summer of 1980, when tragedy struck all those around it, and it was literally cursed by the Devil. According to many sources, including Ed and Lorraine Warren and Gerald Brittle, author of the “Devil in Connecticut,” the demonic entity that viciously attacked the family that summer often sat in this chair, invisible to all except Lorraine Warren and the afflicted child. It was known to rock by itself, especially during violent outbreaks. It moved about the house on its own, mysteriously disappearing and reappearing in the oddest of places. Most incredibly, it levitated on numerous occasions in full view of numerous witnesses, including the Warrens, the clergy, and shocked family members - one time even while the young boy sat in it during one of the many rites of exorcism. Stains from holy water and blessed oils anointed by Catholic priests and Ed Warren himself can be seen splattered about the original cushions. For many years since 1980, the chair sat silently in storage, and was relocated when the family finally fled from Brookfield. Nobody wanted the chair. Carl Glatzel Jr. kept it as a family heirloom. Over time, it became apparent that whoever sat in the chair, either innocently without knowing the chair’s history, or literally as a thrill or a dare after hearing the bizarre story, were suddenly stricken within days with incapacitating sciatica or abnormal back problems, some of them actually requiring surgery. One close family friend hasn’t walked upright since he took a defiant seat almost ten years ago. Known as “The Devil’s Rocking Chair,” only the brave and the foolish have sat in it, and none of them have ever been able to sit comfortably again. Whatever you may believe…would you dare the Devil and take a seat?"

Here it is photographed in 2007:

Nobody wanted the cursed chair. It even had a horrible odor and an awful creak to it that sounded like a cat being tortured...

A decade later I met with the chair again and was forced to spend three nights with it next to my bed. I was however prepared with holy water, a baseball bat, and my $.99 Ghost Hunter App...

The first night was quiet...but my ghost detecting app sensed abnormal readings at about 4:00 AM. It was clear whatever it was, it was following me around because my ghost app also detected the same entity throughout the day. I got the same readings at a local mall, the post office, and Walmart. In fact every time I turned on the app, I would suddenly get the same abnormal readings detecting movement to my right, just like in the movie ALIENS. Either the demon of the chair was stalking me, or I wasted $1 at the app store.

The next night I definitely heard something at 2:20 and smelled something foul through my CPAP device. I snapped this photo:

For the most part, I had peaceful nights sleeping next to the chair except for a few nightmares about it being made of bloodied bone and flesh, constantly thinking I heard it rocking, and it one point being choked and dragged out of bed, but that's kind of normal. But no demons. See? Ha! I beat the chair!

To prove it, this naive fool took the ultimate dare and not only sat in it and rocked for over an hour,

...but also read Chapters 4, 6, and 8 of the dreaded and infamous book.

And so I laughed...until days later when my back started hurting...and it deteriorated rapidly. The pain quickly became unbearable; the searing fires of sciatica. I had three herniated discs and wound up having surgery in three months.

So I was thrilled when Zak finally purchased it for 67K and the curse has moved on.

Thanks Zak, but somebody should have warned them.

And now this...there is just no stopping it...but it doesn't take a Hans Holzer to figure out this was gonna happen:

Worst of all...

Unfortunately, on top of the unfortunate coincidental timing, the person needing surgery was me.

So let this be a lesson to all you atheists, skeptics, and nonbelievers; you can't beat the Devil at his own game. If you are are stupid enough to sit in the "Devil's Rocking Chair," prepare for the worst, you dumb*ss. Luckily, for all humankind, it is safely being placed into a museum, saving the public from its demonic danger, like that cursed billionaire doll, Annabelle. As far as I know, between 1984 - 2019, I was the only and last person to sit in it. I have turned down lucrative offers from parapsychologists and scientists who wish to perform extensive studies on me to learn more about the curse and its afflictions, but I care to move on. The fact I sat in it in the first place I guess makes me the real fool.

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 am

It has increased your entitlement to derail Warren topics, and berate the dead eg Ed when they can't defend themselves tho. :lol: (All in good jest of course!)

Cool pics.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu May 02, 2019 11:02 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:47 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:

I really loved Demon House. Even if it is scripted. It's well worth a watch. If you can forget your issues with him and consider for 90 mins it is true, you're in for a treat. Barry Taff, investigator in The Entity case, nearly died taking part in the movie.
Sorry, I've had my fill of paranormal investigator charlatans. Zach knows as much about real ghosts as I do about living on the Moon.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri May 03, 2019 1:16 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:02 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:47 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:

Sorry, I've had my fill of paranormal investigator charlatans. Zach knows as much about real ghosts as I do about living on the Moon.
Do you think Taff is full of it as well then? Since he supported some of the biggest cases, that's quite a claim to make.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Fri May 03, 2019 11:09 pm

If he says Zach is honest I say he's either delusional or a lair. If even the late great Carl Sagan said Zach is a serious scientist I would have lost all faith in his judgment. Zach is so fundamentally dishonest he would get thrown out of Hell for lying. :naughty:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Fri May 03, 2019 11:18 pm

saintlaz1 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 am
Dishonest paranormal investigators who overhype their cases- see Hans Holzer and the Warrens.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Sat May 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Dishonest paranormal investigators who overhype their cases- see Hans Holzer and the Warrens.
You said in one sentence what I’ve been trying to say with a million words for over a decade. Well said.

But sadly, no one with open ears appears to be listening. We come from a different era of thinking. We were taught to be skeptical and shown good reasons why. My own personal experiences (including that with the Warrens) are more than proof enough for me. Serious problems in ethics arise however, when, if you will consider the following as an analogy:

You knew everyone around you at a party (some friends, some strangers) were drinking something that contained a poison, a poison that would damage their thinking, their judgment and their entire belief system for the worse...a poison doing damage to themselves and others who care about them.

Would you be satisfied in just not drinking it? Or would you persuade others not to drink it as well? Depending on how much you cared, would you tell them why? Would you make up a different reason if they wouldn’t believe the truth so they wouldn’t drink it for their own good? You KNOW there is poison in their drinks; you saw the person pour the poison into them with your own eyes. The perpetrator even confessed to you, laughed about the deed, and ran out the door flashing the cash he was paid to poison everyone’s cocktails. You know the poison is there, but nobody believes you, or wants to believe you. You can actually say “Look, I’ll show you where the empty poison bottle is and what was in it and exactly what happened — I’ll prove it to you! Let me show you! Just please don’t drink it!”

Maybe some won’t drink it. Some will just laugh at you. Some might question you. Some will ask for proof and make their own choices. Some will call you names and insult you for trying to help. Some are just too stupid to understand or foolish enough not to even listen and suffer the consequences of ignorance (or maybe to them, it’s bliss). Some will drink extra to annoy you and succumb and continue to worsen the problem for everyone. Which begs my own personal question, how much should a person really care?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue May 07, 2019 7:18 am

devilbustedinct wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:53 pm
You said in one sentence what I’ve been trying to say with a million words for over a decade. Well said.
That says more about you than him.

Your combined skepticism with arrogant-thinking don't serve you. That is why maybe no one is listening to you and chooses one sentence over millions of your words.