Was George Lutz involved in some dark occult?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
belmondo
Amityville Member

Was George Lutz involved in some dark occult?

Post by belmondo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:37 am

What kind of occult was George Lutz involved that bring so evil spirits to the house? George's Lutz son Christopher confirmed that it was not a house its self but his dad who was involved with some occulte activity for years and spiritis followed their family for a long time before!
Somebody knows something about it?????

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Re: Was George Lutz involved in some dark occult?

Post by VampireKen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 pm

belmondo wrote:What kind of occult was George Lutz involved that bring so evil spirits to the house? George's Lutz son Christopher confirmed that it was not a house its self but his dad who was involved with some occulte activity for years and spiritis followed their family for a long time before!
Somebody knows something about it?????
Welcome to the board! This question has been debated many times over the years. While some say yes he did, it should be noted that when Chris made these comments, Chris and George were not getting along (they were actually suing each other). They became friends again shortly before George passed away in 2006. My belief is that it was the Lutzes that were haunted. However, whether or not it was George that did it I dont know.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Chris hasn't fully explained himself with that one, so we can only guess as to what he's referring to.

Go to Google and type-in: site:amityvillefaq.com +chris +occult +tm and the results will link you to a bunch of threads here where we try to guess at what Chris might be talking about...

Boogeyman
Wandering in Darkness

Post by Boogeyman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 pm

If it is true it will explain allot with that evil spirits.
My name is Legion: for we are many.

Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Post by Baphomet666 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:13 pm

My perspective on this topic would be if the Lutzes were involved in any kind of dark occult or transitional meditation then my philosphy on the subject is it wasnt Demonic,something else maybe?All the hype and talk about Demon possession in my opinion is all christian propaganda,Defeo saying he was posessed by a dark spirit etc. Whatever negative energy that was there was not Demonic.I do beleive the Lutzes experienced a haunting there though.
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz

Skyelyte
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Post by Skyelyte » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Baphomet666 wrote:My perspective on this topic would be if the Lutzes were involved in any kind of dark occult or transitional meditation then my philosphy on the subject is it wasnt Demonic,something else maybe?All the hype and talk about Demon possession in my opinion is all christian propaganda,Defeo saying he was posessed by a dark spirit etc. Whatever negative energy that was there was not Demonic.I do beleive the Lutzes experienced a haunting there though.
I agree with you Baphomet666 The fact is christians invented Satan. People of the pagan belief that predated christianity on the contrary did not believe in Satan. However, this did not stop the christians later from accusing them of being possessed by satan and or demons and later calling pagans 'witches' and subsequently burning and executing countless pagans based on christian beliefs. I also do believe the Lutzes experienced a haunting and by their descriptions there was surely negative energy but I don't necessarily believe 'demons' had anything to do with it.

Also on this note, I have read references that people have stated that due to the Lutzes potentially being involved in transitional meditation and/or the occult it has been said in this way that the Lutzes could have been at fault for the haunting. This I personally do not believe. 1st how many people honestly believe they can certainly bring demons into their home if they have an interest in this area. As I see it, only if it is an absolute fact that evil spirits and/or demons? will show up if you do things like this could the Lutzes be considered to be at fault. I don't think anyone can say this is a fact. As well, I do believe that some people are more prone to attract things like this, as in negative energy, spirits? etc and in this case it is not really their fault at all if something like this goes haywire and wrecks havoc in ones life. A person can be especially sensitive and not do anything at all to have paranormal events occur in their life, or this is what I believe anyway...

Rhiannon99
Amityville Member

Post by Rhiannon99 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi, slightly different thought...

Do you think the tale of the Amityville Horror has endured because of the demonology aspect, as opposed to a straight ghost or poltergeist story? That the demonology aspect makes it more "sensational?"

The book and the movie were released in the wake of The Exorcist, which was about demonic possession and exorcism. Demonology was more of a "hot topic" back then as a result.

Also, has anyone read the book Possessed by Thomas Allen (or seen the movie), about the true story behind the Exorcist? I wonder what would have happened if Father William Bowdern, S.J. had been able to speak with George about George's experience. If you haven't read the book, Fr. Bowdern ran into opposition from the Catholic Church about performing an exorcism; at the time the Church was trying to distance itself from being viewed as highly superstitious. Fr. Bowdern found almost no reference materials on how to do an exorcism, so he left a diary behind describing the process. William Peter Blatty saw the diary, and that is what inspired him to write his book The Exorcist.

Baphomet666
The Guardian of Mother Earth

Post by Baphomet666 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 pm

The question still remains to wheres the proof?is there any proof or does the catholic church have any documentation to prove any Exorcism took place at 112 Ocean Ave or anywhere else.Is it Just propaganda or is it another Hollywood fairytale.Now,to cut to the chase here it was mentioned somewhere that Ron Defeo Sr. had an Exorcism performed in the house prior to the murders,but the Catholic Church denies that such event took place.We do know a seance took place shortly after the Lutzes fled in which in my opinion made the presence even stronger whether it was Demonic or not.
There are too many things I cant explain that happened in that house.Harry,our dog at the time,tried to hang himself. G.Lutz

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:55 pm

They don't need proof, they are the church...
The fact is christians invented Satan. People of the pagan belief that predated christianity on the contrary did not believe in Satan.
And names like Pan (And Baphomet as well lol...) suffered because of it.

AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:27 am

Okay I have to say something to this. Just because someone is involved in the occult does not mean they are in a CULT. Just something I needed to point out.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:03 am

We should hear more about this in the coming months. In fact as soon as this month since Chris has been interviewed for a segment on American ABC news for a broadcast later this month.

The early 1970's was a biggest experimental era in American history. Many people explored alternative spirituality back then. George and Kathy Lutz would not be the only ones to have done this, if they in fact did get involved in the occult.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:05 am

tomspy77 wrote:They don't need proof, they are the church...
The fact is christians invented Satan. People of the pagan belief that predated christianity on the contrary did not believe in Satan.
And names like Pan (And Baphomet as well lol...) suffered because of it.
But pagans do believe in evil or negative forces. They don't see their spiritual entities as perfect or pure evil as Christianity does, they see them as just like humans, imperfect.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:24 am

Victoria Principles wrote:We should hear more about this in the coming months. In fact as soon as this month since Chris has been interviewed for a segment on American ABC news for a broadcast later this month.
It'll be interesting to hear what Danny Lutz has to say about this in Eric's film. Maybe he'll give us some actual details...

AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:42 pm

I can't wait to see that film. It will be nice to know what Danny has to say about it all.