AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Ayko » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:11 pm

So, let us see if we can get back onto a (hopefully mature and intelligent) discussion of things Amityville Horror related, such as the latest film, Amityville: The Awakening, starting with a concise review of where it stands.

The original plan for this film in 2010/2011 was a completely different film to be titled Amityville: The Lost Tapes using the 'found footage' routine. The story had a TV news reporter leading a team of journalists, clergy, and paranormal researchers into an investigation of the bizarre events now known as The Amityville Horror, only to open a portal to some hell dimension that nobody can close (without the Necranomicon I guess).

On May 15, 2011, Bob Weinstein announced in a press conference that the film would be released January 27, 2012 and that (quote), 'We are thrilled to return to the mythology of The Amityville Horror with a new and terrifying vision that will satisfy our existing fans and also introduce an entirely new audience to this popular haunting phenomenon...'. After delaying that release a couple of times the project was abandoned and the film shelved (even from DVD release and downloading theft). The writers, Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands, were ordered to write another different story they can attach the Amityville name to. In March 2014, they came up with the awaited offering calling it a rewritten story/script for the (same) film retitled Amityville and scheduled it for release on January 2, 2015. Yes it is true but there is more...

Also in March and in April 2014 a new cast was hired without ever revealing the old cast members (luckily for them). In August 2014 the film was (again?) retitled, Amityville: The Awakening. In September 2014 the release was cancelled and not until May 2015 was a new release date announced to be on April 1 and then April 15, 2016. Test screenings forced the filmmakers and distributors (what a team eh sherbetbizarre?!) to push it off again and on March 8 it was announced the film would be released on January 6, 2016. In January 2016 pushed off to June 30, 2017. (Almost makes you think of that old A. Einstein not B. Weinstein expression of insanity doing the same thing over and over...)

On lucky June 7, 2017 the film release was cancelled with still no new release date although the film had its theatrical run in the Ukraine that began July 27, 2017 in over 800 theatres. At least the lucky Ukraine Folks have that horror story behind them now. The rest of us are still waiting for a new release date to be announced. Still, the Ukraine (and the rest of us) are still not out of the woods yet as someone must determine if Amityville: The Lost Tapes (fitting title they came up with before the fact) is the nineteenth Amityville film or Amityville: The Awakening, the rewritten and retitled and refound Lost Tapes that are actually still lost.

In any case, that is where we stand with that as we wait in oh such suspense and anticipation like some here do...
antny000 wrote:The reason I asked those questions is because, to be quite honest, I'm not sure what your gripe with this movie is exactly.
Perhaps you now understand what 'my gripe' is. The fact that you and some others take it all in stride, and the sanity behind doing that, is what needs explaining. I know that I am good with the best opening for a page 19 truthboard topic ever. Cheers!
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 pm

We probably have the success of IT to thank for this...
Long-Delayed ‘Amityville: The Awakening’ Finally Gets Firm October Date

Forty years later, something is stirring again at 112 Ocean Avenue.

After being bumped several times and then completely pulled from the schedule entirely, we’re happy to report that Dimension is finally releasing new franchise installment Amityville: The Awakening this Halloween season.

The film will debut exclusively for free for a limited time on Google Play, starting October 12, and will also be released by Dimension Films in select theaters on October 28.

While you wait, check out a new clip and new images below.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34604 ... ober-date/

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:We probably have the success of IT to thank for this...
Long-Delayed ‘Amityville: The Awakening’ Finally Gets Firm October Date

Forty years later, something is stirring again at 112 Ocean Avenue.

After being bumped several times and then completely pulled from the schedule entirely, we’re happy to report that Dimension is finally releasing new franchise installment Amityville: The Awakening this Halloween season.

The film will debut exclusively for free for a limited time on Google Play, starting October 12, and will also be released by Dimension Films in select theaters on October 28.

While you wait, check out a new clip and new images below.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34604 ... ober-date/
I suspect IT's release was a factor in the delay.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:32 pm

You guys still haven't seen it yet?

The russian dub is available if anyone still wants it 8-)
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:45 pm

No point now :P

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:You guys still haven't seen it yet?

The russian dub is available if anyone still wants it 8-)
That would require learning Russian (which I understand is a difficult language to learn), all for a movie that I am not really in a major hurry to watch. If I was to learn another language it would be for the purposes of moving overseas.

But I suspect I digressed to another topic that was sort of related.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:22 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:24 am

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:29 am

Do we at all know whether The Haunting on Long Island: The Amityville Murders is a prequel to this movie? I ask because Dan Farrands is involved with both projects and maybe it is at least in an unofficial capacity.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:55 am

I don't think they're officially connected.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:29 pm

THATS a new idea... a prequel that comes out BEFORE the sequel. LOL

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:53 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:THATS a new idea... a prequel that comes out BEFORE the sequel. LOL
Yes that would defeat the purpose of the prequel/sequel paradigm! lmao

I was actually referring to Amityville: The Awakening due out before The Haunting in Long Island movie.
- Brendan72

LoverKoalas23
Amityville Member

Post by LoverKoalas23 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Dumb question guys but anyone knows where I can find the soundtrack? I loved some songs on the film but the only one I can find is the credits song. By the way, I liked the movie, is not perfect but is good, I don't think it deserve so many bad reviews.

saintlaz1
Amityville Member

Post by saintlaz1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:53 am

I saw it ; only good thing is they got the house right. But at least it’s a step up from the recent tragedies.

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:39 pm

I wonder if the current head on here will be broadcasting the pervert Harvey Weinstein and his company anymore?

No less the brilliant Amityville: The Unreleasable

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:27 pm

LoverKoalas23 wrote:Dumb question guys but anyone knows where I can find the soundtrack? I loved some songs on the film but the only one I can find is the credits song. By the way, I liked the movie, is not perfect but is good, I don't think it deserve so many bad reviews.
Try searching for Robin Coudert and you might find some more.

The film just wasn't as good as Amityville Asylum and the people involved in the delays still don't deserve a penny.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:...the people involved in the delays still don't deserve a penny.
If you've followed the news, he's been run out of town...

Jimmie_R
Amityville Member

Post by Jimmie_R » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
LoverKoalas23 wrote:Dumb question guys but anyone knows where I can find the soundtrack? I loved some songs on the film but the only one I can find is the credits song. By the way, I liked the movie, is not perfect but is good, I don't think it deserve so many bad reviews.

The film just wasn't as good as Amityville Asylum and the people involved in the delays still don't deserve a penny.
Amityville Asylum was total crap from beginning to end... At least Awakening had production value and the house itself. Plus ok actors.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 am

Jimmie_R wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:

Amityville Asylum was total crap from beginning to end... At least Awakening had production value and the house itself. Plus ok actors.
I haven't seen Asylum although I can only imagine it would be a modest budget. Having said that a good budget does not always mean a good movie. Comparably speaking Awakening would have had a bigger budget than Asylum and I found it to be disappointing. Although I was not setting a high expectation so was not overly disappointed, but disappointed nonetheless.
- Brendan72

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Jimmie_R wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:

Couldn't disagree more. Easily the best Amityville film since Evil Escapes.

saintlaz1
Amityville Member

Post by saintlaz1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:00 am

I assume this guy is joking; I don’t even consider asylum a real movie it’s like a some kids got a camcorder and decided to make a movie for fun and to even put evil escapes as something to live up to is even more ludicrous.

These shitty amityville movies should have been stoped decades ago. I only give props for the awakening for it being a real movie from a legit studio that someone had sense to make an accurate replica house.

Was Awakening good? Eh it’s just alright.... I last I sat through it but :) love :) for the love of god at least you got a real amityville movie.