Melissa George on Celebrity Ghost Stories

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Melissa George on Celebrity Ghost Stories

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Last night I saw Melissa George (Kathy Lutz in the 2005 The Amityville Horror) on Celebrity Ghost Stories which is on the station Biography, or Bio.

She was talking about paranormal experiences that she and some other people involved in the production experienced. She also talked about how she felt when she learned of the passing of Kathy Lutz and how she felt playing Kathy. It was very interesting.

Did anyone else catch it? I don't know if it's been on before but this was the first time I'd seen it and I didn't see it mentioned here so I thought I'd let people know about it if they didn't.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Melissa George on Celebrity Ghost Stories

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:37 pm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks, Brooke.

Wow... she full of mince :roll:

AmityPhotos
Amityville Addict

Post by AmityPhotos » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Photographed her last October at a premiere. She was a sweetheart when I stopped her afterwards for a pic with her.

http://amityphotos.zenfolio.com/p305320863/ee176cd1

One of my friends played the ghost in the Gena Lee Nolin episode- I have to look that one up.
www.AmityPhotos.com

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:53 pm

You couldn't tell the homes apart? Melissa how much research did you actually do?!

Also, it's really sad the sets look more accurate in this than they did in the movie. Also, it pisses me off about the whole Kathy Lutz thing. First of all she more than likely did not want to see your movie, also if you were so sad about her passing, why not make the film more accurate? Maybe the ghost was Kathy Lutz trying to crash filming, knowing how they were going to defame her family once again. Personally, I think this is a publicity stunt by MGM for their sequel.

NOTE: Supposedly the movie house they picked was haunted, if that was the case THEN ITS NOT RELATED TO AMITYVILLE
Last edited by VampireKen on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:02 pm

That story was painful to watch and I almost turned it off. :roll: Yes, she is lacking on her research, that's for sure!! She needs to become a member of this site to learn the real truth.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

What a disgrace, Now THAT IS A HOAX. And are we expected to believe the movie house in Toms River is still haunted after it "claimed the lives of 3 people", Odaly Fragoso says no! :roll: Shame on MGM for trying to distort the story even more. You've already succeeded in distorting the story once, now you have a sequel, then this? Obvious publicity stunt, makes people go "ooh I wonder whats happening on the sets of the new movies." How did Melissa go from evil spirits to the defeos haunting the set?

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

bella2005
Great Scott!

Post by bella2005 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 pm

I saw this last night too. All I could keep saying was "huh?"

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 am

VampireKen wrote:You couldn't tell the homes apart? Melissa how much research did you actually do?!

Also, it's really sad the sets look more accurate in this than they did in the movie. Also, it pisses me off about the whole Kathy Lutz thing. First of all she more than likely did not want to see your movie, also if you were so sad about her passing, why not make the film more accurate? Maybe the ghost was Kathy Lutz trying to crash filming, knowing how they were going to defame her family once again. Personally, I think this is a publicity stunt by MGM for their sequel.

NOTE: Supposedly the movie house they picked was haunted, if that was the case THEN ITS NOT RELATED TO AMITYVILLE
Well to be fair, Melissa probably didn't have much control over the script. I'm pretty sure actors don't have a heck of a lot of say in the writing, at least that's what I've heard from actors that have been interviewed.

And I have to say that I think Melissa George's Kathy is probably the best thing about this film. She portrayed Kathy's fear but kept Kathy's strength for her family. I preferred her Kathy to Margot Kidder's, to be honest. I like Margot Kidder's Kathy, but I thought she came off a little flaky at times. Ms. George's Kathy seems intelligent and strong, to me.

I think Melissa George was sincere in her respect for Kathy Lutz.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:14 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:
VampireKen wrote:You couldn't tell the homes apart? Melissa how much research did you actually do?!

Well to be fair, Melissa probably didn't have much control over the script. I'm pretty sure actors don't have a heck of a lot of say in the writing, at least that's what I've heard from actors that have been interviewed.

And I have to say that I think Melissa George's Kathy is probably the best thing about this film. She portrayed Kathy's fear but kept Kathy's strength for her family. I preferred her Kathy to Margot Kidder's, to be honest. I like Margot Kidder's Kathy, but I thought she came off a little flaky at times. Ms. George's Kathy seems intelligent and strong, to me.

I think Melissa George was sincere in her respect for Kathy Lutz.
I think Melissa George's story is a whole bunch of BS. She probably didn't really know that much about Amityville Horror story to begin with. The real Kathy Lutz was ill for years. Her passing wasn't sudden or unexpected like George's was.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:33 pm

I think the only thing out of the entire film that was accurate was Kathy's hair color (something that wasn't in the original film, most likely because after leaving 112 Kathy's hair was usually brownish.)

I also find it interesting that had the producers actually paid attention to Kathy Lutz' story....THEY WOULD NOT HAVE CALLED HER KATHRINE IN THE MOVIE.

AutumnMaidenDove
Amityville Addict

Post by AutumnMaidenDove » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:49 am

WOW, talk about creepy! Filming a movie about a haunting and have a real haunting take place. And it being a different house makes it even worse.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:30 am

Just got around to watching this clip. I totally agree, her story is rubbish. Just another cheap reality show feeding manufactured crap to the audience. I don't even believe the small detail about the director calling everyone together to inform them of the real Kathy Lutz' passing. Why would he do that? They didn't know Kathy. It's not like Kathy approved the project or visited the set or gave Melissa tips on how best to portray her in the film. The filmmakers didn't have respect for the Lutzes (especially when George was pestering them with legal challenges at the time).

It's just a BS show that celebrities go on when they (or their agents) feel they need some exposure. Some starving college kid probably wrote the whole thing for her...

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:35 pm

What a crock. :roll:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Just got around to watching this clip. I totally agree, her story is rubbish. Just another cheap reality show feeding manufactured crap to the audience. I don't even believe the small detail about the director calling everyone together to inform them of the real Kathy Lutz' passing. Why would he do that? They didn't know Kathy. It's not like Kathy approved the project or visited the set or gave Melissa tips on how best to portray her in the film. The filmmakers didn't have respect for the Lutzes (especially when George was pestering them with legal challenges at the time).

It's just a BS show that celebrities go on when they (or their agents) feel they need some exposure. Some starving college kid probably wrote the whole thing for her...
I watch the show, but yes, it usually is a bunch of has been actors, actresses and rock stars trying to make some quick money. I think this Melissa George's story takes the cake though for being one of the most ridiculous though. :roll: Her "story" was SO bad that I had to see how it was going to end, so I didn't turn it off. :lol:

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:44 am

I had to stop watching it when she said that they made the house in the remake look just like the real Amityville house. What was she smoking at that time?

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Here's Chris's reaction
AmityvilleHorror Challenge wrote:I was pretty disgusted with that show... thats my Mom she was talking about, she is deceased. so are the DeFeo Kids.... so was she saying it was my Mom, or one of the DeFeo Kids that were choking her?

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:23 pm

To be fair that segment was scarier than anything from the remake in 2005.

I think they should make an Amityville movie about an actor being haunted on the set of an Amityville sequel. That would be a new and exciting change! :D
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:To be fair that segment was scarier than anything from the remake in 2005.

I think they should make an Amityville movie about an actor being haunted on the set of an Amityville sequel. That would be a new and exciting change! :D
They did that with a movie about how "Nosferatu" was filmed. It's called "Shadow of The Vampire".

Mictros
**New Account**

Post by Mictros » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Melissa George. What a bad actress. She couldn't even spew that load of crap and maintain a straight face. Several times it looked like she was gonna giggle hysterically. No one has been scarier than James Brolin was in the original. No. One.

The-Jeff-Jinx
**New Account**

Post by The-Jeff-Jinx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Celebrity Ghost Stories has only just shown in the UK, so I'm late to the thread. It was so OTT that I looked for more information online and found an old interview with George from the 14th of April 2005. She's talking in detail about filming 'The Amityville Horror.'

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2005/04/15/i ... ssa-george

If you read the 2nd page she clearly states: "I don't believe too much in the supernatural unless I see it or feel it, but I gotta tell you I didn't feel a thing."

Completely contradicting everything she said on that show.

And she's a egocentric girl too "Kathy Lutz has just died. It was real scary that she chose our movie to pass away."