I am from Amityville

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

I am from Amityville

Postby optitom » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello people. I was born and raised in Amityville on Hamilton Street, around the corner from the house. I was 5 years old when the murders occurred, and I can tell you that is the only truth in the whole story. He wasn't possessed, their is not an indian burial ground, ketcham wasnt a witch...Ronny or Butch was just a heroin addicted psychopath who wanted the insurance or inheritance to feed his addiction. I also know Bob Kelske personally who can attest to this. The Lutzes couldnt pay their mortgage and just took off. They also claim they never returned to the house for any of their belongings..:) silly dilly :)...i saw them, along with a number of my young friends...return with a uhaul and pick up their motorcycle and furniture. They saw a cash cow with the exploitation of a poor family and a beautiful town, and ran with it.
I have seen people rip the siding off these peoples house and dig up their grass and rip their plants out for keepsakes. The house has always been occupied. Its a beautiful house in the best part of Amityville, and none of the owners have been run out by demons. They were all great people and neighbors. I know its an interesting story, but the truth is...IT IS NOT REAL!! Please let the good people of Amityville enjoy the beautiful town it is and pay dearly for, and more importantly, let my neighbors, and friends that live on Ocean Avenue, enjoy the beautiful property they have worked hard for and deserve. Let us all live in peace. Thank you.
optitom
Amityville Member

Re: I am from Amityville

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:00 am

Welcome to the board.

optitom wrote:I also know Bob Kelske personally who can attest to this.

He died a decade ago.

optitom wrote:The Lutzes couldnt pay their mortgage and just took off.

This is the claim some people make, but have you any proof of this? George claims he paid the mortgage up until June or July before they eventually decided to give up on the house. And while we don't have proof of this, either, they did buy a house in Southern California just months later, so it would seem their credit and finances were actually pretty good.

optitom wrote:They also claim they never returned to the house for any of their belongings..:) silly dilly :)...i saw them, along with a number of my young friends...return with a uhaul and pick up their motorcycle and furniture.

Yes, you are right. George said he had a few friends return to the house to retrieve a few items, such as his bike. Many claims surrounding the haunting and the murders have been exaggerated over the years. And those exaggerations have been exaggerated further, and so on. The claim that they never returned to the house is one such exaggeration (unless you read it as "they never returned to the house to live").

And that's the main reason we're here -- to examine the case and attempt to strip away the myths and misconceptions -- not to dig up the grass and pee on the front porch...
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby Brooke Forrester » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 am

optitom wrote:Hello people. I was born and raised in Amityville on Hamilton Street, around the corner from the house. I was 5 years old when the murders occurred, and I can tell you that is the only truth in the whole story. He wasn't possessed, their is not an indian burial ground, ketcham wasnt a witch...Ronny or Butch was just a heroin addicted psychopath who wanted the insurance or inheritance to feed his addiction. I also know Bob Kelske personally who can attest to this. The Lutzes couldnt pay their mortgage and just took off. They also claim they never returned to the house for any of their belongings..:) silly dilly :)...i saw them, along with a number of my young friends...return with a uhaul and pick up their motorcycle and furniture. They saw a cash cow with the exploitation of a poor family and a beautiful town, and ran with it.
I have seen people rip the siding off these peoples house and dig up their grass and rip their plants out for keepsakes. The house has always been occupied. Its a beautiful house in the best part of Amityville, and none of the owners have been run out by demons. They were all great people and neighbors. I know its an interesting story, but the truth is...IT IS NOT REAL!! Please let the good people of Amityville enjoy the beautiful town it is and pay dearly for, and more importantly, let my neighbors, and friends that live on Ocean Avenue, enjoy the beautiful property they have worked hard for and deserve. Let us all live in peace. Thank you.

Hi, I hope you enjoy your stay at the board if you stick around.

Amityville is a beautiful town, I hope to visit it someday, I just happen to love the look of the town and I respect the way they haven't exploited the tragedy.
Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Postby Architect of light 75 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:46 am

Hi optitom,

How are you doing ?

I did travel to Amityville from downtown New-York in a train right to your city. I then walked all the way from the train station to The House. I had a pizza and 2 drinks in the pizza parlor right at the corner on Ocean avenue.. I was just a friendly tourist and I spent money in your town and that's it.

You need tourism, like every city.

Have a nice day.
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Julabard » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:19 am

Hi

I fully intend to come to Ocean Avenue next time I'm over, but I shall of course be respectful and not annoying. If you or any of your friends want to come and take some pictures along my road here in the UK, go ahead!

- J
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!
Julabard
how strange...

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Welcome to the board.

optitom wrote:I also know Bob Kelske personally who can attest to this.

He died a decade ago.

optitom wrote:The Lutzes couldnt pay their mortgage and just took off.

This is the claim some people make, but have you any proof of this? George claims he paid the mortgage up until June or July before they eventually decided to give up on the house. And while we don't have proof of this, either, they did buy a house in Southern California just months later, so it would seem their credit and finances were actually pretty good.

optitom wrote:They also claim they never returned to the house for any of their belongings..:) silly dilly :)...i saw them, along with a number of my young friends...return with a uhaul and pick up their motorcycle and furniture.

Yes, you are right. George said he had a few friends return to the house to retrieve a few items, such as his bike. Many claims surrounding the haunting and the murders have been exaggerated over the years. And those exaggerations have been exaggerated further, and so on. The claim that they never returned to the house is one such exaggeration (unless you read it as "they never returned to the house to live").

And that's the main reason we're here -- to examine the case and attempt to strip away the myths and misconceptions -- not to dig up the grass and pee on the front porch...

Dan,

I thought George said he never returned to the house after they fled except to hand someone the keys and even then he never put one foot on the property or re-entered the house.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Deadguydan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 am

not to dig up the grass and pee on the front porch...
:lol:

Well crap I guess I'm cancelling my vacation plans this fall!
Deadguydan
Amityville Addict

Postby optitom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Hey there Architect of light 75 ...That would be blue t pizza..my favorite pizza place there. I used to eat lunch when i was in high school there. Hope you enjoyed Amityville. I havent been there in over 10 years, and did not know bob kelske died. I used to work at jj's tavern, which used to be the witches brew, and bob would come in every now and then. It is a nice town, just tarnished from all the hype. I, myself, enjoyed all the popularity of living there, asnd it was always a great ice breaker when being introduced to people, but people who live on ocean ave dont like it as much...lol
optitom
Amityville Member

Postby optitom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:06 pm

I also have recent pics of the house from when i was there last year. i dont know if you can post pics here or not tho. I have a pic of their recent yardsale that was on the news...people were waiting in line to get in...lol. I guess it was a success. We used to play ice hockey on the river behind the house, cuz thats where the ice was the smoothest, but when we missed and the puck went into the boathouse, it was game over..we were too scared to retreive it, but we were kids...lol
optitom
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:16 pm

So the "Witches Brew" bar really existed? I thought that name was made up by Anson. I thought it was simply Henry's Bar. Where was the Witches Brew located?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby optitom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Yep..its still there, its called jj's tavern now. I was a bartender there for a few years and lived on top of it. You can still see the witch stirring her pot under the new paint.
optitom
Amityville Member

Postby optitom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Henrys bar, which was actually called o'henrys, was up in north amityville i believe.
optitom
Amityville Member

Postby optitom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

JJ's is on the corner of carmens place and merrick road...about a block away from ocean ave.
optitom
Amityville Member

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Is it in that same strip mall where Blue T's pizza is located?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby optitom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:32 pm

no..its the next corner down. its a tiny place, connected to i think 2 other stores.
optitom
Amityville Member

Postby Architect of light 75 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:41 am

optitom wrote:Hey there Architect of light 75 ...That would be blue t pizza..my favorite pizza place there. I used to eat lunch when i was in high school there. Hope you enjoyed Amityville. I havent been there in over 10 years, and did not know bob kelske died. I used to work at jj's tavern, which used to be the witches brew, and bob would come in every now and then. It is a nice town, just tarnished from all the hype. I, myself, enjoyed all the popularity of living there, asnd it was always a great ice breaker when being introduced to people, but people who live on ocean ave dont like it as much...lol

Hi Optitom,

Yep, that is the Blue T Pizza place. It's a friendly place but the pizzas we had were nothing like what I would call "a pizza".. but it was still kind of feeding I guess :lol:

We really enjoyed our day in Amityville yeah, I took so many shots other than of The House and it was a cold but sunny day.

Thanks for your experience.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby sherbetbizarre » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:38 am

optitom wrote:Yep..its still there, its called jj's tavern now. I was a bartender there for a few years and lived on top of it. You can still see the witch stirring her pot under the new paint.

Which years was it known as Witches Brew?
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Jacobmarley1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 am

I want Optitom to post all his Amityville pictures!! Surely he must have some! :)
Jacobmarley1
Amityville Addict

Postby Architect of light 75 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 am

Jacobmarley1 wrote:I want Optitom to post all his Amityville pictures!! Surely he must have some! :)

He did, have a look in the photo section.

Have a nice day by the way.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Postby Dan the Damned » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
optitom wrote:Yep..its still there, its called jj's tavern now. I was a bartender there for a few years and lived on top of it. You can still see the witch stirring her pot under the new paint.

Which years was it known as Witches Brew?

Yeah, sorry to focus on the miniscule, here, but a lot of us have just assumed that the Witches Brew was a fictitious name created by Anson. So any detailed background would be nice in clearing up yet another misconception.
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby optitom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:27 pm

It was called witches brew in the 70's , not sure of the dates, and sometime in the 80's it became cuddy cabin, then in the 90's till present it is jj's tavern.
optitom
Amityville Member

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion