THE CONJURING movies

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

THE CONJURING movies

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Oh, Devilbusted is going to love this...

James Wan Reveals New Supernatural Project

December 2, 2011

In a "Twitter" conversation with Shock and director Scott Derrickson (Sinister) last night, Insidious helmer James Wan spoke a bit about his next project which is set up at Warner Bros.

"The lifestory of the Warrens is my next film," he said via his account.

Labeled the "original ghost hunters," the Warrens were real-life supernatural investigators. Ed, a WWII vet and former police officer, described himself as a demonologist and Lorraine is a clairvoyant/medium. Ed passed away in 2006.

The Warrens were involved in the investigation of the Amityville house incident and they took on a number of peculiar cases. Of course, this came with scrutiny from some folks who believed they were frauds. Learn more about them at EdandLorraineWarren.com.

A story about their life sounds like a terrific idea and Wan has demonstrated that he's the right man for the job. I'm curious to hear about his angle on the story.

Expect an official announcement about the project soon as Wan is currently in pre-production.

http://www.shocktilyoudrop.com/news/top ... p?id=22111

creepypuppet James Wan wrote:“@scottderrickson: @creepypuppet Who owns THE DEMONOLOGIST anyway?” NewLine/WarnerBros has the life rights to Ed and Lorraine Warren.

creepypuppet James Wan wrote: “@STYDNews: @scottderrickson @creepypuppet Nevermind, wrong project, thinking of Demonologists...” it's about the same people/characters.

creepypuppet James Wan wrote:“@scottderrickson: Bummer. After THE RITE they wont do anything with it” um, actually they are. The lifestory of the Warrens is my next film

https://twitter.com/#!/creepypuppet
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: The Warrens - THE MOVIE!

Postby Mary23 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 pm

it would be interesting .....
Mary23
Amityville Addict

Postby Howard64 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:32 pm

this sounds interesting:)
" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Howard64
ta-wo-di u-s-di

Postby tomspy77 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 am

Will the pet chicken be represented? Otherwise it's not worth watching... ;-)
tomspy77
Son of Davros

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:55 am

tomspy77 wrote:Will the pet chicken be represented? Otherwise it's not worth watching... ;-)

Ha !!! You cracked me up with that one....I saw the YouTube clip where she was being interview about TAH in her kitchen and when I saw that she had a pet chicken that she kept in a cage I nearly fell out of my chair. That woman must be nuttier than a fruitcake.

Who do you think will play her in the flim? I'm envisioning Lilly Tomlin (just based on a slight resembelence).
"Beauty fades but stupidity is for life."
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby devilbustedinct » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 pm

This project has been floating around Hollywood for over a decade now, with two prior false starts. I'll be curious to see if they follow through with it this time. But the BS as started already; Ed Warren was NEVER a police officer and spent mos of his life on disability. If they actually make a movie about how they made a career out of exploiting dysfunctional families, evading the negative press and skeptics, and how they fine tuned their dog and pony show and made a small fortune out of it along with creating a legion of delusional fans, it may just be a great movie...but it's Hollywood, so I will be hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Postby kathyM » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:35 pm

What was his disability?
kathyM
Princess

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:26 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:This project has been floating around Hollywood for over a decade now, with two prior false starts. I'll be curious to see if they follow through with it this time. But the BS as started already; Ed Warren was NEVER a police officer and spent mos of his life on disability. If they actually make a movie about how they made a career out of exploiting dysfunctional families, evading the negative press and skeptics, and how they fine tuned their dog and pony show and made a small fortune out of it along with creating a legion of delusional fans, it may just be a great movie...but it's Hollywood, so I will be hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Ten years ago I would have jumped at seeing this movie, but now i'll just wait for it to come out direct to dvd.

Knowing Hollywood, and if hypothetically Platinum Dunes put their hand up for this project, we'd see the Warrens arriving at the Amityville house on a speedboat, Annabell the doll coming to life like Chucky (incidentally I am told where the Child's Play movies got their influence from), and Ed Warren turning into an ax-wielding maniac. Let's not forget a cameo by Elvis Presley.

And let's not forget the audience members' general alarming response: "I know it's all BS and it's based on a true story but it's just entertainment after all!"
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby kathyM » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 am

The only thing I found about Ed is that he had a stroke 5 years before he died and lost the ability to speak. Is that the disability you talk about?

http://www.nysun.com/obituaries/ed-warr ... ase/38746/
kathyM
Princess

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:34 pm

kathyM wrote:The only thing I found about Ed is that he had a stroke 5 years before he died and lost the ability to speak. Is that the disability you talk about?

http://www.nysun.com/obituaries/ed-warr ... ase/38746/

Ed Warren losing his ability to speak ... boy that's something I would have liked to have seen. :dance:
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby devilbustedinct » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 pm

kathyM wrote:What was his disability?

Three years would not constitute most of his life. Ed was on disability since he was discharged from post WWII in the late 40's, after being a gunner in the Navy . That's when he began painting dinner plates and signs and eventually his own ghoulish "pieces of art'," which now adorn a museum...his own that is, in the Warren Occult Museum of unholy artifacts or the "Halloween Room," as it was called before they started charging people admission to come in contact with supposed demonic items that could curse, hex, demonize, possess, ruin, and destroy the very lives of anyone that touched, or even thought about them...all for a mere $12.00. Of course that price has skyrocketed into absurdity since the late 80's, just so a brave (or foolish) soul can spend an afternoon putting their lives and souls in mortal danger (what a great bargain!). Ed would even cast the white aura of Christ's light on you after he took your money and had you sign a ridiculous waiver...if he even remembered to do so.

While I have a very good idea what his disability was from speaking to people that have worked closely with him, including a former agent, an author who reluctantly penned one of their books, another well known author who refused to write for them after spending an enlightening week him and Lorraine, and my own personal experiences with him, his exact disability remains "elusive" to even the most diligent researcher thanks to HIPPA laws and the fact certain persons would love to have the opportunity to sue me on the tiniest technicality which they could consider libel, slander, or worse; something they are constantly searching for. I can confirm that he did indeed have a disability, and while most said it was a certain mental disorder (which I firmly and 100% believe), there is no definitive proof of the exact condition that can be legally disclosed at this present time. It is very obvious he suffered from no physical ailments, so you have to put 2 and 2 together without me doing the math. I have no proof to show at this time so you simply have take what I say however you wish. Do a little research and you just may discover the answer yourself.

Now that's not breaking any laws...is it guys? Sorry if I disappointed any of you. :D
devilbustedinct

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Schizophrenia w/religious delusions, anyone? He was a text book example (in my opinion):

- An awkward gait
- Unusual gestures
- Sudden irritability, anger, hostility, suspiciousness, resentment (his 20+ year grudge against Stephen Kaplan)
- Intense and excessive preoccupation w/religion (his delusion of being a Subject Matter Expert on all things Occult)

Need I go on?

And don't get me started on Lorraine. She comes across as benign and unassuming but she's just as mean-spirited as her deceased husband/partner-in-crime. She fed into his religious delusions and more than likely, she suffers from it on a smaller scale herself (in my opinion).

Has anyone seen the clip on YouTube of her being interviewed in her kitchen about TAH? She has a pet chicken she keeps in a cage right in the middle of the room. I'm sorry but sista ain't playin' with a full deck.
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:13 am

Who should play Evanguy in the movie about the Warrens?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby devilbustedinct » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:02 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Who should play Evanguy in the movie about the Warrens?

That's f'n hilarious!!!

Got me thinking to what the perfect cast would be. Here's my picks

ED WARREN - TOM BOSLEY (okay, I know he died last year and stood up to Fonzie, but oh well)

LORRAINE WARREN - BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (okay, she’s dead but was re-animated and they have the same hairdo so I guess it's ok)

ImageImage

JOHN ZAFFIS - SIR PATRICK STEWART (okay, so he's kinda old and isthe founder of the CHARLES XAVIER SCHOOL FOR GIFTED YOUNGSTERS but oh well)

ImageImage

STEPHEN KAPLAN - PETER CUSHING (okay, so he blew up on the Death Star, but oh well)

Image Image

CLUCKERS - ROASTED CHICKEN (okay, I know he's moist and tasty and served with sides but oh well)

EVANGUY - MARK DAVID CHAPMAN (okay, so he's still in Attica and didn't like the Beatles, but oh well)

Just kiddin' Evanguy... :D
devilbustedinct

Postby VintageBoy91 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:19 am

Sounds interesting. I would watch the movie.
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby kathyM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Devilbusted, when you said he was on disability I was curious as to what it was since I couldnt see anything obvious wrong with him and hadnt heard anything about it before. Of course the disability could be something not physical that could be seen but instead mental.

Hmm, maybe if they make the movie they will talk about then.
kathyM
Princess

Postby VintageBoy91 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:48 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:Who should play Evanguy in the movie about the Warrens?

That's f'n hilarious!!!

Got me thinking to what the perfect cast would be. Here's my picks

ED WARREN - TOM BOSLEY (okay, I know he died last year and stood up to Fonzie, but oh well)

LORRAINE WARREN - BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (okay, she’s dead but was re-animated and they have the same hairdo so I guess it's ok)

ImageImage

JOHN ZAFFIS - SIR PATRICK STEWART (okay, so he's kinda old and isthe founder of the CHARLES XAVIER SCHOOL FOR GIFTED YOUNGSTERS but oh well)

ImageImage

STEPHEN KAPLAN - PETER CUSHING (okay, so he blew up on the Death Star, but oh well)

Image Image

CLUCKERS - ROASTED CHICKEN (okay, I know he's moist and tasty and served with sides but oh well)

EVANGUY - MARK DAVID CHAPMAN (okay, so he's still in Attica and didn't like the Beatles, but oh well)

Just kiddin' Evanguy... :D

Yes, Bosley would be the perfect Ed Warren. Too bad he died last year. :(
VintageBoy91
Amityville Addict

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 pm

I think the film about the Warren's should be a parody/comedy, titled "Hangin' with Padre Pio" starring Will Ferrell as Ed and Debra Messing as Lorraine. :dance:
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby devilbustedinct » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

kathyM wrote:Devilbusted, when you said he was on disability I was curious as to what it was since I couldnt see anything obvious wrong with him and hadnt heard anything about it before. Of course the disability could be something not physical that could be seen but instead mental.

I would suppose that IF you were a ghost hunter/Demonologist who has been the subject of a dozen books and TV specials, the last thing you would want to do to spoil the family business is to reveal that you have a mental illness...that's if you had one of course.

Hey, what happened to the photo of Cluckers as a delicious roasted chicken? Now it's a big "banned" sign. and I can't edit it. C'mon folks, let me get that tasty bird back into the post, please?
devilbustedinct

Postby OnTheMarkTexas » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Dev:

Is Cluckers the pet chicken that Lorriane keeps in a cage in her kitchen?
- OnTheMarkTexas
OnTheMarkTexas
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:33 am

devilbustedinct wrote:
kathyM wrote:Devilbusted, when you said he was on disability I was curious as to what it was since I couldnt see anything obvious wrong with him and hadnt heard anything about it before. Of course the disability could be something not physical that could be seen but instead mental.

I would suppose that IF you were a ghost hunter/Demonologist who has been the subject of a dozen books and TV specials, the last thing you would want to do to spoil the family business is to reveal that you have a mental illness...that's if you had one of course.

Hey, what happened to the photo of Cluckers as a delicious roasted chicken? Now it's a big "banned" sign. and I can't edit it. C'mon folks, let me get that tasty bird back into the post, please?

I don't think this board put the banned sign on it, but the website that you linked it too probably put up the banned sign. If you post a hot link like this, it can take up their bandwidth.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Next

Return to Amityville Discussion